Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Loving my d

Mein Auto: E350 & 2011 335d
Extended warranty negotiations

so I am working on a deal for a 335d and a s a part of the deal I am including the extended warranty and wheel and tire plan. The car negotiations are going as expected but the plans are not. They won't budge off their numbers 7/70 plat $3900 and ~$1400 for 5 yr wheel n tire. This is confusing me beyond comprehension. Both of these plans are high markup items, so why the hard time?

Any thoughts on their numbers or why? For my mercedes the wheel and tire protection for 5 yrs was $800. What are others getting? I saw the other threads on the ex war and I have a call in to Pacific and passport BMW. It just seems odd that they would throw away business like this.
Ads by Google
Old 02-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335
It's because they are high markup that they are sticking to their guns. You can always walk away and wait for them to call back.
I'm confused, though, since this is presumably a used (?) 335D, which I didn't think was eligible for the official BMW extended vehicle protection program since you wouldn't be the original owner. Second, why isn't the vehicle CPO'd, which is basically the same coverage as extended vehicle protection Gold, for 6/100K? There shouldn't be any negotiating if it is a CPO. Is the extended warranty you are referring to the BMW extended vehicle protection program or a third party program?

I wouldn't bother buying the wheel and tire plan. You'd more than likely be better of sticking the $1400 in the bank and if need be buy a tire from a tire shop and get their tire warranty for much less--that is, unless you trash rims a lot or shredding all four of your tires at the same time.

Last edited by imtjm; 02-02-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
You can buy BMW extended warranties from several board sponsors. Search. Someone posted just the other day about getting a good deal from a board sponsor. Tire and wheel plans are also available from various sources.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtjm View Post
It's because they are high markup that they are sticking to their guns. You can always walk away and wait for them to call back.
I'm confused, though, since this is presumably a used (?) 335D, which I didn't think was eligible for the official BMW extended vehicle protection program since you wouldn't be the original owner. Second, why isn't the vehicle CPO'd, which is basically the same coverage as extended vehicle protection Gold, for 6/100K? There shouldn't be any negotiating if it is a CPO. Is the extended warranty you are referring to the BMW extended vehicle protection program or a third party program?

I wouldn't bother buying the wheel and tire plan. You'd more than likely be better of sticking the $1400 in the bank and if need be buy a tire from a tire shop and get their tire warranty for much less--that is, unless you trash rims a lot or shredding all four of your tires at the same time.
First, it is used but not CPO'd. Their rationale here was that they wanted to be at a certain price point for the car and it is a 2011 so there is plenty of warranty on it. They would CPO it for something like $3k. Is this true, not sure, but it does sound plausible and I would rather have 7/100 platinum than 6/100 gold. You no longer need to be the original owner to get the extended vehicle protection and you can buy it from any dealership in the country (someone please correct me if I am wrong here). This is the BMW program from a BMW dealer, not a 3rd party warranty.

At the price they are offering, the wheel and tire is not even close to being worth it, so I absolutely agree on that one. The mercedes dealer dealt pretty easily on the wheel and tire and that is my only comparison point ($800 for 5 yrs full replacement and unlimited cosmetic repair 0 deductible).

Regarding the high markup... if it is a high markup then they should be more than happy to discount it because the dealer still makes a lot of money. I don't understand your logic on the sticking to their guns part. If I decide either it is too much so forget it or it is too much I'll get it from someone else then they are out all of that profit. Not to mention the fact that I am no looking at other cars as well because of this. I think I am missing something.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 PM

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You can buy BMW extended warranties from several board sponsors. Search. Someone posted just the other day about getting a good deal from a board sponsor. Tire and wheel plans are also available from various sources.
Yep. I got offered a great price but my car already had it. BOARD SPONSORS
Old 02-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I guess BMW changed it when they went to the 3-tiered Silver, Gold and Platinum level plans. Before, it was called the Original Owner Protection Plan (2OP), which seems to have changed in 2009 (?) The change to allow non-original owners within the original manufacturer's warranty period is pretty telling to me on the profitability of the program, which should be an argument against buying one.

