Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i F30
Crazy Incident in car yesterday

Hi everyone, just want to let you know of a strange incident which happened to me yesterday. I arrived at Costco, parked up, and was waiting in the car for my girlfriend who was meeting me there in 15mins. While waiting I switched off the engine and was listening to the radio while running through Sports news on my phone...

Suddenly there's a massive crash on my driver's window (I think she whacked it with a key in her hand) which made me jump, and there's this middle-aged hag standing there. I opened door and said 'what the f...' and she shouts at me saying 'Can you turn off your lights I've been waiting 5 minutes for this space'.

Can you believe this? It was in a very upmarket district just shows how aggressive people are getting in society, especially women...

Anyway although I am generally a very polite person I did let her know this was mildly unacceptable behavior and trust me she won't be doing this again...

But, in terms of relevance to F30 owners, be aware when you stop and switch off the rear lights stay on, and there are some psychos out there who don't like this! :-)
Ads by Google
Old 02-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
I imagine she about scared you out of your wits when she whacked her key against the window. A key tip rapped on glass makes a hell of a noise and it's loud.

I've been in packed parking lots looking for open spots many times, just like everyone else. Someone gets in a car and I'll wait a little while, but if nothing happens I move on. You've got to figure that the people in the car have a different agenda than "pulling out." That woman's reaction though was strange and over the top, but you just can't know what's going on in the heads of others. Maybe her physician has just put her on a new medication that rewired her circuits. Who knows?

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 AM

She certainly made me jump I had no idea she was there...nutter! It's not like I even walked up to the car and sat in it with my lights on, I simply parked and switched engine off. I'm glad it wasn't a man I'd have him by the throat and probably spent the night in jail! :-)
Old 02-17-2013, 12:20 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Wow, it would have been hard for me to control myself early on. When you jump like that, anything goes within the first 10 seconds. Knocking on you car is very disrespectful no matter what kind of car it is and she would have gotten a good yelling.
It's really no worse than GM vehicles with those annoying reverse lights as the courtesy lights. I sat behind a few of them as they look like they're actually reversing only to find they just locked it and walked away.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i Sport
I would not have been happy with her. Just drive to another spot. Entitlement is out of control.

2013 335i Sport Line PPK | Alpine White/Coral Red | ZDH | ZCW | 2TB | ZTP | ZPP | 508+3AG | 5AC
Old 02-17-2013, 12:53 PM

Mein Auto: '11 E93 335is & '08 535xi
She's lucky she did not do that in Florida with their stand your ground law. That could have scared the hell out of the wrong BMW driver.

Current Stablemates:
'14 MB GL450; '12 Porsche 911 GTS Cabriolet (MT); '11 BMW E93 335is (DCT); '11 BMW E90 M3 (MT); '11 Audi S4 (DSG); '08 BMW E60 535xi; '08 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Favorite Cars Gone But Not Forgotten:
'09 Corvette ZO6; '04 MB S600; '01 BMW 740iL; '01 Corvette; '90 Nissan 300ZX 2+2; '89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer; '79 BMW 320i; '79 MB 300D; '71 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400; '67 MG Midget
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Woodswatchco

Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
I love it! You guys crack me up sometime. Peope are so rude. I have determined that society has forgotten about "primal truth". Primal truth is that we all have the ability to seriously hurt or kill someone long before it can be stopped by police, bystanders, or for them to get legal satisfaction in a court. The fear of violence has been almost completely taken off the table in civilized society. Which sounds great but it has caused people to treat each other horribly because there is no fear of repercussions. Let's all try to be decent to each. Whether they deserve it or not!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
treat each other horribly because there is no fear of repercussions.
This is a problem I have.
This is why I'm humble all the time. The problem is that when its time to act a fool, you must do so because people will just blow you off. Leave them with the thought that there ARE actual crazy people out there since they seem to think they're the only crazy ones.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:42 PM

Mein Auto: Passat 1.8T MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsbuc View Post
I've been in packed parking lots looking for open spots many times, just like everyone else. Someone gets in a car and I'll wait a little while, but if nothing happens I move on. You've got to figure that the people in the car have a different agenda than "pulling out." That woman's reaction though was strange and over the top, but you just can't know what's going on in the heads of others.
I do as you do, or if feasible, I simply ask the person, either by hand gesture or by speaking if the window is open, and that's that. The problem is that some people cannot conceive that there might be a reason they haven't thought of to explain a situation and proceed accordingly.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: E46, E83, E90 (all MT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boramkiv View Post
...It's really no worse than GM vehicles with those annoying reverse lights as the courtesy lights. I sat behind a few of them as they look like they're actually reversing only to find they just locked it and walked away.
+1. I find that feature really annoying. I cannot even count the number of times I have stopped short (in order to keep from getting backed into by a large SUV), only to find the owners just walking to, or from, the vehicle.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:37 AM

Mein Auto: 5
You should have pointed your finger and made a pulling out motion to the right and said "Pulling out scumbag. This is the universal symbol for the question 'Are you pulling out?'"

