Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 bmw 330xi
Angel Eyes Help

Hey guys I drive a 2005 bmw 330xi and I want to get angel eyes. I just dont want those rings where you just attach it to your current headlights, I want a whole brand new headlights with angel eyes. Any idea which ones to get? I need ones that are bright so I can see at night while driving. Thanks in Advance
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 03 330ci 3pdl 89 325i
Why? You can't see the rings unless you know they are there. Hope you have deep pockets the whole assembly witness bi xenons are $$$

Sent from my PantechP9060 using Bimmer App
Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 AM
The UltimatE46 Enthusiast

Mein Auto: 2005 330Ci ZHP
There are no angel eyes on the market that will emit enough concentrated light to adequately illuminate the road ahead. That's still reserved for your headlights. Angel eyes are solely for aesthetic purposes, not practical.

With that being said, you're still better off getting ones that can just be retrofitted into your existing headlights. Umnitza sells the brightest ones, the Orion V4s. I have their V2s and its already very bright - the V4s are two times brighter with twice the amount of individual LEDs per ring.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP M/T
the funny thing is that i bought a set of AE off of ebay for 70$, and believe me the umnitza does not come even close in brightness, i'm unable to shoot them for u guys with any cell phone cam
my friend has a pro cam he said would do me a photo shoot session of my car, will post them once done

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a man a Chef and he feeds him for a lifetime
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 AM
www.umnitza.com

Mein Auto: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by heztheone View Post
the funny thing is that i bought a set of AE off of ebay for 70$, and believe me the umnitza does not come even close in brightness, i'm unable to shoot them for u guys with any cell phone cam
my friend has a pro cam he said would do me a photo shoot session of my car, will post them once done
You couldn't be more wrong about this.
To date, 5 years and counting, we have produced the brightest angel eyes period.

The ones on eBay are the same ones we sell called the Orion Lite. They are bright for people with Camera phones in dark conditions. They are not bright during the day.

The Orion V2 are brighter than anything except the V4. None of them should be used as driving lights however.

You can do a comparison here, ours is on the right:

Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 E46 318ci
I got my headlights as a full unit from eBay. Think they set me back 200 or so. They don't give off the blue/white look for the rings but more of the OE yellow colour.... Not amazingly bright like the newer lights you get on the latest BMW but they still quite bright.

Only down side is that the rings consist of 5 led bulbs. These sometimes work themselves loose and fall out, this mean. Section of the ring is abit dull. Some point this week am planning on taking the headlights off the car and dropping a tiny blob of glue on the bulb holders and place them so they will not wriggle their way out anymore.

Other than that, am very please with them. I'll see if I have any pictures I can upload
Old 02-09-2013, 11:18 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 E46 318ci
Not the best picture at all, but you get the idea. I'll try take some more up to date pictures this weekend
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1360437527.922677.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	361528