Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 / F34 / F36 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation BMW 3 Series Sedan F30/F31/F34 and the first first generation 4 Series Coupe F32/F33/F36. Get the latest 3 and 4 series pricing from our ordering and pricing guide sticky thread.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: RAV4
328i lease up - what next?

Hi all,

First BMW 2012 328i lease is up next month and having a hard time deciding what to get next.

This is wife's car, which i convinced her to get and she loves it, so do I, however over these years what we have found is that the seats are really hard and uncomfortable, the interior should be more luxuirious fro how much BMW charges. We feel that there are better value cars out there where you could get more for the money, but nothing drives like a BMW.

Initially though of getting the 528i, but everyone says to get the 535i, but we don't want to spend so much, then again there are more discounts on the luxury mid-sized sedans apparently.

The MB forum, the c300 people are getting 15% or more discounts, which is pretty attractive, I don't know about BMW giving any such discounts either on the 3 series or the 5 series are they?
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2015, 07:17 AM
it has arrived!

Mein Auto: 2013 bmw 328i xdrive seda
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi all,

First BMW 2012 328i lease is up next month and having a hard time deciding what to get next.

This is wife's car, which i convinced her to get and she loves it, so do I, however over these years what we have found is that the seats are really hard and uncomfortable, the interior should be more luxuirious fro how much BMW charges. We feel that there are better value cars out there where you could get more for the money, but nothing drives like a BMW.

Initially though of getting the 528i, but everyone says to get the 535i, but we don't want to spend so much, then again there are more discounts on the luxury mid-sized sedans apparently.

The MB forum, the c300 people are getting 15% or more discounts, which is pretty attractive, I don't know about BMW giving any such discounts either on the 3 series or the 5 series are they?
MB is very aggressive. The interior looks amazing. The pictures of the inside make them look a lot nicer than the inside of the bmw. I probably should have given theC300,or 350 a test ride. After going to the UDE event I bought a new 328i xDrive 4 days later. I am guessing I am a creature of habit. I do not regret it. It just rides so dam well, it even sounds much better now. I think they added some sort of active sound enhancement.
Anyways....once I got on the road I was thrilled with my BMW. If you are getting one register ASAP for the UDE event. You get to drive their cars at an"autocross event". They will then give you $1,000 towards your purchase via coupon code. That is good for 6 months. Even if you cant get to one register. I did and they sent me the email with the code. I actually registered for 2 and only made one, but they sent me 2 codes. One for each event. https://ude.bmwusa.com/

Last edited by Mykatie; 04-19-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 AM

Mein Auto: '14 F31 328d SportLine
If you don't like the 328 you drive now. Why ask a bunch of people driving the same car? Do you have the sport seats or the regular seats? I personally can't stand the regular seats. My wife can't stand the sport seats. So I have the sport ones in mine and she has the regular ones in hers.

I don't get the obsession with people saying the interior is not luxurious enough. The Mercedes cars are try way to hard to exude welth. I try to look at them every time and every time I just want to take a shower after visiting a dealer to wash the smug off. There is a reason the Mercedes star is called the unsocial cross hair in Germany. Yuck! The same thing sadly happened when I went to a Ferrari dealer a few years back. The attitude of the people there made me leave more than anything else. I grew up dreaming of owning one. An hour at Ferrari dealer cured me of that affliction.

The ergonomics of BMW are some of the best out there. I haven't driven a car which felt more like the interior was designed for the driver to drive the car.

There are two reasons to buy a BMW in my book, the way it drives and because of the engine. Doesn't matter if it is an I6 or a 4 banger diesel or the new 3 cylinder. People love to complain about how horrible the f30 drives and how BMW has lost it's way and

And yet they still buy the BMW because in the end they know that there really isn't any other car that hits those check boxes just as well.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:39 AM
it has arrived!

I am glad I tried the UDE. They were sport seats. They are to narrow for my upper back. I felt squeezed in. I know the purpose, but I have no need for them.The leather this year feels noticeably softer than same Dakota black as 2013. I picked up my care yesterday. I spent a good portion of the day in it. Felt very comfortable to me. Keep in mind I have lower back issues. I drive my wife's Honda and THAT is uncomfortable. But different asses find comfort in different seats.

