Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Goes with the Flow

Mein Auto: 328xi 2008
Side view mirror memorization problem , might be broken ?

Hi , I been having this issue since I purchase my 328xi 08 a few months ago . I been very patience and trying to figure out how to save my side view mirror settings. I looked on forums and try many suggestions to save my side view mirror settings, no luck . So I'm either doing it wrong or something is wrong with my side view mirror motor :/ . So the times I try saving my settings , I usually place the mirror in the desire location and then press the button on the passenger side that has the letter M then I would press button 1 in order to save the settings to that number . So the memory for the side view mirroring would work but as soon as I turn off the car and turn it on again . It would be a 50% chance that the mirror would go to a random off angle.

Thanks in advance , I appreciate all the help I received in the past and I'm grateful for this forum . I'm willing to try any information that is recommended.
Ads by Google
Old 11-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 328iT.'13 Boxster
Same thing happened to my '07 E91 - advanced mirror CRS cured by replacing the entire mirror.

Tom
Old 11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Goes with the Flow

I had a dreading feeling I would have to do that . Thanks for sharing your own experience and info .
Old 11-10-2012, 08:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 335i
I just noticed that it did that today (I gues I should read the manual entirley!). I only noticed that my right mirror moved when I changed the settings and reset to #1 position but it that could be that I usually don't change my left driver mirror when I make an adjustment. I'll have to test it. On another note, my windshield wiper adjustment doesn't seem to vary the speed unless it's on automatic so I'll have to start a thread and see what I'm doing wrong or if that is also a known issue.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Goes with the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptt144 View Post
I just noticed that it did that today (I gues I should read the manual entirley!). I only noticed that my right mirror moved when I changed the settings and reset to #1 position but it that could be that I usually don't change my left driver mirror when I make an adjustment. I'll have to test it. On another note, my windshield wiper adjustment doesn't seem to vary the speed unless it's on automatic so I'll have to start a thread and see what I'm doing wrong or if that is also a known issue.
I have the same issues for the windshield too , maybe once the mirrors are fixed the wipers will be too :/ . I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to hope . lol
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Goes with the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Same thing happened to my '07 E91 - advanced mirror CRS cured by replacing the entire mirror.

Tom
by the way how much was your estimate ?
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 335xi
I was JUST about to post about this...
Like...1/10 times I get in my car, my mirrors will be at some random-ass angle.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwLifestyle View Post
by the way how much was your estimate ?
Wish I could tell you, but it was done under warranty.

Sorry,
Tom
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sptt144 View Post
On another note, my windshield wiper adjustment doesn't seem to vary the speed unless it's on automatic so I'll have to start a thread and see what I'm doing wrong or if that is also a known issue.
It's perfectly normal as we do not have intermittent wipers - except when set to low speed and the car is stopped. The small lever control simply alters the sensitivity of the rain sensor and the only way to alter the wiper speed is by setting it to slow or fast which disables the rain sensor.

Tom
Old 11-11-2012, 01:54 PM
David W

Mein Auto: 2007 335I E93 & E92
OK the fix is easy + no cost . I fixed mine in 15 minutes. This is a common problem when the contacts on the back of the motor unit get dirty. So pop the glass and holder off the mirror, remove 1 small torx screw, pull the motor unit out, clean contacts and coat them with di-electric grease.
Do a search in DIY section if you need pictures and more details.
David
Old 12-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Goes with the Flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Williamso View Post
OK the fix is easy + no cost . I fixed mine in 15 minutes. This is a common problem when the contacts on the back of the motor unit get dirty. So pop the glass and holder off the mirror, remove 1 small torx screw, pull the motor unit out, clean contacts and coat them with di-electric grease.
Do a search in DIY section if you need pictures and more details.
David
I been having a difficult time of finding out forums that will help me pop off the mirrors and clean the motor . Would you or anybody else could possible paste the direct link here, or give me the name of the user that has the detail description on how to remove the mirrors. I'm afraid of doing it without instructions .
Old 12-03-2012, 08:15 PM
David W

Mein Auto: 2007 335I E93 & E92
move the mirror so it points down, put something soft on the ground so if you drop it the glass won't break. I used a trim tool but a screw driver will work, be careful not to mark the mirror housing. The glass is in a plastic housing and you pry between it and the mirror housing, the glass and the plasic will pop off. Then you will see the torx screw, remove it and pull the motor unit straight out. In behind there is an electrical connector with about 8 pins, clean the pins and the socket and it should work.
Hope this helps. I don't recall where I found the DIY instructions with pictures.
David
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Goes with the Flow

So I just wanted to get back with the results , I was actually just going to do it myself but I started getting some sort of icon warning so I drove to the closest BMW Repair shop . Little that I knew my Car still had warranty from the previews owner YESSS So they tested both side mirrors and failed . So both Mirror motors got replaced and got myself a car wash all for the price of $50.00 : D . I was so happy that this was not an issue anymore and luckily I went before the warranty expire.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335is
I found the DIY fix for this issue.