Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:04 PM
scottjays scottjays is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SoFla
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 105
Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
how many USB ports are there in the current F25?

I know there is one in the arm rest. but I remember the CA telling me there is another. I can't locate it. its not in the glove box. any one if there is another USB?
__________________
2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport Carbon Black, Nevada Chestnut, Wave Wood. Driver Assistance, Premium, Technology, M Sport, Dynamic Handling, Premium Sound and Heated Front Seats.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
rao112 rao112 is offline
Registered User
Location: Norwood, MA
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 68
Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
how many USB ports are there in the current F25?

I think only one USB port.. Read this..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...70#post7542270


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
2014 X3 28i - Mineral Silver Metallic - Leather Nevada Mojave - Fineline wave wood trim - Cold Weather - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance - Lighting - Premium - X line exterior trim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:23 PM
scottjays scottjays is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: SoFla
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 105
Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by rao112 View Post
I think only one USB port.. Read this..

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...70#post7542270


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
yep that's the answer. thanks much
__________________
2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport Carbon Black, Nevada Chestnut, Wave Wood. Driver Assistance, Premium, Technology, M Sport, Dynamic Handling, Premium Sound and Heated Front Seats.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 AM
viguy viguy is offline
Registered User
Location: Indiana
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
I've got 2

Hey gang,
Just got my first X last week.
Great experience trying to figure out where everything is.
I have found a USB port in my armrest right above the AUX jack
plus there is another one inside top left in my glove box.
I probably wouldn't have found it except there was a tag sticking in it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 AM
rao112 rao112 is offline
Registered User
Location: Norwood, MA
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 68
Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by viguy View Post
Hey gang,
Just got my first X last week.
Great experience trying to figure out where everything is.
I have found a USB port in my armrest right above the AUX jack
plus there is another one inside top left in my glove box.
I probably wouldn't have found it except there was a tag sticking in it.
Unfortunately the 2014's are coming with only one USB. It is located in the arm rest compartment.
__________________
2014 X3 28i - Mineral Silver Metallic - Leather Nevada Mojave - Fineline wave wood trim - Cold Weather - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance - Lighting - Premium - X line exterior trim
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 AM
bmw5dm3 bmw5dm3 is offline
Registered User
Location: Atlanta
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Your are correct, there is only one all-in-one USB port (used for both charging, reading music from phones or ipods, transferring music to HDD). The delivery specialist at PCD confirmed this on the day of my delivery. MY2014 came with a 2013 owner's manual book and that got me searching for the second USB port though.
__________________
-------------------------------------------------
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
Liverman's Avatar
Liverman Liverman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Teller County, Colorado
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 522
Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
When I picked up mine, my CA did the two hour long form orientation to the X3 for me and my wife. He is very thorough and a heck of a nice guy.

Ours was the first '14 X3 he had seen.

He starts pointing out the USB ports and opens the glove box. He sees the little tag lying there that is normally stuck in the USB port. He tells us about the USB port in the glovebox (it's there on the '13), but can't find it. So here he is down on his hands and knees peering into the glovebox looking for this USB port. After watching him searching around with his posterior skyward for a bit, I finally told him that it wasn't there on the '14 anymore.

He'll get me back for that one day ...call me with a bogus recall or something
__________________
Greg

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)


"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM
pmacd55's Avatar
pmacd55 pmacd55 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 168
Mein Auto: whatever the Mrs doesn't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
When I picked up mine, my CA did the two hour long form orientation to the X3 for me and my wife. He is very thorough and a heck of a nice guy.

Ours was the first '14 X3 he had seen.

He starts pointing out the USB ports and opens the glove box. He sees the little tag lying there that is normally stuck in the USB port. He tells us about the USB port in the glovebox (it's there on the '13), but can't find it. So here he is down on his hands and knees peering into the glovebox looking for this USB port. After watching him searching around with his posterior skyward for a bit, I finally told him that it wasn't there on the '14 anymore.

He'll get me back for that one day ...call me with a bogus recall or something
Hehe ...good one !
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms