Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2014x3 View Post
My vehicle arrived Oxnard delivery center yesterday. My CA said I can expect the delivery by 04/16.
Did you get that info from your CA? Mine was built the same day as yours and the automated line still says it is at the port waiting for a vessel!
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-12-2013, 08:44 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
Did you get that info from your CA? Mine was built the same day as yours and the automated line still says it is at the port waiting for a vessel!
Yes, I got that information from my CA. Automated system still says 'vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel'.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:58 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Thanks. My CA is still saying delivery to Oxnard on the 21st and at the dealer on the 26th, so maybe mine just missed the train!
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-13-2013, 06:18 PM

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
My car is finally on a carrier. Should not take too long to be delivered from Georgia to Indiana. I'll be picking her up on monday or tuesday. Read through a lot of forum posts over the last few weks and decided to lease instead of buying.

This will be my first BMW, and although I have the money to pay the car in cash, I figured it can drive 3-4 cars in the next 10 years and then decide on which one I like the best to keep long term. Hope I'm not making a financial mistake. I have a feeling looking at many forum members signatures that most folks here lease.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
To each their own on lease vs purchase. Just depends on how you manage your vehicles. For me, purchase made the most sense. In three years my wife is going to take the X3 so I can then order a 535 (or whatever the bigger engine 5 series will be then, just in time for the new model, what perfect timing ) Oh, and I know I am the luckiest man that my wife will take my car so I can keep getting new ones.
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
Hello Guys, I just ordered my 2014 X3 28i last Wednesday here in Boston. Its been a week since the order was submitted and the car has still not entered into production and there is no production date set yet. Does anyone here have any experience on how long is it taking the 2014's to go into production after the order is placed? I asked my dealer and he has no information on the production date yet, but he says it should be soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
I put an order in Monday and its in production already. Ordered from Tulley in Nashua. I think your dealer doesn't have an allocation available or didn't move allocations around to get your order in higher up
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM

Mein Auto: Soon x3 my 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rao112 View Post
Hello Guys, I just ordered my 2014 X3 28i last Wednesday here in Boston. Its been a week since the order was submitted and the car has still not entered into production and there is no production date set yet. Does anyone here have any experience on how long is it taking the 2014's to go into production after the order is placed? I asked my dealer and he has no information on the production date yet, but he says it should be soon.
You should have made sure your dealer had a production spot before ordering. For example I had a guarentee production slot before I bought. I ordered the last week in March and was finished with production on April 2nd.

I'd think that within 3 weeks your dealer should have a slot open, but hopefully sooner.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM

Thank you guys. I will contact the dealer and figure out whats going on.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:34 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Quote:
I am in a similar situation. My dealer put my order into the system on April 6th. I got a production number the same day my order was placed. However, I haven't got any further information concerning the production ever since. The BMW phone line says it is scheduled with no confirmed date. I asked my dealer and the salesperson said it should take a while and he did not have any further information yet. I do not know how long it will take, hopefully not too long.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haodang View Post
I am in a similar situation. My dealer put my order into the system on April 6th. I got a production number the same day my order was placed. However, I haven't got any further information concerning the production ever since. The BMW phone line says it is scheduled with no confirmed date. I asked my dealer and the salesperson said it should take a while and he did not have any further information yet. I do not know how long it will take, hopefully not too long.
Did you get a VIN? Do you know what the status code is?
Old 04-17-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Did you get a VIN? Do you know what the status code is?
No, I only have a production number. 69764**. I checked several production numbers around mine. None of them has any production date confirmed. From the Vehicle Inquiry Report I got from my dealer the same day they placed the order for me, I saw my status code was 112 - scheduled for daily.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Wow...so from Monday - my order # is 6957***

Just called and it went into production at 11:42AM today. Full VIN was provided as well to me.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfiermon View Post
Wow...so from Monday - my order # is 6957***

Just called and it went into production at 11:42AM today. Full VIN was provided as well to me.
That's very fast! I guess I was not that lucky as you are My production number is like 20k more than yours.

Just our of curiosity, do you happen to know how the production number works? I checked several and could not figure out a pattern (which are for X3's, which are for others'). But I think the production number should indicate at least the order of production for the same model, right?

Am I too crazy digging into this? Sorry for that......
Old 04-17-2013, 06:03 PM

I have NO idea how the production numbers work. I was just price shopping around and chose the dealer that I liked best. I went in on Friday morning, signed the PO and they submitted the order. I went back and asked today about changing a minor thing and learned that it was not possible because it was already being built!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Hmm... I ordered mine on April 6th and my production number is 6939***. It's already out of production and according to the 800 number, it's awaiting a shipping vessel Hopefully it'll come soon, but after reading so many posts about delivery times, I'll be glad if it makes it by the end of next week
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joalabear View Post
Hmm... I ordered mine on April 6th and my production number is 6939***. It's already out of production and according to the 800 number, it's awaiting a shipping vessel Hopefully it'll come soon, but after reading so many posts about delivery times, I'll be glad if it makes it by the end of next week
That's fast! I think your dealer had an available when you placed your order! Good timing!

I actually went to my dealer March 30th and left my deposit. But I had some financing issues and it took me a week to let them finally put the order into the system.

I looked at the system earlier this evening and tried several production numbers to see their production status. Hopefully the wait is not going to be too long.

Anyway, I think your X3 will arrive soon! Enjoy it!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:34 PM

Hi Haodang,

I don't think the production numbers are in any serial order. My production # is 6957*** and it has still not gone into production. I called my dealer this evening and he says that they have enough allocation and he is expecting it to go into production any day. I still do not know how this whole system works. Anyways, I think it wil be worth the wait!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Hi Haodang,

I don't think the production numbers are in any serial order. My production # is 6957*** and it has still not gone into production. I called my dealer this evening and he says that they have enough allocation and he is expecting it to go into production any day. I still do not know how this whole system works. Anyways, I think it wil be worth the wait!
Hi rao112, thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be soon.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 AM

Just called this morning again. Here's my summary

Ordered on 4/15
Start production 4/17
Expected completion 4/24

That's quick
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 AM

Hi Sfiermon,

Thanks for update again. Which number are you calling? I am getting all my information from the "track my BMW" site and it is still not scheduled for production.

Anyways, seems like your process is going very quick. Congratulations!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:42 AM

call 800-831-1117 with your production number.

Option 2 when you call in.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Hi Sfiermon,

Thanks for update again. Which number are you calling? I am getting all my information from the "track my BMW" site and it is still not scheduled for production.

Anyways, seems like your process is going very quick. Congratulations!
Yeah, Sfiermon got it done so quickly! Wish mine could be the same.

rao112: if I am not wrong, I believe/hope yours will start very soon (these several days), if you check in the system, the lower 6957*** are being processed. Yours should be coming as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 AM

the 800 number is MUCH more up to date than the website...
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haodang View Post
Yeah, Sfiermon got it done so quickly! Wish mine could be the same.

rao112: if I am not wrong, I believe/hope yours will start very soon (these several days), if you check in the system, the lower 6957*** are being processed. Yours should be coming as well.
Sfiermon: Thanks for the number. I just called and it says scheduled for production with no confirmed production date yet.

HAodang: I hope it is soon. My dealer says he is expecting it to flip into production anyday.