The 2OP marketing notice to dealers listed the benefits to BMW Centers (note, rather than BMW owners):
"This program has been developed to provide several important benefits to BMW centers:
-Coverage is identical to the BMW NA Certified Pre-Owned Program.
-Vehicle enrollment/Claims Administration/Center Billing will be administered on the same DCSnet platform
as CPO.
-Provides additional after-market profit opportunities from contract sales
-Provides additional after-market profit opportunities for service from covered repairs"

So, I stand corrected on the BMW extended vehicle protection program.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeliber View Post
First, it is used but not CPO'd. Their rationale here was that they wanted to be at a certain price point for the car and it is a 2011 so there is plenty of warranty on it. They would CPO it for something like $3k. Is this true, not sure, but it does sound plausible and I would rather have 7/100 platinum than 6/100 gold. You no longer need to be the original owner to get the extended vehicle protection and you can buy it from any dealership in the country (someone please correct me if I am wrong here). This is the BMW program from a BMW dealer, not a 3rd party warranty.

At the price they are offering, the wheel and tire is not even close to being worth it, so I absolutely agree on that one. The mercedes dealer dealt pretty easily on the wheel and tire and that is my only comparison point ($800 for 5 yrs full replacement and unlimited cosmetic repair 0 deductible).

Regarding the high markup... if it is a high markup then they should be more than happy to discount it because the dealer still makes a lot of money. I don't understand your logic on the sticking to their guns part. If I decide either it is too much so forget it or it is too much I'll get it from someone else then they are out all of that profit. Not to mention the fact that I am no looking at other cars as well because of this. I think I am missing something.
I would call b.s. about not CPO'ing it and argument about price point. I'd be suspicious as to why they wouldn't CPO it...seems to me that there getting it up to CPO standards would mean more than what they could charge for the CPO certification. At least in my conspiracy theory thinking. I wouldn't pay to have the CPO it, at least not more than what it would cost you to buy the Gold level. Although, under CPOing the dealership would have to replace things like tires etc in order to get it within CPO specs, which isn't true if you bought the extended protection program. It seems they are wanting to charge you more to CPO it than what you could buy the Gold level for. Again, makes me think the salesman is just trying to squeeze as much cash out of you as possible.

There's like 37% profit margin (depending on which model) between them CPOing it and you buying the extended service program, so of course they are going to try and get the extra 37% from you.

I would negotiate the car CPOd, but not pay extra to have it CPO. Don't fall in love with the car. it is a negotiation after all and you have to be willing to walk away if you do not get the price you want. Are you near other BMW dealerships where you could do some more shopping around?
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
I would call b.s. about not CPO'ing it and argument about price point. I'd be suspicious as to why they wouldn't CPO it...seems to me that there getting it up to CPO standards would mean more than what they could charge for the CPO certification. At least in my conspiracy theory thinking. I wouldn't pay to have the CPO it, at least not more than what it would cost you to buy the Gold level. Although, under CPOing the dealership would have to replace things like tires etc in order to get it within CPO specs, which isn't true if you bought the extended protection program. It seems they are wanting to charge you more to CPO it than what you could buy the Gold level for. Again, makes me think the salesman is just trying to squeeze as much cash out of you as possible.

There's like 37% profit margin (depending on which model) between them CPOing it and you buying the extended service program, so of course they are going to try and get the extra 37% from you.

I would negotiate the car CPOd, but not pay extra to have it CPO. Don't fall in love with the car. it is a negotiation after all and you have to be willing to walk away if you do not get the price you want. Are you near other BMW dealerships where you could do some more shopping around?
I am with you on a lot of this. But bottom line it is a business decision for me. The price of the car is below what I have seen in the market. Unfortunately this search is not as straightforward as you would think as many dealers do not list their cars in the open market and some don't even list them with BMWusa. All that to say it takes work to find the cars at each BMW dealership, you can't just go to cars.com or whatever to find them. I've looked at a ton of cars and to be clear, most of the 2011 Pre-Owned BMWs at BMW dealerships are not CPOed. Check for yourself pick a couple dealers near you and look at their 2011s and you won't find many CPOs, then look at 2010s and most will be CPOed.

I don't know the costs associated (I heard that the 6/100 part of the CPO process costs dealers somewhere around $1.5k but I have no evidence of this). Then you add in things like tires and maybe a battery but what else is there that isn't already covered? I agree that it shouldn't be $3k to CPO a car, and I'll work on that some more; however, I have a good final price with my trade (and don't get me started with the weak offers I am getting for the trade in geeeze) but I am concerned about reliability and repair costs so an extended warranty is important to me and I still don't understand why they are taking such a hard line here. I have got the same thing with 2 other cars that I am working on.

Assuming you are correct, and there is a 37% markup on the list price of extended warranty. Isn't say a profit of 15-20% of the warranty price better than 0? Or do you think that they are just waiting til the last minute before they say something like "my boss just told me that since "insert ridiculous made up story here" we will be able to give you 15% or whatever off. I am starting to think that this or something similar is the case. Is there a realistic risk that there is something with this or any pre-owned late model used BMW at a dealership will not be eligible for an extended warranty? I have the Carfaxes and one is a 1 owner clean car, and the second was traded in after less than 1 year and used for 1.5 years as a loaner. Is there a way that I can find out for sure?

