Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 09-16-2014, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 335 Xdrive
Getting Ready to order a 535d xDrive for ED

Hi All,

Well as many things in life go, things don't work out exactly as planned.

First of all was looking at doing a dual delivery in Munich with my dad on a 328d and a 535d. Well his A4 met its maker in the past couple of days. The transmission completely failed and they wanted $9,000.00 to replace it on a car that is worth $5,000 at most. So Dad has to get a car now and so his ED is off the table. Bummer as it would have been fun for us both. Such is life.

Now my 335i has its own set of issues. The first issue is that the baby's car seat won't fit in the car and have the front seat usable. In fact the front seat is totally unusable with her car seat in the car, and now Mamma is telling me to get ready for #2. Second I am now on my second HPFP with my N55 and it seems like this one is about to go as well. Same issues that i had on the first one are now reappearing on this one. My SA is of the opinion that this will likely keep happening as we cannot find a single other reason why this is happening. I am lucky that the issues were noted while still under warranty so this is still a warranty issue, but it is putting additional pressure to see her go. I love how she drives, but the real world sometimes has to come crashing in.

So I went off to the local dealer today to test drive the 535d and make sure that the car seat would actually fit in the car and still have a usable seat. The CA said, well you can always go for the 740Ld. Turns out i don't need to go down that path. It fits in the 535 just fine. The seat is a little forward but nothing crazy like in the 335.

First of all the 535 is definitely a blast to drive, even with a slushbox. I love diesels and this is no disappointment. Definitely going to enjoy this car for years to come. (unless a 3rd shows up, at which point i think i will by a bicycle). So i was talking to the CA here in Seattle and he asked me why I haven't bought from them in the past. I explained that I had worked with a guy in IL on my ED prior because the other dealer in town wouldn't budge on the price at all for ED, and on the second one we found it in stock at that dealer and the price was right. He knew right away who I had dealt with in IL and asked what it would take to get me to buy from them instead. I was honest with him and said you would have to meet or beat the price i can get from the other guys. He said whats the number you are talking. I told them the number I had used previously of ED Invoice (on everything) +X. There response was OK, how about ED Invoice +(X- $100). Was very surprised by this offer, but it is too good to pass up and will avoid the need to drive cross country in the middle of winter to bring the car home. Avoids the rock chips.

So with the price settled (well at least the basis for the deal) here is what i am thinking of ordering.

We have three requests into BMW right now for some Individual options

535d xDrive

Color: Tanzanite Blue, LeMans Blue, Imperial Blue or Azurite Black -- Request to BMW for the first two colors

Interior -- Either Nutmeg (ZAML) or Amaro (ZAP5)(comments welcome here)

ZMM -- M-Sport
ZCW -- Cold Weather
ZDA -- Driver Assistance
ZLP -- Lighting Package
ZLS -- Seating Package (not sure on this)
ZPP -- Premium Package

416 -- Window Shades
5DL -- Side and top cameras
688 -- HK sound

We have a request into BMW for the 4 zone climate control as well.

I would love to hear any of your comments on the above. Specifically has anybody have a car with the nutmeg interior. Cannot seem to find many good photos of it at all out there.

Pickup will be likely end of Jan first part of Feb

Also is there anything here that you all think is overkill, not needed or missing?
Old 09-16-2014, 07:59 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
I have a '14 535i with Individual paint (Azurite Black) and Amaro Merino interior. The two other "blues" you mention (not Imperial) will cost significantly more because they are not current offerings on the F10. I looked at Nutmeg on the build-you-own, but never saw it in person. It looks a bit greenish on the website -- I would be careful with that choice if you don't see it first. I still don't have great pictures of my Azurite with the sun hitting it, but I do have a couple of an M5 my dealer had for a couple of days before the owner took delivery -- pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0657a_med.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	464899   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0659a_med.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	464900   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0584a_med.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	464901   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0590a_med.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	464902   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0601b_med.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	464903  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0606a_med.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	464904  

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 09-17-2014, 05:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535xi
You can save a few bucks and just get multi-contour seats instead of the seating package (which includes them plus ventilated seats). Search here for feedback on the v seats; they're not overly popular and some even say they're noisy.

Make sure you get the sport auto (I'm not sure if it's included in M-Sport for 2015 or if it's still a stand alone option, but it's a must-have).

2008 535xi 6-sp - Blk Sph, Blk Dkta,---2011 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum----2014 535xi - Jet Blk, Blk Dkta, Alum Hex
Bamboo | Prem | Cold | Sprt Pkg | Nav -Prem | Prem 2 | Cold | Sport | SAT ---- Cold | DA & DA+ | LED | M-Sprt | SAT | Multi
iPod/USB | Sat | Fld Dwn Seats --- ----Fld Dwn Seats | Side/Top Cameras -- ---HK Audio
Htd Rear Seats | PDC | 18" | Logic7 -- ---
(Good riddance!)