Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Dinan Shockware: Performance Software for EDC Suspension

Dinan Shockware - Performance Software for EDC Suspension

Dinan has released a hot new product they've dubbed Shockware. Just like Dinan engine software increase the performance from your engine, shockware increases the performance from your EDC suspension. Read on for the details on how it works.

DINAN is proud to announce a new category in BMW tuning that will be a mainstay for years to come. With the wide spread use by BMW of the Electronic Damper Control (EDC) system throughout its most powerful models, DINAN has tuned it for ultimate performance. Match DINAN Shockware™ with DINAN Performance Suspension System for superior handling in all driving conditions.

What is BMW EDC suspension?

Since the introduction of the EDC system, DINAN has embraced the flexibility and performance that can be achieved by a suspension upgrade that leaves the EDC system in place. With the addition of DINAN Shockware™ this solution takes another large step forward by also reprogramming the damping curve of the damper itself.

The EDC system works by monitoring sensors measuring all aspects of the BMWs behavior then analyzing them and adjusting the actuators in the shock absorbers, which, with the help of magnetic valves change their characteristics in a fraction of a second. DINAN Shockware™ reprograms the software making the adjustments to respond in a way that would have recently required purchasing a new performance set of dampers, thus drastically reducing the cost of a suspension upgrade.

Current applications
  • 2011 - 2013 BMW 550i (F10)
  • 2011 - 2013 BMW 550i xDrive (F10)
  • 2011 - 2013 BMW 650i (F13)
  • 2011 - 2013 BMW 650i xDrive (F13)
Ads by Google
Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Repost

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians
Old 02-02-2013, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: Bmw 323i,Bmw M3,996Turbo
I did the upgrade on my car and I can tell the car is more rigid, helps a lot with the body roll overall I am happy with the product! Thanks Dinan
Old 02-03-2013, 08:00 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 m5
Ritzy,
Do you have the stock mechanical suspension or the Dinan suspension in addition to the software?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 550i xdrive
Do you have active roll stabilization?

2012 F10 550i M-Sport | Dark Graphite II | Hex Aluminum | Black Interior | Cold Weather | ARS | HUD | Side and Top View Cameras | BMW Apps | Premium Sound | M5 Style Spoiler | Rho-Plate | Dinan Stage 2 Tune | Dinan Suspension| Dinan Shockware | BMWPedals | 70% Crystalline Tint