I am near 6 dealerships and there are a total of 2 335ds among them. One is a 2010 and overpriced and the second has >50k miles and had its intake manifold and head replaced while also being overpriced. The 3 cars I am considering are 3-4 hrs away in a different state.

Last edited by ddeliber; 02-02-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM

I would negotiate on total car w/extended service program or CPO and trade, not individually. Pick a price you want for the bottom line price and let them fill in the numbers how they want to so long as the bottom line price is there. Realistically, though, I would buy the car and buy the extended service from one of the board sponsors who will give you a better deal than what the dealership seems to be giving you. I would do so further down the road closer to manufacturer warranty expiration, though, to see if it is even worth doing. for a 2011, it is probably an easier sell for them to not CPO since presumably there will be less miles on them than a 2010 and folks see they still have more warranty left; moreover, a 2010 at this point is costing them to stay on the lot and close to original warranty expiration so there's a point where CPO'ing is cost effective to make it more attractive to a potential buyer. But for me, that is a dealer's cost of doing business, and not one that I should have to pay for. A 2011 is still costing the dealership overhead to keep, so I would just walk away if you don't get the price I wanted for everything (car, trade + warranty), and they will more than likely call you back. You can always call the other dealerships with 335D to see what price they are willing to roughly do without you seeing the car to see if it is worth going to see. But, again, I would make the calculations for everything included and let them fill in the blanks for how much the service, car and trade in will break out at. I know that most articles on negotiating say to negotiate items separately, but I've found it much better to figure out the prices of each item, then give the dealership my over all bottom line price. I just did this with the car we bought, and the dealership finance and manager worked out the numbers to fit my bottom line price for everything (to include free all weather mats).
Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
I would negotiate on total car w/extended service program or CPO and trade, not individually. Pick a price you want for the bottom line price and let them fill in the numbers how they want to so long as the bottom line price is there. Realistically, though, I would buy the car and buy the extended service from one of the board sponsors who will give you a better deal than what the dealership seems to be giving you. I would do so further down the road closer to manufacturer warranty expiration, though, to see if it is even worth doing. for a 2011, it is probably an easier sell for them to not CPO since presumably there will be less miles on them than a 2010 and folks see they still have more warranty left; moreover, a 2010 at this point is costing them to stay on the lot and close to original warranty expiration so there's a point where CPO'ing is cost effective to make it more attractive to a potential buyer. But for me, that is a dealer's cost of doing business, and not one that I should have to pay for. A 2011 is still costing the dealership overhead to keep, so I would just walk away if you don't get the price I wanted for everything (car, trade + warranty), and they will more than likely call you back. You can always call the other dealerships with 335D to see what price they are willing to roughly do without you seeing the car to see if it is worth going to see. But, again, I would make the calculations for everything included and let them fill in the blanks for how much the service, car and trade in will break out at. I know that most articles on negotiating say to negotiate items separately, but I've found it much better to figure out the prices of each item, then give the dealership my over all bottom line price. I just did this with the car we bought, and the dealership finance and manager worked out the numbers to fit my bottom line price for everything (to include free all weather mats).
You and I think a lot alike... This is exactly what i have been doing; however, once I got to the bottom line price out the door, nothing else, they told me we can't do anything on the warranty and the wheel and tire package. I then said, so I can just take them out of the equation at the original prices and they said yes. So I have a very good price on the car not great on the trade, tax title doc etc incl, and crappy warranty prices, which lead me to start this thread.

It is now to the point that it is worth it to me to eliminate the warranty stuff and tell them I'll get them elsewhere, your prices are just too high. The concern (and I don't know how big of a concern this should be) is that I have trouble extending the warranty later because of an issue with the car. If they do it then I know it will be fine, or they'll tell me that they can't do it then I walk away.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:55 PM

carfax report says nothing about maintenance history. Not sure why you say it takes a lot of work to find cars at dealerships. Don't the BMW dealerships have their used, new and CPO'd cars on their websites. For example:

http://www.herbchambersbmwofboston.c...cetbrowse=true

http://www.bmwgallerynorwood.com/cer...cetbrowse=true

http://www.bmwofwarwick.com/detail-2...d-7794246.html

BMW website says that so long as it is within the original warranty period and miles, you can get the extended service program.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
carfax report says nothing about maintenance history. Not sure why you say it takes a lot of work to find cars at dealerships. Don't the BMW dealerships have their used, new and CPO'd cars on their websites. For example:

http://www.herbchambersbmwofboston.c...cetbrowse=true

http://www.bmwgallerynorwood.com/cer...cetbrowse=true

http://www.bmwofwarwick.com/detail-2...d-7794246.html

BMW website says that so long as it is within the original warranty period and miles, you can get the extended service program.
The work is going to each individual site for all of the dealers. Sure the "lot of work part" is relative, but scroll down to CT, NJ and NY, there are a lot of dealerships. I have done them all and narrowed the list to 3 maybe 4. I have also done southern FL, South Carolina, Southern CA and GA as I have family there if I want to fly down for a visit and a test drive

I have seen all of the ones you posted and eliminated them for various reasons. I am pretty flexible but I can't do Oyster or red interior, and I am avoiding high mileage. I was considering 2010s but since I found a couple 2011s with fewer miles for less/about the same I think that they are probably a better match. Do you have any thoughts on 2010s vs 2011s?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:25 PM

wrt 2010 v. 2011, i have no thoughts. some folks before have been talking about msport pkg avail on 2011 v. 2010. i have 2010.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
wrt 2010 v. 2011, i have no thoughts. some folks before have been talking about msport pkg avail on 2011 v. 2010. i have 2010.
Yea, I heard that, but I am not interested in the M-sport anyway, I actually prefer the 17" wheels same all around. More comfortable ride and 100% better tire life. I did hear something about bad radios in 2010s that were replaced mid model year, how does your radio sound?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 AM

i have no complaints about my radio...i got the HK upgrade. my car is a 10/09 build.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335I Coupe
No Pay Back either

We just traded my Lady's Z4. I had 12k on the clock and extended service warranty and tire and wheel warranty. Well...she is getting money back for the wheel deal, but BMW DOES NOT PAY BACK unused portion of service agreement. Keep this in mind with how long you will keep the car. By the way, she loves her new Porsche.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 335I Coupe
Oh BS.....yes they can reduce the price.

Quote:
You and I think a lot alike... This is exactly what i have been doing; however, once I got to the bottom line price out the door, nothing else, they told me we can't do anything on the warranty and the wheel and tire package. I then said, so I can just take them out of the equation at the original prices and they said yes. So I have a very good price on the car not great on the trade, tax title doc etc incl, and crappy warranty prices, which lead me to start this thread.

It is now to the point that it is worth it to me to eliminate the warranty stuff and tell them I'll get them elsewhere, your prices are just too high. The concern (and I don't know how big of a concern this should be) is that I have trouble extending the warranty later because of an issue with the car. If they do it then I know it will be fine, or they'll tell me that they can't do it then I walk away.

They have a ton of wiggle room on those prices. I got 25% off on both for my 335i.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Loving my d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoad_way_down View Post
They have a ton of wiggle room on those prices. I got 25% off on both for my 335i.
Excellent, do you mind sharing the dealer you used? Another thing, what is the list price for the wheel and tire plan? I got three totally different prices from the dealers I have been working with.
Thanks
Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Excellent, do you mind sharing the dealer you used? Another thing, what is the list price for the wheel and tire plan? I got three totally different prices from the dealers I have been working with.
Thanks
perhaps it is because BMW has 3 related wheel and tire programs:

BMW Tire & Wheel Protection
BMW Presence Protection
BMW Presence Protection Plus
Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
perhaps it is because BMW has 3 related wheel and tire programs:

BMW Tire & Wheel Protection
BMW Presence Protection
BMW Presence Protection Plus
Nothing like a little added confusion. Are there differences, or more to the point, would you be willing to share the differences among them?

As I said before, I a wheel and tire plan that covers tires, wheels, replacement wheels/tires (new, that are worth no more than the OE wheels) for repair/replacement if necessary and cosmetic refacing is worth about $800 to me. That is what I have now on my other car and I already used it for a gouge I got from a pothole.

If there are three plans it begs the question why? Unless it is a regional thing this makes for a bit of difficulty with this decision so I just want to make sure I know what I would be paying for.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Nothing like a little added confusion. Are there differences, or more to the point, would you be willing to share the differences among them? If there are three plans it begs the question why?
Why? Because there is lots of money to make off of selling them.