Last edited by pony_trekker; 02-18-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport iDrive 8s
Interestingly, I’ve observed that BMW’s seem to attract an inordinate amount of rude behaviour. Almost as if other drivers interpret actions based on the car you drive.
On the other hand, when I first appeared at my son’s football practice in my shinny new black Sport model, about dozen of the boys clapped and hi-fived me on my choice of car and colour. A couple also commented it was an “angry looking” car (maybe the black grills and spoiler??).
Do they still sell Baby-on-Board bumper stickers?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada1867 View Post
Interestingly, I’ve observed that BMW’s seem to attract an inordinate amount of rude behaviour. Almost as if other drivers interpret actions based on the car you drive.
Unfortunately, there are enough BMW drivers who drive in a clearly arrogant fashion we all get painted with the same brush. Other vehicles have this same issue, such as motorcycles.

Regardless, the OP's story is of inexcusable behavior. A polite inquiry is one thing; her approach, another.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM

Mein Auto: 335i after May ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959 View Post
Hi everyone, just want to let you know of a strange incident which happened to me yesterday. I arrived at Costco, parked up, and was waiting in the car for my girlfriend who was meeting me there in 15mins. While waiting I switched off the engine and was listening to the radio while running through Sports news on my phone...

Suddenly there's a massive crash on my driver's window (I think she whacked it with a key in her hand) which made me jump, and there's this middle-aged hag standing there. I opened door and said 'what the f...' and she shouts at me saying 'Can you turn off your lights I've been waiting 5 minutes for this space'.

Can you believe this? It was in a very upmarket district just shows how aggressive people are getting in society, especially women...

Anyway although I am generally a very polite person I did let her know this was mildly unacceptable behavior and trust me she won't be doing this again...

But, in terms of relevance to F30 owners, be aware when you stop and switch off the rear lights stay on, and there are some psychos out there who don't like this! :-)
that would not have ended well if i was driving
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
that would not have ended well if i was driving
Well I did give her some abuse but I'm glad I didn't over-react as I don't want to be in court for assaulting a woman...

Forgot to mention at one point she stood behind my car to take a photo of the license plate (or maybe she just really likes the rear styling of the F30). I said to her 'What are you going to do call the police and tell them I parked with my lights on?'
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Yoyo Mama

Mein Auto: 2013 F30 335xi BSM
Quote:
Well I did give her some abuse but I'm glad I didn't over-react as I don't want to be in court for assaulting a woman...

Forgot to mention at one point she stood behind my car to take a photo of the license plate (or maybe she just really likes the rear styling of the F30). I said to her 'What are you going to do call the police and tell them I parked with my lights on?'
thats 100% ridiculous - you did nothing wrong. i would have ignored her if she had tapped my window with keys. looked straight ahead and pretended like she didnt exist.

F30 2013 335i xDrive BSM :: 8AT :: Sport Line:: Tech Package :: Anthracite :: Heated Seats

E90 2006 325i SG :: steptronic :: xenon :: power/heated seats :: comfort access :: sat prep :: poplar
Mods: Chrome Exhaust Tips

2013 RX 350 Mica Blue

Retired: 2001 325i
Retired: 2003 TL 3.2
Old 02-18-2013, 01:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 328i
Oh, that's not Bimmer rage... It's Costco rage. Would have happened to anyone... Costco parking seems to bring out the worst survivalist mentality in soccer moms :P
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehchan View Post
Oh, that's not Bimmer rage... It's Costco rage. Would have happened to anyone... Costco parking seems to bring out the worst survivalist mentality in soccer moms :P
I agree! A lot of barely concealed aggression in the Costco parking lot...
Old 02-18-2013, 05:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i
Quote:

crazy lady!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Apay Kapoy

Mein Auto: 13 335i 02RSX5MT 06ML350
You did nothing wrong...good deal you kept your cool. If you did not and she remembered your car I'd say you'll get the key.
Mad woman prolly PMSing.
A friend of mine who carries a weapon (w/CWP) in his car all the time would have pulled it out in that instance.
Next time...you don't have to do this but you can open your driver's side door to deactivate the lights, close the door, lock the doors and keep listening to the radio.
My 1st BMW-bought fr inbound inventory: Munich 2013 F30 335i, RWD, Alpine White, Black Leather, M-Sport Line/Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Prem Pkg, Tech Pkg, 403M (Potenza S001 RFT 225/40, 255/35 R19), Sport auto w/paddle shifters, Heated front seats, Harman Kardon, Aluminum Hex Trim matte EB accent, Anthracite headliner
Std: Xenon Adaptive Headlights/Sunroof/Alarm
Mods: Tint/DIY lower intake grill guard/ASS recoded
22K mi Jul14
Hergestellt in Deutschland
Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: '11 E92 335ix, '13 S4
No way I would have kept my cool. I would have worn her out verbally.

That said, I have been in a packed parking lot before. And, come upon someone who got to their car just as I pulled in the aisle, and saw me put my blinker on for their space. They'll sit and sit. Finally, I'll leave to look for another space. As soon as I leave, they pull out, just to prove....well....what, I'm not quite sure.

This happened about a year ago. I was driving down a 4 lane road in a fairly busy shopping area. There's a guy who tunred in front of me brom a side street and proceeds to go about 10 MPH in front of me (speed limit was 40 MPH). He's flapping his jaws on his cell phone.

I was actually doing under the speed limt (probably 35 MPH) because of the congested area. Well, I've got cars backing up on my rear bumper. I wouldn't say I was tailgating the guy in front of me, but I wasn't 3 car lengths behind either. He slows even more. Cars behind me start honking. I flash my lights on him.

He proceeds by giving me the middlefinger salute in his rear view mirror.

Finally, he pulls to the right side berm to let me pass, and then cuts off the next car to pull in directly behind me, and proceeds to tailgate me.

He's flashing his lights the whole time, honking his horn at me.

Not wanting this to escalate, I decide to pull off at a gas station at the next intersection to let him go on.

He pulls in right behind me.

Enough is enough.....I jump out of my car before he has a chance to even get his door open. Being summer, his window is down. I stoop to his window and in the loudes voice I can muster.......

"ARE YOU CRAZY? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M ABOUT TO DO TO YOU? MY FOOT IS ABOUT TO GET SO FAR UP YOUR AZZ THAT IT WILL TAKE A SURGEON TO GET IT OUT."

Clearly, he wasn't expecting that. His hands started shaking on the steering wheel. He wouldn't even look me in the eye. He stared straight ahead.

"YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF WRECK YOU COULD HAVE CAUSED? YOU'RE LUCKY I'M A NICE PERSON OTHER WISE THIS COULD HAVE TURNED OUT A LOT WORSE. NOW, YOU WAIT UNTIL I LEAVE THIS PARKING LOT. WHEN YOU CAN'T SEE MY TAILIGHTS ANYMORE, THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN YOU PULL BACK ON THE STREET."

I'm getting all sorts of looks from people filling their tanks. He's just sitting there.

I get in my car and pull out. He didn't make a move. Sometimes, you HAVE TO get into people's faces.

Anyway, your lady would have had both ears singing by the time I got through with her.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 AM

Mein Auto: YA
Quote:

Just one question, was she black...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 AM
unbekannt

Mein Auto: 750Li Hi-Sec, '13 Actros
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryboysUDM View Post
You did nothing wrong...good deal you kept your cool. If you did not and she remembered your car I'd say you'll get the key.
Mad woman prolly PMSing.
A friend of mine who carries a weapon (w/CWP) in his car all the time would have pulled it out in that instance.
Next time...you don't have to do this but you can open your driver's side door to deactivate the lights, close the door, lock the doors and keep listening to the radio.
your friend would have pulled a gun on an old lady cause she tapped on his window?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:08 AM

Mein Auto: 14' F31 328xi (ED)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt1337 View Post
Just one question, was she black...
I don't see how her skin color had anything to do with her behavior.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
///Monkeyazz Duck

Mein Auto: 535i M Sport; 328i Wagon
I would have told her "I am stealing this car but I can't figure out how to get the f*cking transmission out of Park. Thanks for coming up to me - I will gladly take your car instead."

Current BMW's:
2014 535i MSport Space / Black, ZCW, ZDA, ZLP, ZLS, ZPP, H-K and 704
2014 328i Sport Wagon, Glacier / Black, ZSL, ZD2, ZD3, ZDH, ZLP, ZPP, ZTP, and H-K

Prior BMW's
2011 535ix MSport
2011 X5 35D
2008 ///M3 Vert
2008 X5 3.0
2007 X5 3.0
2006 X5 3.0
2006 550iA SP
2003 540iA M-Technic