Last edited by Mykatie; 04-20-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:19 AM

Mein Auto: 428GC M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykatie View Post
I am glad I tried the UDE. They were sport seats. They are to narrow for my upper back. I felt squeezed in. I know the purpose, but I have no need for them.The leather this year feels noticeably softer than same Dakota black as 2013. I picked up my care yesterday. I spent a good portion of the day in it. Felt very comfortable to me. Keep in mind I have lower back issues. I drive my wives Honda and THAT is uncomfortable. But different asses find comfort in different seats.

I agree on the Dakota leather. In my 2015 it feels much softer and less plasticky than in my 2012.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Quote:
MB is very aggressive. The interior looks amazing. The pictures of the inside make them look a lot nicer than the inside of the bmw.
A lot of people seem to think that about the C class, but not me. I don't like how that display unit sticks out like a sore thumb. I also don't like how the gear shifter in the C class is on the steering column.

In terms of the E class, I think that's even worse. The interior of the E class looks aged and out of date.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:05 AM
it has arrived!

I never like the gaudy looking emblem the MB has in front.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 AM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
A lot of people seem to think that about the C class, but not me. I don't like how that display unit sticks out like a sore thumb. I also don't like how the gear shifter in the C class is on the steering column.

In terms of the E class, I think that's even worse. The interior of the E class looks aged and out of date.
I love the new look for 2015.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: F30 335i mSport
the fake leather on the dash of the class would drive me crazy.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
Hi all,

BMWs are not value proposition cars. They never have been and never will be. You said it yourself, "nothing drives like a BMW." Are you more interested in how the car drives or how the car looks? If fancy looks and doo-dads are more important to you than driving dynamics then get the prettiest thing you can find with the most stuff on it for the money. Check out the Hyundai Azera.

BMW interiors are Teutonic and business oriented, that being the business of driving. They always have been and that's not going to change. BMW is going to give you a handsome business suit, not a frilly prom dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman4358 View Post
If you don't like the 328 you drive now. Why ask a bunch of people driving the same car? Do you have the sport seats or the regular seats? I personally can't stand the regular seats. My wife can't stand the sport seats. So I have the sport ones in mine and she has the regular ones in hers.

I don't get the obsession with people saying the interior is not luxurious enough. The Mercedes cars are try way to hard to exude welth. I try to look at them every time and every time I just want to take a shower after visiting a dealer to wash the smug off. There is a reason the Mercedes star is called the unsocial cross hair in Germany. Yuck! The same thing sadly happened when I went to a Ferrari dealer a few years back. The attitude of the people there made me leave more than anything else. I grew up dreaming of owning one. An hour at Ferrari dealer cured me of that affliction.

The ergonomics of BMW are some of the best out there. I haven't driven a car which felt more like the interior was designed for the driver to drive the car.

There are two reasons to buy a BMW in my book, the way it drives and because of the engine. Doesn't matter if it is an I6 or a 4 banger diesel or the new 3 cylinder. People love to complain about how horrible the f30 drives and how BMW has lost it's way and

And yet they still buy the BMW because in the end they know that there really isn't any other car that hits those check boxes just as well.
+1,000,000!!!!!

Quote:
I love the new look for 2015
That's so sad. The right lighting and angle can make anything look fabulous. Have you actually been in one? The reality doesn't hold up to the photography.

New BMW models always look horrid in photos and everyone bitches and moans about how BMW has ruined the car and then in the metal they look amazing, because BMW seems to specialize in design elements that cannot be captured adequately in a photograph.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-19-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:03 AM
it has arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
BMWs are not value proposition cars. They never have been and never will be. You said it yourself, "nothing drives like a BMW." Are you more interested in how the car drives or how the car looks? If fancy looks and doo-dads are more important to you than driving dynamics then get the prettiest thing you can find with the most stuff on it for the money. Check out the Hyundai Azera.

BMW interiors are Teutonic and business oriented, that being the business of driving. They always have been and that's not going to change. BMW is going to give you a handsome business suit, not a frilly prom dress.

+1,000,000!!!!!

That's so sad. The right lighting and angle can make anything look fabulous. Have you actually been in one? The reality doesn't hold up to the photography.

