Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 13 335i 02RSX5MT 06ML350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoomer View Post
AWD was the driving factor in this purchase. Finding a car that had equal parts sport and luxury was another big consideration. Audi has made their mark with Quattro AWD and have very well appointed interiors. The S4 specifically? It pulls like nothing I've ever driven and has an exhaust note that had me grinning from ear to ear every time I put my foot in it. It's really amazing how quickly the power comes on when you tell that car to go. I can only imagine what an S6 is like. The steering and road feel is confidence inspiring. The car feels like you could throw it anything and it would stick. I also like the exterior aesthetic. It has a sharper, utilitarian look to it but with the LED and Xenon lighting and available color palette Audi has put together some very good looking cars of late.

Why did we end up with BMW? She initially was very much in the Lexus bag. Only the GS interests me and she wanted something smaller to save gas. I'm not buying a Lexus IS. I'm 6'2" and that's not a big car by any means. I don't want a Mercedes because the ones that do appeal to me I can't afford and you can't throw a rock around here without hitting a C or E. So, her nieces husband has a BMW and she likes the interior...lets go have a look. As much as I like the Audi's interior, the BMW is much, much nicer inside. Napa leather in both but the BMW's has a different feel to it it. Very soft and supple. Heated seats front and back, and more adjustments on the front seat. Heated steering wheel too. A HUD that I thought was going to be gimmicky but is rather functional. Power folding mirrors. It's simply nicer inside than the Audi. Luxurious? Check. Not as quick, definitely going to miss the Audi exhaust, but it can hold its own. Not digging the exterior as much as Audi though. The BMW is a very good looking car but it's busier. There are more lines and contours, particularly up front and on the hood.

In the end my opinion doesn't matter. It's her car so she should have what she wants. I've always driven trucks and have never owned a car, but I've always wanted a Corvette and when I told the wife she backed it. In a couple years when I see what the Stingray is like and if I decide to buy one you better believe it's going to be me calling the shots on it. This time it was her turn. I think that sums it up.

Mike
Good info, thanks, and good luck on your future Corvette!
I only test drove the 335i and wanted to know what others test drove and how it went.
My 1st BMW-bought fr inbound inventory: Munich 2013 F30 335i, RWD, Alpine White, Black Leather, M-Sport Line/Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Prem Pkg, Tech Pkg, 403M (Potenza S001 RFT 225/40, 255/35 R19), Sport auto w/paddle shifters, Heated front seats, Harman Kardon, Aluminum Hex Trim matte EB accent, Anthracite headliner
Std: Xenon Adaptive Headlights/Sunroof/Alarm
Mods: Tint/DIY lower intake grill guard/ASS recoded
22K mi Jul14
Hergestellt in Deutschland
Old 02-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpgray View Post
The summer tires add the high speed limiter (y rated tires) and the wider rear rims.
Is that true? I thought adding 19 inch wheels got you a staggered setup. Does just choosing summer tires in 18's get you staggered as well?

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 AM

Mein Auto: M-Sport 335i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLC View Post
Is that true? I thought adding 19 inch wheels got you a staggered setup. Does just choosing summer tires in 18's get you staggered as well?
Looking at the order guide it appears that all of the 19's come staggered, as do the 400M 18's. There are a few other 18's that show ZPT as an option but only show one size so I believe it's entirely dependent on which wheel you order.

Mike
Old 02-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
Quote:
Looking at the order guide it appears that all of the 19's come staggered, as do the 400M 18's. There are a few other 18's that show ZPT as an option but only show one size so I believe it's entirely dependent on which wheel you order.

Mike
For sport line there is only two options if I recall correctly. One 18 and one 19.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 02-06-2013, 06:51 PM

My wife and I have been married for 23 year, in March, and I learned long ago that my wife is smarter than me. She thinks things through more carefully, logically than I do where I'm more likely to follow my instincts or even a whim. She has more common sense than I do. I've know these facts for many years. And then she reverts to being a woman.

Today I get a breathless voicemail from my wife. She needs me to call her right away. When I do I find out that she no longer wants a BMW. Turns out she was talking about the new car with someone at work and they know someone who owns one or just bought one. Then she finds out that somone at our temple has one. It's beginning to look like everyone we know has a BMW. Can't have that...I guess it's like showing up at a wedding and somebody else is wearing the same dress, and you're the bride. Can I go to the dealer and cancel our order? Do you think they'll let us out of our order? I want that Audi we were looking at because we don't know anybody that owns one. Please go, cancel the order, and get our deposit back. Good grief. Since she decided on the 335 I've been car geeking big time, checking out forums, reading the manual, learning all the controls, watching videos. I've warmed up to the car quite a bit. I was happy she was happy and I liked what I what I learned about the car. Looks like this thing is going to be a lot of fun.

Well, off to BMW and feel like an ass as I cancel our order. "Oh look Mr. Coomer. They wanted to build it in a couple days. Is a check OK. Don't worry about it...people cancel orders all the time." Feel like even more of an ass as I'm walking out of the showroom. Call the wife and make damn sure that she really wants to cancel the order before I go buy another car. Yeah, she's sure.

Off to Audi, order the Monsoon Grey S4 that I wanted, add the B & O stereo to the previous build we wanted, and place the order. Salesman takes a look and can't find one at other dealers. We'll have to order it, and this car is going to take approximately 12 weeks to be delivered. Son of a...that's three weeks longer than the BMW! Do some paperwork, set the price, and he starts doing some more stuff in the computer. What do you know? There's one on the way to the US already. It will be in Houston Feb 26th and can be in Seattle first week of March. Done!

Do I have to give back the coffee cup and ball cap?

