Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 AM
///M Sport

Mein Auto: 2013 328i EBII M Sport
Exclamation Contract question about future delivery

Bought new BMW yesterday (2-5) and won't take delivery until 2-20.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...51#post7361851

I agreed to wire money which I'll do today and the dealer sent me contracts and docs overnight all dated 2-5. Some docs indicate I've taken delivery as soon as I sign so I'm obviously reluctant to sign them. There's also an insurance waiver that indicates my insurance kicks in when I sign it.

Gonna have lawyer look this over later but... Has anyone been in a similar situation where they're taking delivery on different date than sale? How were contracts dated and executed?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Do not sign final sale documents until you actually take delivery. At this point all you should be submitting is a deposit.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-06-2013, 12:09 PM

Mein Auto: M-Sport 335i xDrive
That's all we did. $1000 check and we were out the door.

Mike
Old 02-06-2013, 12:28 PM
///M Sport

We're now negotiating long distance. Just sent dealer and ultimatum outlining what terms are agreeable to "me".
Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: F30
Just another of the non-stop stream of examples on the forum of a) how repulsive most dealer business practices are and b) how many people either come close to or actually succumb to them.
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM
///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
Just another of the non-stop stream of examples on the forum of a) how repulsive most dealer business practices are and b) how many people either come close to or actually succumb to them.
The jury is out on how the dealer will act going forward. Its identity will be revealed when there's an outcome, good or bad, let the chips fall where that may. Don't mind sharing my ultimatum... Feel free to comment or use parts as a template.

"Reviewed your docs and contract with my lawyer. I have no issue signing any and all of them at the appropriate time. But my lawyer advises me it's premature to sign any documents pertaining to taking delivery of the vehicle, including the contract, until I physically inspect it and take delivery. That's only logical!

We need to think outside the box because this isn't a paint by numbers deal! I won't any sign pre-dated contracts or waive my rights as a consumer. I'm sure _______ doesn't want to take advantage of me so please put yourself in my shoes. It would be foolhardy to sign these papers as presented.

I'm willing to make a sizable deposit on the vehicle now, sign a letter of intent to buy the vehicle now, and give _______ access to my financial and credit history now. The contract and release documents will be executed and signed contemporaneous to when I take delivery of the vehicle on February 20, 2013, two weeks from today. The contract is very complex and I think a buyer deserves a detailed explanation from _______ as to the implications of the various clauses.

For example, we haven't even discussed the possibility of an extended warranty, yet your predated contract has me waiving it. You have me waiving an anti-theft device I may want. You have me paying insurance on a car I haven't yet taken delivery of... I'm buying a $52K car, I don't want to feel like _______ is giving me the bum's rush!

We discussed putting part of the payment on Amex if you recall. I'd like to discuss that further. I'm also concerned the odometer reading exploded from 9 to 28 seemingly overnight. I want _______ assurance the car will be safely stored and the odometer will remain at 28 until I take deliver.

I'm a reasonable person and this is an easy sale to structure. Please stop the steamroll approach.

Sincerely
,"
Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM

Mein Auto: F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post
The jury is out on how the dealer will act going forward. Its identity will be revealed when there's an outcome, good or bad, let the chips fall where that may. Don't mind sharing my ultimatum... Feel free to comment or use parts as a template.

"Reviewed your docs and contract with my lawyer. I have no issue signing any and all of them at the appropriate time. But my lawyer advises me it's premature to sign any documents pertaining to taking delivery of the vehicle, including the contract, until I physically inspect it and take delivery. That's only logical!

We need to think outside the box because this isn't a paint by numbers deal! I won't any sign pre-dated contracts or waive my rights as a consumer. I'm sure _______ doesn't want to take advantage of me so please put yourself in my shoes. It would be foolhardy to sign these papers as presented.

I'm willing to make a sizable deposit on the vehicle now, sign a letter of intent to buy the vehicle now, and give _______ access to my financial and credit history now. The contract and release documents will be executed and signed contemporaneous to when I take delivery of the vehicle on February 20, 2013, two weeks from today. The contract is very complex and I think a buyer deserves a detailed explanation from _______ as to the implications of the various clauses.

For example, we haven't even discussed the possibility of an extended warranty, yet your predated contract has me waiving it. You have me waiving an anti-theft device I may want. You have me paying insurance on a car I haven't yet taken delivery of... I'm buying a $52K car, I don't want to feel like _______ is giving me the bum's rush!

We discussed putting part of the payment on Amex if you recall. I'd like to discuss that further. I'm also concerned the odometer reading exploded from 9 to 28 seemingly overnight. I want _______ assurance the car will be safely stored and the odometer will remain at 28 until I take deliver.

I'm a reasonable person and this is an easy sale to structure. Please stop the steamroll approach.

Sincerely
,"
Far be from me to give you legal advice, but the simplest thing would have been to call this dealer bozo and tell him you were canceling the deal. When asked why, all you had to say was that you don't like the way they do business. Simple -- and very effective. You'd have been surprised at how fast they change their way of dealing with you.
Redelivered: 2012-09-12
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
///M Sport

^ good advice.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Pipes View Post

Sincerely
,"
Or:

Will sign all appropriate paperwork at delivery.

Very truly yours

If the deal is good and the car is acceptible why start from scratch?

ETA, my last deal, 11/2010, everything was signed electronically at the dealer after I inspected the car.

Last edited by pony_trekker; 02-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.