New BMW models always look horrid in photos and everyone bitches and moans about how BMW has ruined the car and then in the metal they look amazing, because BMW seems to specialize in design elements that cannot be captured adequately in a photograph.
I have to admit I haven't seen the inside of the MB other than pictures. I probably don't LOVE it, but it looks great in the photo. I did not even bother.When it came time to act I knew what I wanted. I love my BMW, but I don't understand why one would say it's too bad if I did love the look of the MB?
Old 04-19-2015, 11:47 AM

i agree in photos it looks good and some things are really nice inside, but at the end of the day, how the car drives is most important to me, thats my number 1 priority. I have owned BMW's the past 10 years. in the sub 50k price range, i have yet to find a better car that can deliver the driving dynamics and refinement that bmw offers.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
As much as I have a thing for BMW I wouldn't have twice the same car platform. I suggest an Audi A6 or a heavily discounted CTS.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
As much as I have a thing for BMW I wouldn't have twice the same car platform. I suggest an Audi A6 or a heavily discounted CTS.
who wants to compromise with either of those two?
Old 04-19-2015, 02:54 PM
it has arrived!

LOL...the more I look at that picture the less I like it. It's too over done. Yea I know I went from love to eh.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
I go for the new c63
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i
2013 VW Golf R - Rising Metallic Blue
Old 04-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Mein Auto: 320i ZSP+ZMT+BMS Stage 1
The timing doesn't work in your favor. The F30 is nice, but the whole point of leasing is that you get to experience a different car every 3 years. Maybe if you could wait until the LCI model (late summer), enough will change that it feels like a different car. But consecutive pre-LCI F30s, when you didn't particularly love the first one seems like a poor choice.

Despite whatever BMW's marketing arm attempts to convey, the 3/4 series are not "luxury" cars. A $30k Kia is definitively more "luxurious" than even a $60k 4-series. The Kia will have ventilated seats, high-quality Nappa leather, and pillowy ride; you can't get any of these things in an F3x.

For what it sounds like you want, consider these vehicles:
Merc C/E
Lexus ES/GS
Audi A6
Caddy CTS
Hyundai Genesis
Acura TLX/RLX
Chrysler 300
...all will be more comfortable/luxurious than the F3x, and some can even be cheaper to lease.

Last edited by the_phew; 04-20-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 AM
it has arrived!

In my case the point of leasing a car is to get me in a $50,000 car under $500 a month.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM
Save the manuals!

Quote:
In my case the point of leasing a car is to get me in a $50,000 car under $500 a month.
Noted, but keep in that that with the F3x, a big chunk of that $500/month is paying for stuff you may not value; stiff chassis/suspension, RWD architecture, etc. That same $500/month buys you gobs of luxury/comfort in a vehicle like the Lexus ES (not advocating you lease an ES, just making a point).
Old 04-20-2015, 11:44 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phew View Post
Noted, but keep in that that with the F3x, a big chunk of that $500/month is paying for stuff you may not value; stiff chassis/suspension, RWD architecture, etc. That same $500/month buys you gobs of luxury/comfort in a vehicle like the Lexus ES (not advocating you lease an ES, just making a point).
One would hope those leasing/owning a BMW chose to spend their money because they do value the characteristics BMW offers.

Present - '06 E90 330i sport; Past - '04 E46 ZHP, '00 E46 328i
www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-20-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:02 PM
Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
One would hope those leasing/owning a BMW chose to spend their money because they do value the characteristics BMW offers.
The OP is ambiguous about whether they value these "BMW characteristics". It sounds like they want BMW driving dynamics but in a more luxurious package for no more than the price of a 328i. The closest to being able to have their cake and eat it too would probably be a CPO M-Sport 535i, or maybe a CTS.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:17 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
That's awfully busy looking. To me, it looks pretentious and is hard on the eyes.

Quote:
I love the new look for 2015.

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT

Last edited by Robert A; 04-20-2015 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:48 PM

at least the mount the accelerator from the floor. have to give them credit for that.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Abuser of everything

Mein Auto: BMW E90 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
That's awfully busy looking. To me, it's pretentious and hard on the eyes.
X2. Trying too hard.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:01 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
Where else would they mount it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
at least the mount the accelerator from the floor. have to give them credit for that.

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT