Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 AM

Mein Auto: X3
German X3 20i

I notice their version has the Nav Pro.

MIT DER GANZEN WELT.
Kommunikation im BMW X3.
Immer informiert im BMW X3: Sei es im Austausch mit Geschäftspartnern, Freunden und der Familie oder indem Ihr Fahrzeug Sie auf dem Laufenden hält. Alle wesentlichen Informationen werden nicht nur übersichtlich auf der Instrumententafel angezeigt, sondern auch auf die Frontscheibe projiziert. Damit Sie sich dem widmen können, worum es geht: voranzukommen.
Neue Generation Navigationssystem Professional
BMW Head-Up Display
Bluetooth Office
Internetbasierte Dienste
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Real Time Traffic Information
Apps für BMW
Speed Limit Info
Spurverlassenswarnung
Navigationspaket ConnectedDrive
Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
Can you share any such official BMW announcement?
The roll out schedule was officially announced in July 2012

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716908

So until they announce that this is not true why should we think otherwise?
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 03-28-2013, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
This back and forth as gotten outta hand. LoL.. I made the decision to just order the MY2014, and cross the fingers to see what comes in.

I'm pretty confident the first person on here will report back once they take delivery in the next couple of weeks.

Whos gonna be the fist guinea pig ?

Whats the website to put in your production number to track your build ?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 AM

Mein Auto: Soon x3 my 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkis View Post
This back and forth as gotten outta hand. LoL.. I made the decision to just order the MY2014, and cross the fingers to see what comes in.

I'm pretty confident the first person on here will report back once they take delivery in the next couple of weeks.

Whos gonna be the fist guinea pig ?

Whats the website to put in your production number to track your build ?
Anyone doing the performance pick up will know by end of next week. In Chicago and I expect to have mine by last week of April.

Bmwusa. My car. Ente vehicle (on left side menu). Chances are it won't work but it might.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPNBMW View Post
Anyone doing the performance pick up will know by end of next week. In Chicago and I expect to have mine by last week of April.

Bmwusa. My car. Ente vehicle (on left side menu). Chances are it won't work but it might.
Its not working. I got an email from BMW and they dont have an ETA when it will be fixed,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your upcoming X3.

Our web team is aware the My BMW feature is currently not functioning properly, and they are working diligently to resolve the issue. At this time we have no estimated timeline for resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience.

The BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Time. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Sincerely,

Customer Relations and Services Representative"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
This is ridiculous. The myBMW website is down for three days now. I just hope it's not hacked into.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 128i
Ordered my 2014 x28i today

300 Alpine Weiss
LUCX Oyster Nevada
4CH Fineline Wave Wood
3AT Roof rails in Satin Aluminum
416 Rear manual side window shades
677 Premium hi-fi system
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZDA Driver Assistance Package
3HA Rear View Camera with Top View
ZDB Driver Assistance Plus
ZLP Lighting Package
ZPP Premium Package
ZTP Technology Package

Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
I wrote my letter of concern to the customer relations department on Tuesday. Today I recieved a call about my concerns from the Customer Relations MANAGER.

I am more frustrated now that I was before. Her advice was for me to ask the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did not know the information and kept telling me the dealership was the best place to recieve information about the car. I informed her that the dealerships are not recieving the information either.

She said the second option was to check the BMW website. I told her it still had the 2013 MY on it and you cant even purchase that car anymore. Her response was that it does take awhile sometimes to update the website.

I told her it was redicilous that BMW is taking orders for cars and have them in production but can not tell its customer what is being put on them. She just kept telling me she understood my concern and would pass it along for internal review.

So it looks like the only way we are going to find out is for one of us to recieve our X3.

Ludicrious
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM

Nthe 2014 X3 (and what does the vehicle look like)

My sales rep honestly doesn't know and could not find out. My X3 is in production now and I have the 150 code and VIN but can't access MYBMW. But he says it's possible for BMW to do mid-model-year changes and other brands like Lexus do them too. Personally I don't know what the new features do and advantages but I am okay with what I get in mid-April. A higher-resolution display would be nice if I don't get it. Too bad that these new hardware features could not be field replaceable upgrades.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
I wrote my letter of concern to the customer relations department on Tuesday. Today I recieved a call about my concerns from the Customer Relations MANAGER.

I am more frustrated now that I was before. Her advice was for me to ask the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did not know the information and kept telling me the dealership was the best place to recieve information about the car. I informed her that the dealerships are not recieving the information either.

She said the second option was to check the BMW website. I told her it still had the 2013 MY on it and you cant even purchase that car anymore. Her response was that it does take awhile sometimes to update the website.

I told her it was redicilous that BMW is taking orders for cars and have them in production but can not tell its customer what is being put on them. She just kept telling me she understood my concern and would pass it along for internal review.

So it looks like the only way we are going to find out is for one of us to recieve our X3.

Ludicrious
Nice work bsavage. It really is hard to believe this is the response you are receiving from what is suppose to be a 1st class automotive company.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:04 PM

got an update from my CA. 2014 x3 delivery date cannot be confirmed now as it had a hold on monroney/epa and its a govt approval needed for new models or new MY. Until that happens even if vehicle production is completed, it will not be released to performance center or bmw retail center. Per the vehicle inquiry status, the est. Prod. Date moved from 4/4 to 4/3.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Bimmer App
2014 X3 28i[/B] - Alpine White with Black Nevada Leather - Fineline Wave wood - Premium - M Sport - Lighting - Dynamic Handling - Driver Assistance with Top View - Navigation - High gloss Roof rails - Shadowline
Old 03-29-2013, 02:07 PM

I will post the email content when get home late in the evening. CA gave me a printed copy of the email from bmw.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
I confirmed with my dealer that my 2014 X3 35i will have the upgraded navigation pro version. I checked it out on a 7 series sedan and loved it.

