Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 28i
I just ordered by 2014 on Wednesday. Went into production this morning (4/18) with a production completion date listed as (4/25). The website still says order documented, but the phone number was updated this morning with the info on the production and date.

Pretty excited! Hopefully once it finishes production, it's a short trip up to NJ for delivery!

Edit: my production number is 6957***

Last edited by iamkevski; 04-18-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 35i
Once my build was complete (Saturday 13) the x3 took 3 days to central jersey (circle BMW, arrived Wednesday 10th) picking up today
2014 x3 35i - Bronze Metallic - Mojave Leather - Fineline Wave Trim - Cold Weather Pkg - Drivers Assistance Pkg w/ Top View Camera - Dynamic Handling Pkg - Premium Pkg - Technology Pkg - 309 Style Rims - X-Line Trim Pkg - Aluminum Roof Rails - Window Shades - Auto High Beams - Premium Sound.

2013 Ram 3500 - Laramie Limited Mega Cab w/ Cummins Diesel and Aisin Transmision
Old 04-18-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haodang View Post
Yeah, Sfiermon got it done so quickly! Wish mine could be the same.

rao112: if I am not wrong, I believe/hope yours will start very soon (these several days), if you check in the system, the lower 6957*** are being processed. Yours should be coming as well.
Hi Haodang,

I just spoke to the customer representative and he says my car has entered production (even though the automated information says it has still not). He says the automated information over phone and website are usually behind and they have the up-to-date information.

I think you should talk to someone in person too and not rely on automated information to get an actual update for your car. I hope yours has entered production.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:50 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 F25
Wonder how some of you place an order and a couple of days later itīs in production.
I ordered mine for the april production mid march and couldnīt get a production slot until this week!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
Wonder how some of you place an order and a couple of days later itīs in production.
I ordered mine for the april production mid march and couldnīt get a production slot until this week!
I think there are a number of factors. I am speaking in hypothetical possibilities here, not what the actual reason is for your specific vehicle being built when it is - for that you'd have to ask your dealer or BMW manufacturing.

BMW Manufacturing in the USA uses a "just-in-time" method for assembly of cars. They keep zero or smallest possible inventory of parts. For example, seats are pulled right off the transport truck from the seat vendor and placed directly onto the vehicle. That means the seats have to be loaded into the transport by the seat vendor in the order they will be used on the assembly line.

Many parts are shipped from Europe to the USA for the X3. The majority of the content of the X3 is European (Germany or Austria, I think)

I am sure that certain parts are used on European vehicles that are different than parts used on USA vehicles. It could be that the parts for European vehicles were coming into Spartanburg a bit laer than for USA vehicles so "export" cars were scheduled by the factory later than USA cars.

And then there is matter of the the production slots that were assigned to your dealer. Maybe your dealer did not have any early April slots becasue they didn't sell enough X-cars last year or whatever the reason is for the number of slots they get. Or they used them for other customers. Or your dealer could have traded early April Spartanburg production slots to another dealer in exchange for production slots fom the Munich plant because they had more custyomer demand for cars from Munich.

Lots of possible factors....

I am sorry you are having to wait so long.

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine

Last edited by Liverman; 04-18-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
I think there are a number of factors. I am speaking in hypothetical possibilities here, not what the actual reason is for your specific vehicle being built when it is - for that you'd have to ask your dealer or BMW manufacturing.

BMW Manufacturing in the USA uses a "just-in-time" method for assembly of cars. They keep zero or smallest possible inventory of parts. For example, seats are pulled right off the transport truck from the seat vendor and placed directly onto the vehicle. That means the seats have to be loaded into the transport by the seat vendor in the order they will be used on the assembly line.

Many parts are shipped from Europe to the USA for the X3. The majority of the content of the X3 is European (Germany or Austria, I think)

I am sure that certain parts are used on European vehicles that are different than parts used on USA vehicles. It could be that the parts for European vehicles were coming into Spartanburg a bit laer than for USA vehicles so "export" cars were scheduled by the factory later than USA cars.

And then there is matter of the the production slots that were assigned to your dealer. Maybe your dealer did not have any early April slots becasue they didn't sell enough X-cars last year or whatever the reason is for the number of slots they get. Or they used them for other customers. Or your dealer could have traded early April Spartanburg production slots to another dealer in exchange for production slots fom the Munich plant because they had more custyomer demand for cars from Munich.

Lots of possible factors....

I am sorry you are having to wait so long.
Thank you for your honest answer, and you may be right.
Worst thing is actually not the wait for production, but the ridiculous long wait from finished production to delivery at the dealer. Probably wont have it until some day in June accordng to dealer
Old 04-18-2013, 12:16 PM

Mein Auto: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rao112 View Post
Hi Haodang,

I just spoke to the customer representative and he says my car has entered production (even though the automated information says it has still not). He says the automated information over phone and website are usually behind and they have the up-to-date information.

I think you should talk to someone in person too and not rely on automated information to get an actual update for your car. I hope yours has entered production.
Thank you for your advice, rao112! You talked to a customer representative at BMW NA over the phone, not your dealer, right?
Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your advice, rao112! You talked to a customer representative at BMW NA over the phone, not your dealer, right?
yes the customer representative at BMW NA. Call the 1800 # and choose the option to talk to a representative. Give him/her your production # and they will pull the info for you.