Mike
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 545iA
Quote:
My wife and I have been married for 23 year, in March, and I learned long ago that my wife is smarter than me. She thinks things through more carefully, logically than I do where I'm more likely to follow my instincts or even a whim. She has more common sense than I do. I've know these facts for many years. And then she reverts to being a woman.

Today I get a breathless voicemail from my wife. She needs me to call her right away. When I do I find out that she no longer wants a BMW. Turns out she was talking about the new car with someone at work and they know someone who owns one or just bought one. Then she finds out that somone at our temple has one. It's beginning to look like everyone we know has a BMW. Can't have that...I guess it's like showing up at a wedding and somebody else is wearing the same dress, and you're the bride. Can I go to the dealer and cancel our order? Do you think they'll let us out of our order? I want that Audi we were looking at because we don't know anybody that owns one. Please go, cancel the order, and get our deposit back. Good grief. Since she decided on the 335 I've been car geeking big time, checking out forums, reading the manual, learning all the controls, watching videos. I've warmed up to the car quite a bit. I was happy she was happy and I liked what I what I learned about the car. Looks like this thing is going to be a lot of fun.

Well, off to BMW and feel like an ass as I cancel our order. "Oh look Mr. Coomer. They wanted to build it in a couple days. Is a check OK. Don't worry about it...people cancel orders all the time." Feel like even more of an ass as I'm walking out of the showroom. Call the wife and make damn sure that she really wants to cancel the order before I go buy another car. Yeah, she's sure.

Off to Audi, order the Monsoon Grey S4 that I wanted, add the B & O stereo to the previous build we wanted, and place the order. Salesman takes a look and can't find one at other dealers. We'll have to order it, and this car is going to take approximately 12 weeks to be delivered. Son of a...that's three weeks longer than the BMW! Do some paperwork, set the price, and he starts doing some more stuff in the computer. What do you know? There's one on the way to the US already. It will be in Houston Feb 26th and can be in Seattle first week of March. Done!

Mike
Yikes! That must be difficult for you.

But hey, it could be worse...

After your wife gets the new car, she could say something like "everyone here drives a Mercedes, BMW, a hybrid, or Lexus too. Oh my, I better go change my car right now!"

Oh well, at least you got the Audi. Please tell us how much you like the Audi when you get it!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
You sir, are an angel
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 02-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Mike -

Just hope you get the S4 before she changes her mind lol.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 AM

Mein Auto: Acura MDX
Quote:
Wife needed a new car after burning up three clutches in her Wolfsburg Jetta so we bought her a BMW. Narrowed our search down to an Audi S4 and 335i xDrive. I wanted the S4, wife wanted the BMW. I asked her to at least let me order the M-Sport package. Deal! So, we're getting an M-Sport in Mineral Grey Metallic with all options except the Harmon Kardon stereo. It's coming from the factory so we're looking at an end of March, early April delivery date. I really liked the S4 but this will do.

Have a couple of questions. Dealer offered the car at $1500 over invoice and when we asked for better they lowered it to $1250, removing all weather floormats from the deal. I'd rather buy them than finance them anyway. So, just pick up the BMW all-weather floor liners or are there some preferred aftermarkets. We live just outside Seattle and with our weather I want to have floor and trunkliners in hand before anybody sets foot in the car. Car has a black interior so I'd like something matching that.

Second. I won't have to worry about this for now with the new vehicle warranty but I'd like to find a scan tool for the car. I had a Ross-Tech VAG COM scan tool that worked with a windows PC or laptop and it was a great tool. Is there a similar product offered for BMW? Be nice to have.

Finally, help me out here. 8-9 weeks is a long time to wait for a car. Does it always take that long or do factory orders sometimes show up faster than that? Is there anything that you look back at and wish you had done after you received your car?

Thanks,
Mike
Call your dealer and get a BMW allocation number. Custom orders from the factory usually take between 6-10 weeks on average.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:

Mike
That's a real shame. The BMW is the better car. But, you'll be finding that out soon enough.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d
Quote:

Mike
After driving BMWs for over 20 years, I decided to give Audi a shot. I bought an A4 with sport package and a 6 speed manual tranny right before Christmas. The car is awesome, nice smooth power, ergonomics are fantastic, getting almost 30 mpg on my daily commute. Can get 30+ on the highway. The Quattro is awesome. Enjoy your S4.

Colonel (Ret) US Army / Hagerstown, MD
1985 M635 Euro Alpine White/Pacific Blue (Fun Car)
2010 Z4 s30i Alpine White/Beige
(Road Trip Car)

2013 Audi A6 Ibis White/Nougat (Daily Driver)
2013 Audi A4(Ret)
2011 335d (Ret)
2009 335i vert (Ret)
2007 335i vert (Ret) ED 04-13-10
2000 740iL (Ret)
1998 328iC (Ret)
1990 535i (Ret)
1988 635CSi (Ret)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Just can't get myself to like the Audi "nose", looks out of proportion to the rest of the front end, but that's just my opinion. Still prefer the twin kidney grills of a bimmer.
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 AM

Mein Auto: 13 335i M Sp, 13 SubBRZ
Quote:

Mike
In my quest for a car, I backed out on not 1, not 2, but 3 deals. And on one had to get my security deposit back. It is ****ty but it does happen all the time in the car world.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
Mike -

Just hope you get the S4 before she changes her mind lol.
We did...picked it up Friday. Windows are tinted 50% ceramic and except for winter wheels and tires that's the only thing we're doing to the car. Monsoon Gray is a touch lighter than the Mineral Gray and gives a nice, understated look to the car. Simply can't believe how well it drives. I'm sure we would have been happy with either car but I'm glad she fell back on this one.

Happy driving all,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130310-087_zpse78b258e.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	366461