Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
N63 Canada Potential Recall

Any Canadians that have news about a possible Canadian recall please do so here.
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 PM

Mein Auto: f10 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommm View Post
Any Canadians that have news about a possible Canadian recall please do so here.
BMW Canada is starting to roll out a customer campaign - it will not be a recall.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
BMW Canada is starting to roll out a customer campaign - it will not be a recall.
Yes I was reminded by my dealer Service Manager that the US program is not a recall. As someone said on the original N63 engine recall thread, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. I have asked my SM in 2 separate emails what is the spec difference from my car & a US car of the same year & model but he has declined to answer that question even though BMW Canada HQ instructed me to ask my SM that very question. HQ was implying that this spec difference was the reason my car was not included in this recall.

If bmguy's info is correct, BMW Canada may be planning something for there Canadian customers?

Last edited by dommm; 01-21-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:49 AM

just dropped off my car to have this done. they are checking timing chain, and the injectors and replacing the battery. they told me that if anything needs to be replaced, it has to be ordered from germany...
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrance View Post
just dropped off my car to have this done. they are checking timing chain, and the injectors and replacing the battery. they told me that if anything needs to be replaced, it has to be ordered from germany...
Is the service bulletin number the same or different from the US version?
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwanes View Post
Is the service bulletin number the same or different from the US version?
not sure but I will find out later today when I pick up the car....
Old 01-22-2015, 12:18 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i M Sport
The guy who picked up the phone in the "service" department said there was a campaign on my car but that it was a one day thing to check the timing chain. I asked about injectors and the rest and he looked further. He was reading off of whatever was in their system and read "see US customer care package" so I'm assuming it's similar. He said they aren't booking appointments because there are no parts.

As an FYI, my car is out of warranty and this was attached to my VIN in their system so it appears not to only cover cars still under warranty.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:36 PM

Got the car back. they tested the timing chain and was OK. ordered fuel injectors ETA 3 weeks.
they also changed the oil - but the service interval wasnt reset - and reprogrammed my battery.

Last edited by thetrance; 01-22-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM

Mein Auto: f10 550i
Quote:
Got the car back. they tested the timing chain and was OK. ordered fuel injectors ETA 3 weeks.
they also changed the oil - but the service interval wasnt reset - and reprogrammed my battery.
So you are taking it back in three or four weeks for injectors?
Old 01-22-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
So you are taking it back in three or four weeks for injectors?
Yes, they are going to call me once the parts are in
Old 01-23-2015, 06:38 AM

Just to confirm other Canadian owners comments, I just received an email from my Dealership stating that the USA recall campaign has now been extended to Canada. The email also said that they would put me on their list & would call to set up an appointment once they have received parts. That sounds different from the US situation were they first check the car & then have to order parts.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM

Which issue is this about?

I had all 8 injectors replaced - 4 last year, and 4 last week.

BTW, I've seen a price - 2790 something (for 4 injectors). It's under warranty - so not my problem so far...
Old 01-23-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesterk View Post
Which issue is this about?

I had all 8 injectors replaced - 4 last year, and 4 last week.

BTW, I've seen a price - 2790 something (for 4 injectors). It's under warranty - so not my problem so far...
There are pages worth info concerning the issue in the link below. gl

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=817273
Old 01-23-2015, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Did they give you a loaner? Curious if they were told to provide similar or greater models.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock550 View Post
Did they give you a loaner? Curious if they were told to provide similar or greater models.
nope no loaners for me. I had to pay and get a lousy X1 rental from them
Old 01-24-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
nope no loaners for me. I had to pay and get a lousy X1 rental from them
That's disappointing but not surprising. I think it's 25 bucks a day and you get a 328 at my dealer when you go in for normal service.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 535 XDrive
This is horrible. Why would the Canadian cars be any different than US.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:10 PM

OK, so here is my latest update. My local Canadian dealer Service Manager emailed me to inform me that BMW Canada was now doing a recall (opps CCP) as I stated above, so I emailed back & asked if it would be possible to get this recall work done in south Florida where my car is at the moment & my SM said that since it is now being done on both sides of the border I should be able to get the recall work done down here. I phoned my local BMW dealer down here in south Florida & got an appointment for the work in the 3rd week of February. While making the appointment the receptionist asked that I stop by sometime before my appointment date so they could read my key to make sure it was showing in there system & was OK for the recall. I did that today & was given the green light to keep the appointment & the recall work was OK'ed. The person who read the key told me that the car might be in the shop for an extended time & I asked if a loaner car was included & he said yes. I will keep updating.
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 750I
I signed up to MyBMW and there were 2 recall codes on my car. I E mailed my SA and he said they are the N63 Customer Care package. He said that they have ordered parts which BMW will ship by the middle of February and they will start scheduling the service by the end of February.
Old 02-04-2015, 06:13 PM

Timing chain passed, 2 injectors failed testing need to replace all 8, battery failed test and was replaced with 105 Amp AGM, oil is leaking onto the heat shields below the turbos, car reprogrammed w/ new intervals. Will have to go back once campaign parts arrive but I didn't get an ETA.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:27 AM

On another note, has anyone heard anything about a pull-ahead program in Canada?
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommm View Post
OK, so here is my latest update. My local Canadian dealer Service Manager emailed me to inform me that BMW Canada was now doing a recall (opps CCP) as I stated above, so I emailed back & asked if it would be possible to get this recall work done in south Florida where my car is at the moment & my SM said that since it is now being done on both sides of the border I should be able to get the recall work done down here. I phoned my local BMW dealer down here in south Florida & got an appointment for the work in the 3rd week of February. While making the appointment the receptionist asked that I stop by sometime before my appointment date so they could read my key to make sure it was showing in there system & was OK for the recall. I did that today & was given the green light to keep the appointment & the recall work was OK'ed. The person who read the key told me that the car might be in the shop for an extended time & I asked if a loaner car was included & he said yes. I will keep updating.
WOW, this sucks. I arrive for my appointment yesterday only to be told they could not do it. They said the person that read my key (3 weeks ago) made a mistake & the info they need from my key does not show on there US system so I guess I will have to get this work done once we return home in April. I did not really want to make the long trip north with this issue hanging over my head but it is what it is.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
I spoke to my local BMW, and they are saying that they are being told that the kits and program is expected to start in March...
Old 02-19-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
I spoke to my local BMW, and they are saying that they are being told that the kits and program is expected to start in March...
I won't be going North until middle April so by then I'm hoping the mechanics doing this job at my dealership will have some experience under there belts & worked out any wrinkles in the process. That is the only good spin I can put on this mess.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock550 View Post
On another note, has anyone heard anything about a pull-ahead program in Canada?
What is a pull-ahead program?