Please let me know what happens.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaland View Post
Worst thing is actually not the wait for production, but the ridiculous long wait from finished production to delivery at the dealer. Probably wont have it until some day in June accordng to dealer
Just be thankful that BMW does not use Carnival Cruise Lines to ship cars

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 04-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
yes the customer representative at BMW NA. Call the 1800 # and choose the option to talk to a representative. Give him/her your production # and they will pull the info for you.

Please let me know what happens.
I called them last night and tonight. The representative had no clue when the car would be sent to production. I guess I can only wait.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3
Quote:
I called them last night and tonight. The representative had no clue when the car would be sent to production. I guess I can only wait.
You're a much more patient soul than I have you tried calling your CA for any info?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joalabear View Post
You're a much more patient soul than I have you tried calling your CA for any info?
Well, to be honest, I have tried all that I can think of. And I do not need that car until a month later and actually it may be easier for me to handle everything if I get it in three weeks. But hopefully it will be built by then.

I am very very new to this forum, so bear with me for this question. What does CA mean? I have seen this everywhere, but I do not know. You mean the salesperson at the dealership?
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 PM

For all you guys who have taken deliveries of their 2014's; is the APR still 3.1 % for 2014? I read somewhere that the APR from BMW financial has gone up for the 2014
Old 04-18-2013, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Well, to be honest, I have tried all that I can think of. And I do not need that car until a month later and actually it may be easier for me to handle everything if I get it in three weeks. But hopefully it will be built by then.

I am very very new to this forum, so bear with me for this question. What does CA mean? I have seen this everywhere, but I do not know. You mean the salesperson at the dealership?
Your CA is your client advisor, so yup, the salesperson who took your order at the dealership.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverman View Post
Just be thankful that BMW does not use Carnival Cruise Lines to ship cars
Not convinced they donīt. Even Carnival would get across the Atlantic in 1 1/2 month
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Quote:
For all you guys who have taken deliveries of their 2014's; is the APR still 3.1 % for 2014? I read somewhere that the APR from BMW financial has gone up for the 2014
Jon posted the April rates here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=687987

Rates are still 3.1%
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2135 View Post
Jon posted the April rates here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=687987

Rates are still 3.1%
Hi JC2135,

Thanks very much!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
I ordered on 3/27. Car went into production on 4/9 and was delivered today. Got a call from my CA that the car is here but (and there was a pause) it is TOTALLED.

Apparently the delivery truck did not tie one of his harness chains properly and it just slammed one side of the car while swaying randomly at highway speeds. The windows, side door, etc, everything is dented. They are claiming the car a total loss.

I'm at work but will post pictures tomorrow. I guess I was not destined to get an X3. Maybe I'll order a Z4, M3 or X5
Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
oh man...that sucks!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzx View Post
I ordered on 3/27. Car went into production on 4/9 and was delivered today. Got a call from my CA that the car is here but (and there was a pause) it is TOTALLED.

Apparently the delivery truck did not tie one of his harness chains properly and it just slammed one side of the car while swaying randomly at highway speeds. The windows, side door, etc, everything is dented. They are claiming the car a total loss.

I'm at work but will post pictures tomorrow. I guess I was not destined to get an X3. Maybe I'll order a Z4, M3 or X5
that's some luck right there... I'm so sorry to hear that. but maybe you should go out and buy a lottery ticket, cause that's not something that happens everyday.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Oh, , that sucks! I am so sorry to hear that! But I think your dealer can have another one built for you as soon as they can.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:38 PM

My CA reported that he would be reordering the X3. I asked him to hold it off. I'm gonna go to the dealership tomorrow and test drive some other vehicles. I don't think I'll go for an SUV again. I'm 29, married, no kids and don't plan to have any for 3-4 years. I think I need a more fun car

While I'm at it, I may ask for a loaner vehicle till the next car arrives
Old 04-19-2013, 10:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Quote:
My CA reported that he would be reordering the X3. I asked him to hold it off. I'm gonna go to the dealership tomorrow and test drive some other vehicles. I don't think I'll go for an SUV again. I'm 29, married, no kids and don't plan to have any for 3-4 years. I think I need a more fun car

While I'm at it, I may ask for a loaner vehicle till the next car arrives

Why are you so fickle? Not go for a SUV again, you didn't even get to drive this one. You wanted this car enough to order one, what happened was horrible, but why would that make you not want one?

Why do you need a loaner? Since you didn't trade your car in yet can't you just keep driving that?
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 911 C2S
Following this board finally sold me on the 2014 X3! I pulled the trigger and just ordered my daughters graduation present this afternoon. X3 28i White/sand beige, pretty loaded. I guess CA should have production next week so I can follow status.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:15 PM

I picked the x3 for its utility value, larger cargo space and better driving dynamics compared to x5.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the x3. I'm just thinking out aloud that if I had another go at choosing a BMW what other car would I love to try

As far as the loaner is concerned, I figured its worth asking for. I was planning to sell my existing car this week once I got my BMW (still have a buyer lined up, who may not wait too long)