Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 PM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
N63 Canada Potential Recall

Any Canadians that have news about a possible Canadian recall please do so here.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 01-20-2015, 10:53 PM
CGP CGP is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 518
Mein Auto: f10 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommm View Post
Any Canadians that have news about a possible Canadian recall please do so here.
BMW Canada is starting to roll out a customer campaign - it will not be a recall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-21-2015, 05:00 AM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
BMW Canada is starting to roll out a customer campaign - it will not be a recall.
Yes I was reminded by my dealer Service Manager that the US program is not a recall. As someone said on the original N63 engine recall thread, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig. I have asked my SM in 2 separate emails what is the spec difference from my car & a US car of the same year & model but he has declined to answer that question even though BMW Canada HQ instructed me to ask my SM that very question. HQ was implying that this spec difference was the reason my car was not included in this recall.

If bmguy's info is correct, BMW Canada may be planning something for there Canadian customers?

Last edited by dommm; 01-21-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2015, 08:49 AM
thetrance thetrance is offline
Registered User
Location: AB, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
just dropped off my car to have this done. they are checking timing chain, and the injectors and replacing the battery. they told me that if anything needs to be replaced, it has to be ordered from germany...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 AM
jwanes jwanes is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 183
Mein Auto: 2009 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrance View Post
just dropped off my car to have this done. they are checking timing chain, and the injectors and replacing the battery. they told me that if anything needs to be replaced, it has to be ordered from germany...
Is the service bulletin number the same or different from the US version?
__________________
2009 750i Imperial Blue
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
thetrance thetrance is offline
Registered User
Location: AB, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwanes View Post
Is the service bulletin number the same or different from the US version?
not sure but I will find out later today when I pick up the car....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Rosmoss Rosmoss is offline
Registered User
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 74
Mein Auto: 2011 X5 50i M Sport
The guy who picked up the phone in the "service" department said there was a campaign on my car but that it was a one day thing to check the timing chain. I asked about injectors and the rest and he looked further. He was reading off of whatever was in their system and read "see US customer care package" so I'm assuming it's similar. He said they aren't booking appointments because there are no parts.

As an FYI, my car is out of warranty and this was attached to my VIN in their system so it appears not to only cover cars still under warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-22-2015, 04:36 PM
thetrance thetrance is offline
Registered User
Location: AB, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Got the car back. they tested the timing chain and was OK. ordered fuel injectors ETA 3 weeks.
they also changed the oil - but the service interval wasnt reset - and reprogrammed my battery.

Last edited by thetrance; 01-22-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-22-2015, 05:27 PM
CGP CGP is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 518
Mein Auto: f10 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrance View Post
Got the car back. they tested the timing chain and was OK. ordered fuel injectors ETA 3 weeks.
they also changed the oil - but the service interval wasnt reset - and reprogrammed my battery.
So you are taking it back in three or four weeks for injectors?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-22-2015, 05:52 PM
thetrance thetrance is offline
Registered User
Location: AB, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGP View Post
So you are taking it back in three or four weeks for injectors?
Yes, they are going to call me once the parts are in
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:38 AM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Just to confirm other Canadian owners comments, I just received an email from my Dealership stating that the USA recall campaign has now been extended to Canada. The email also said that they would put me on their list & would call to set up an appointment once they have received parts. That sounds different from the US situation were they first check the car & then have to order parts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 PM
nesterk's Avatar
nesterk nesterk is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto, Canada
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 242
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Which issue is this about?

I had all 8 injectors replaced - 4 last year, and 4 last week.

BTW, I've seen a price - 2790 something (for 4 injectors). It's under warranty - so not my problem so far...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2015, 01:09 PM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesterk View Post
Which issue is this about?

I had all 8 injectors replaced - 4 last year, and 4 last week.