I ordered on 3/27 and acc to my dealer, it will probably go into production sometime around Apr 5-7
Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM

Mein Auto: '14 X3 35i / '03 F350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5dm3 View Post
got an update from my CA. 2014 x3 delivery date cannot be confirmed now as it had a hold on monroney/epa and its a govt approval needed for new models or new MY. Until that happens even if vehicle production is completed, it will not be released to performance center or bmw retail center. Per the vehicle inquiry status, the est. Prod. Date moved from 4/4 to 4/3.

This happens every new model year. May delay the delivery of the first batch of cars by about 2 weeks. Could be less since nothing mechanical or structural is changing between MY13 and MY14 on the X3

Our BMW: '14 X3 35i, Deep Sea Blue, Black Nevada Leather, Fineline Wave Wood, Satin Aluminum Roof Rails, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Navigation System, Driver Assistance Pkg with ALL them cameras, Premium Sound
Our truck: '03 Ford F350, 7.3L turbo-diesel, 4WD, Lariat package, Lear topper, cow catcher, Blue over Grey (Go Rice!)

"Old Faithful's just a fountain compared to the glory of true love" -- John Prine
Old 03-29-2013, 06:02 PM

My xDr35i was supposed to start it's production on April 4 but it was moved up because the 800 number says it will be completed on April 1. I'll try to get/see the video. The dealer says most likely it will be delivered the second week in April.

14XE X3 xDr35i
A52 Space Gray Metallic
ZCW Cold Weather Package
ZPP Premium Package
3AT Roof Rails in Satin Aluminum
4CH Fineline Wave Wood Trim
609 Navigation System
Old 03-30-2013, 06:31 AM

Mein Auto: X3'12-530i'01
I spoke with my salesperson yesterday and she said the production was delayed. However, I called the 1-800 # and the automated system relayed that my X3 would be complete April 3 (a day earlier as someone else posted). Confusing.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:16 AM

I just called again. The completion date went from April 1 to April 3. Interesting.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:30 AM

Mein Auto: X3 M-sport
Unhappy HUD in 2014 X3

I liked the HUD and Nav pro version in a 2013 7 series and after confirming with my dealer, that the 2014 X3 production will have the nav pro version, I ordered the tech package for my 2014 X3.

I later read that not all HUD units are created equal. Some models display more info and some display less.

My question to the community is what should I expect to be displayed on the HUD?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: X3 35i
What's the 800 number ? Is it automated line to check the status of our builds ?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:54 AM

Mein Auto: Soon x3 my 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vzx View Post
I liked the HUD and Nav pro version in a 2013 7 series and after confirming with my dealer, that the 2014 X3 production will have the nav pro version, I ordered the tech package for my 2014 X3.

I later read that not all HUD units are created equal. Some models display more info and some display less.

My question to the community is what should I expect to be displayed on the HUD?
No one knows for sure. We are all waiting to find out.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzx View Post
I wonder what information your dealer has access to that confirms Nav Pro is coming. If there was anything like this, all dealers would know about it and possibly use it as a sales pitch for the new models. At this time there is no surety and it's all conjecture since there has been absolutely no news from BMWNA about the Nav Pro in X3.

My 2014 has a completion date of Apr 2. We will all find out shortly.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:44 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbagh View Post
I wonder what information your dealer has access to that confirms Nav Pro is coming. If there was anything like this, all dealers would know about it and possibly use it as a sales pitch for the new models. At this time there is no surety and it's all conjecture since there has been absolutely no news from BMWNA about the Nav Pro in X3.

My 2014 has a completion date of Apr 2. We will all find out shortly.
As stated before there has been an offical announcement that it will get the Nav Pro but there has NOT been an announcement that it will be delayed.

Of course I haven't seen an announcement that early deliveries are delayed and some dealers are stating that (not mine yet).

Once again it just shows that this MY launch is a bit fubar!
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 128i
It seems as though you either believe the rollout schedule that BMW released, as well as the email traffic that has been relayed to you guys that has come from BMW.... or, we can believe a couple of CA's that are probably like most CA's I've met and not read up on BMW tech.

My broker wasn't aware of the upgrade until I asked him to contact BMW. The email response he got stated that as of the beginning of MY 2014 X3 production for 1APR13, the models would come with NBT pro nav.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:44 PM

What a hoot. My sales rep said his inventory pipeline was showing for my vehicle April 14. My order was initially one for the dealership which was changed for my order.

Re the 800 number I found this link.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=13666059
Old 03-30-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
As stated before there has been an offical announcement that it will get the Nav Pro but there has NOT been an announcement that it will be delayed.

Once again it just shows that this MY launch is a bit fubar!
That announcement is old and has not been true on multiple accounts so far. For example the 3 series(except hybrids) still does not have the Nav Pro which it was supposed to carry last year onwards. Companies like to announce new things and not so much the delays in those new things.
So lets not base things off this old announcement.