Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i M-Sport
Car jumps to same song in music library every time I fire it up

Every time I get in my F30 with my iPhone, the car seems to forget what songs I've played the last time I was driving, and jumps back to a specific spot in the playlist.

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out a way to overcome this. The phone is set up to play a certain playlist on shuffle mode, but there is nothing special about the song that the car continues to start on.

Anyone else experience this?
Ads by Google
Old 02-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Vroom Vroom

Mein Auto: 328i
I have that every now and then. I think it's been talked a out before. One of the older posts might have a reason.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM

I tried searching and must not have hit the magical series of words. If anybody could point me to a thread that would be fantastic.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Playin' With Your Head

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpilot View Post
Every time I get in my F30 with my iPhone, the car seems to forget what songs I've played the last time I was driving, and jumps back to a specific spot in the playlist.

I'm apparently too dumb to figure out a way to overcome this. The phone is set up to play a certain playlist on shuffle mode, but there is nothing special about the song that the car continues to start on.

Anyone else experience this?
I finally figured out that when it did that with my iPod, it was because I had synced it in between the time I last played the iPod and hooked it up to the car.

This also happens when you have to hard shut-down the iPod.

133U | 300 | 8AT | LCSW | ZDH | ZLP | ZPP | ZTP | 494 | 4AB | 508 | 5AC | 688
Old 02-03-2013, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfh View Post
I finally figured out that when it did that with my iPod, it was because I had synced it in between the time I last played the iPod and hooked it up to the car.

This also happens when you have to hard shut-down the iPod.
Hmmm, ya I don't think that's it I haven't plugged my phone into the PC in a long time. I guess I need to do more digging.