BTW, I've seen a price - 2790 something (for 4 injectors). It's under warranty - so not my problem so far...
There are pages worth info concerning the issue in the link below. gl

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=817273
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2015, 06:00 PM
JoeRock550 JoeRock550 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: GTA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 221
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrance View Post
Got the car back. they tested the timing chain and was OK. ordered fuel injectors ETA 3 weeks.
they also changed the oil - but the service interval wasnt reset - and reprogrammed my battery.
Did they give you a loaner? Curious if they were told to provide similar or greater models.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-24-2015, 08:15 AM
thetrance thetrance is offline
Registered User
Location: AB, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 21
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock550 View Post
Did they give you a loaner? Curious if they were told to provide similar or greater models.
nope no loaners for me. I had to pay and get a lousy X1 rental from them
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-24-2015, 09:03 AM
JoeRock550 JoeRock550 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: GTA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 221
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetrance View Post
nope no loaners for me. I had to pay and get a lousy X1 rental from them
That's disappointing but not surprising. I think it's 25 bucks a day and you get a 328 at my dealer when you go in for normal service.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-25-2015, 07:12 PM
repcapale repcapale is offline
Registered User
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 99
Mein Auto: 2014 535 XDrive
This is horrible. Why would the Canadian cars be any different than US.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-28-2015, 05:10 PM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
OK, so here is my latest update. My local Canadian dealer Service Manager emailed me to inform me that BMW Canada was now doing a recall (opps CCP) as I stated above, so I emailed back & asked if it would be possible to get this recall work done in south Florida where my car is at the moment & my SM said that since it is now being done on both sides of the border I should be able to get the recall work done down here. I phoned my local BMW dealer down here in south Florida & got an appointment for the work in the 3rd week of February. While making the appointment the receptionist asked that I stop by sometime before my appointment date so they could read my key to make sure it was showing in there system & was OK for the recall. I did that today & was given the green light to keep the appointment & the recall work was OK'ed. The person who read the key told me that the car might be in the shop for an extended time & I asked if a loaner car was included & he said yes. I will keep updating.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-02-2015, 05:56 PM
jwanes jwanes is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 183
Mein Auto: 2009 750I
I signed up to MyBMW and there were 2 recall codes on my car. I E mailed my SA and he said they are the N63 Customer Care package. He said that they have ordered parts which BMW will ship by the middle of February and they will start scheduling the service by the end of February.
__________________
2009 750i Imperial Blue
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-04-2015, 06:13 PM
JoeRock550 JoeRock550 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: GTA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 221
Mein Auto: F10 M5
Timing chain passed, 2 injectors failed testing need to replace all 8, battery failed test and was replaced with 105 Amp AGM, oil is leaking onto the heat shields below the turbos, car reprogrammed w/ new intervals. Will have to go back once campaign parts arrive but I didn't get an ETA.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-05-2015, 07:27 AM
JoeRock550 JoeRock550 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: GTA
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 221
Mein Auto: F10 M5
On another note, has anyone heard anything about a pull-ahead program in Canada?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dommm View Post
OK, so here is my latest update. My local Canadian dealer Service Manager emailed me to inform me that BMW Canada was now doing a recall (opps CCP) as I stated above, so I emailed back & asked if it would be possible to get this recall work done in south Florida where my car is at the moment & my SM said that since it is now being done on both sides of the border I should be able to get the recall work done down here. I phoned my local BMW dealer down here in south Florida & got an appointment for the work in the 3rd week of February. While making the appointment the receptionist asked that I stop by sometime before my appointment date so they could read my key to make sure it was showing in there system & was OK for the recall. I did that today & was given the green light to keep the appointment & the recall work was OK'ed. The person who read the key told me that the car might be in the shop for an extended time & I asked if a loaner car was included & he said yes. I will keep updating.
WOW, this sucks. I arrive for my appointment yesterday only to be told they could not do it. They said the person that read my key (3 weeks ago) made a mistake & the info they need from my key does not show on there US system so I guess I will have to get this work done once we return home in April. I did not really want to make the long trip north with this issue hanging over my head but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 AM
bmguy bmguy is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Alberta
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 341
Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
I spoke to my local BMW, and they are saying that they are being told that the kits and program is expected to start in March...
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:39 AM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmguy View Post
I spoke to my local BMW, and they are saying that they are being told that the kits and program is expected to start in March...
I won't be going North until middle April so by then I'm hoping the mechanics doing this job at my dealership will have some experience under there belts & worked out any wrinkles in the process. That is the only good spin I can put on this mess.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:41 AM
dommm dommm is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Acton, Ontario, Canada
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 349
Mein Auto: 2011 550xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRock550 View Post
On another note, has anyone heard anything about a pull-ahead program in Canada?
What is a pull-ahead program?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2015 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms