Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-06-2013, 11:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 328I
Looking for new front bumper?

I recently got my car and whoever has had it before me ran up on some curbs and parking blocks and have just ruined the bottom of the bumper. Any suggestions on what to do if to get it fixed or just get a whole new front bumper.
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 99 328i
I recently had a minor accident where the car in front of me backed into my bumper while I was stopped a light. She was trying to get more room to turn into another lane. The insurance company (we both had Allstate) agreed to refinish the bumper to repair a couple of scratches from the impact. I had the auto body company refinish the underside of the bumper at the same time, as well as some stone chips outside the area where the insurance company paid for the refinish. Total cost was about $700. The finished bumper looked brand new.

You can buy a new bumper cover and have it painted and installed in place of the new one, but you're looking at over a grand to do that, I think. I have seen others on this board say they have had this kind of repair for $600.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Or you can get any of the after-market lower bumper add ons such as the one I have. It will cover those blemishes quite nicely.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM

I would add something to the bottom if whoever had it before didn't like rub the corner of the bumper against something. I will have to look in to the refinishing, are the bumpers made of fiberglass?
Old 02-07-2013, 01:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessener25 View Post
I recently got my car and whoever has had it before me ran up on some curbs and parking blocks and have just ruined the bottom of the bumper. Any suggestions on what to do if to get it fixed or just get a whole new front bumper.
I just got my (new to me) 2006 325i on the road and drove it to work. I pulled up to a parking block and SKRUNCH! I scraped the bottom of my bumper cover too.

I can see that there were some scratches there already, but now I have doubled them.

They can be filled, sanded and painted as ramblinman said.

I have plenty of body work to do, having purchased the car at a great discount due to other body damage, so I'll just be adding these new "brown dog" scratches to the list.

I used some (mild) rubbing compound and a bit of polish and they are hardly noticeable, but I know they're there and it's my car so I'm fixing it.

Last edited by BashedBarrique; 02-07-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:55 PM

Parking blocks are the worst in my opinion.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM

Mein Auto: 335is Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
Or you can get any of the after-market lower bumper add ons such as the one I have. It will cover those blemishes quite nicely.
Tell me more. I scraped both left and right sides of my front bumper cover against curbs (don't ask - it was dumb of me). I hate to have to repaint the entire cover for two small scrapes, which may eventually happen again.

It occurred to me that some type of replaceable add-on would make a lot of sense.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
Check Tischer, BavAuto, ModBargains, to name the first three sellers that come to mind.
BMW, Hamman, and Schnitzer, to name the first three manufacturers that come to mind.

Look at ebay, however, be careful about buying cheap foreign copies. Fit and finish can be hit or miss.

Do a search and you will find many threads here discussing the many options available.