BMW Tire & Wheel Protection: coverage in the event of damage to your tires or wheels as a result of metal, nails, glass, debris, potholes, blowouts, etc. (excluding cosmetic damage). Choose plan covers for up to 5 years. Damaged tire(s) will be replaced, not plugged or patched. There are no maximum number of occurrences, no claim limits and no claim aggregate. Benefits are not restricted by vehicle mileage. Program benefits continue even if you replace your tires.
Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered. Transferable.

BMW Presence Protection: Coverage includes tire and wheel replacement and paintless dent repair. Coverage of all costs associated with the replacement of tires and/or wheels plus labor charges including mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and taxes. Replacement of flat tire and/or damaged wheel due to road hazards. Paintless dent repair permanently removes door dings and minor dents. Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered. No deductible.

BMW Presence Protection Plus: Included in coverage are tire and wheel replacement, paintless dent repair, plus windshield repair or replacement. Replacement of flat tire and damaged wheel due to road hazards. Paintless dent repair permanently removes door dings and minor dents. Repair or replacement of the front windshield that has been chipped or cracked by propelled rocks or road hazard debris while driving on public roads, streets and highways. Coverage of all costs associated with the replacement of tires and/or wheels plus labor charges, including mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and taxes. Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered.

So, have you narrowed down your decision yet?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Loving my d

Quote:
Why? Because there is lots of money to make off of selling them.

BMW Tire & Wheel Protection: coverage in the event of damage to your tires or wheels as a result of metal, nails, glass, debris, potholes, blowouts, etc. (excluding cosmetic damage). Choose plan covers for up to 5 years. Damaged tire(s) will be replaced, not plugged or patched. There are no maximum number of occurrences, no claim limits and no claim aggregate. Benefits are not restricted by vehicle mileage. Program benefits continue even if you replace your tires.
Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered. Transferable.

BMW Presence Protection: Coverage includes tire and wheel replacement and paintless dent repair. Coverage of all costs associated with the replacement of tires and/or wheels plus labor charges including mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and taxes. Replacement of flat tire and/or damaged wheel due to road hazards. Paintless dent repair permanently removes door dings and minor dents. Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered. No deductible.

BMW Presence Protection Plus: Included in coverage are tire and wheel replacement, paintless dent repair, plus windshield repair or replacement. Replacement of flat tire and damaged wheel due to road hazards. Paintless dent repair permanently removes door dings and minor dents. Repair or replacement of the front windshield that has been chipped or cracked by propelled rocks or road hazard debris while driving on public roads, streets and highways. Coverage of all costs associated with the replacement of tires and/or wheels plus labor charges, including mounting, balancing, valve stems, tire disposal and taxes. Up to $100 of towing expenses are covered.

So, have you narrowed down your decision yet?
Thanks. Do you know how much are they quoting the wheel and tire, and are they discounted anywhere? I just bought a 2011 335d yesterday (love it by the way) and they stuck to the $1345 for 5 yrs which IMO is not worth it.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 AM

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
Just walk away and tell them when they can meet your price you might come back and then look for another car somewhere else

car dealers know if you leave the lot the chance of selling the car goes down quite a bit

why would you buy a tire and wheel warranty any way

Hondo
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 AM
Loving my d

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondo402000 View Post
Just walk away and tell them when they can meet your price you might come back and then look for another car somewhere else

car dealers know if you leave the lot the chance of selling the car goes down quite a bit

why would you buy a tire and wheel warranty any way

Hondo
I did walk away. They called me back a few min later (car was 3 hrs from where I live) and I ended up buying the car. Didn't didn't get out of there until 30 min after they closed.

The roads up here stink and I have bent a number of wheels and bubbled many a tire over the years. I paid just over $800 for it on my e350 and if I could get it for around that price I would have bought it. They wouldn't budge so I didn't. Right now I just want to know what others are selling it for because this package can't cost them near the price they quoted me.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I did walk away. They called me back a few min later (car was 3 hrs from where I live) and I ended up buying the car. Didn't didn't get out of there until 30 min after they closed.

The roads up here stink and I have bent a number of wheels and bubbled many a tire over the years. I paid just over $800 for it on my e350 and if I could get it for around that price I would have bought it. They wouldn't budge so I didn't. Right now I just want to know what others are selling it for because this package can't cost them near the price they quoted me.
walking away seems to work every time, especially when it's a used car that has been on the lot. did you get them to CPO or decrease the extended service program, or at least a lower price over all?

Perhaps the lower cost of the MB wheel and tire plan versus BMW has to do with BMW having run flats? Plus, the language of the BMW one seems much more lenient. For example, MB replace the rim if the tire loses a seal, which to me is pretty limiting, vice BMW language which lists tire and wheel separately.