Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagu View Post
Jon or Greg:

For the pull ahead program, I just bought 10,000 extra miles and added the cost to my monthly lease payments. In this case, will bmwfs only pay for 3 months of the original contract lease payments and charge me for the actual mileage overage at turn in or do I have to pay for the 10,000 even if I don't use it up? I don't mind paying for my actual extra miles, I just want be sure. My lease expires August 10.

Thanks

Not sure about that one. Maybe you can call Customer Service (800)578-5000 and post the answer in this thread for the benefit of others who may be in the same situation?

Intuitively, I would say that if they are waiving 3 payments, it would be just that, right? Your current payment, not the original amount...

One thing I think people are missing in the understanding in general is that a "Pull Ahead" does not mean you are "turning in" your vehicle.

In fact, you are trading it in... The dealer must buy it. It is not going back to BMWFS and to auction as a traditional "lease return".

The dealer is going to make an appraisal, and work the deal based on that. The Pull Ahead part only means a reduced payoff amount.

Make sense?

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3
So, for an upcoming 335i sedan ED in the summer...Could I combine the $1000 credit and the $750 loyalty? (After submitting app to lock the rate, of course)

Also, if I take delivery in June, but my current lease isn't up until the end of August (roughly when I expect the 335i to be back stateside), do I qualify for the turn-key program? Since "delivery" of my new car would occur in Munich, outside of the 30 day window of my current lease end.

2014 X3 xDrive35i F25 l AW l BLACK l ALUM l M-SPORT l PREM l TECH l CW l DAP l DHP l AHB l PREM AUDIO

2011 X3 xDrive35i F25 l SG l OYSTER l ALUM l M-SPORT l PREM l NAV l PREM AUDIO (Retired)

2011 135i E82 l SG l CORAL l GLACIER l DCT l PREM l M-SPORT l NAV l HK (Retired)

2007 335i E90 l AW l BLK L-ETTE l ALUM TRIM l SPORT l 6MT (Retired)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shafer View Post
Not sure about that one. Maybe you can call Customer Service (800)578-5000 and post the answer in this thread for the benefit of others who may be in the same situation?

Intuitively, I would say that if they are waiving 3 payments, it would be just that, right? Your current payment, not the original amount...

One thing I think people are missing in the understanding in general is that a "Pull Ahead" does not mean you are "turning in" your vehicle.

In fact, you are trading it in... The dealer must buy it. It is not going back to BMWFS and to auction as a traditional "lease return".

The dealer is going to make an appraisal, and work the deal based on that. The Pull Ahead part only means a reduced payoff amount.

Make sense?

Makes sense, thanks very much. I'll inquire at that phone number later in the week.

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:

Make sense?

Jon, I'd think it's actually the opposite (they cover the original payment only)... I am in the same boat, bought some extra miles, and it is broken out separately on my monthly invoice:

Base payment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx
Mileage Adjustment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx

The way they split it out leads me to believe that even if they waive the payments, I'm still on the hook for the miles. Or think about it another way, if they waive that amount as well, they are "penalizing" the person that pays in full for the extra miles while giving the folks that chose to pay for them by spreading over the remaining payments a freebie? I don't think they'd do that.

As you mentioned, it all gets thrown in the pot for payoff but I think this is one of those things that doesn't get "waived" by BMW on the pull ahead payoff and would need to be accounted for in negotiations with the dealer (just like other outstanding liabilities on the payoff).

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i

Last edited by SARAFIL; 02-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Jon, I'd think it's actually the opposite (they cover the original payment only)... I am in the same boat, bought some extra miles, and it is broken out separately on my monthly invoice:

Base payment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx
Mileage Adjustment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx

The way they split it out leads me to believe that even if they waive the payments, I'm still on the hook for the miles. Or think about it another way, if they waive that amount as well, they are "penalizing" the person that pays in full for the extra miles while giving the folks that chose to pay for them by spreading over the remaining payments a freebie? I don't think they'd do that.

As you mentioned, it all gets thrown in the pot for payoff but I think this is one of those things that doesn't get "waived" by BMW on the pull ahead payoff and would need to be accounted for in negotiations with the dealer (just like other outstanding liabilities on the payoff).

Even if you paid for the miles up front and you don't use the miles, do they ever give monetary credit to be used for extra miles on the new car or for anything else?

2013 535i M-Sport, Jet Black/Black Nappa Leather-Premium-Technology-Driver's Assistance-Luxury Seat-Soft Close Doors-Premium Sound-Sport Auto Transmission-35% Ceramic Tint.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post

Base payment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx
Mileage Adjustment $xxx
Sales/Use tax $xx

You might be right. If someone could find out for sure that'd be great.

Besides all of this sales stuff, I am buried in Bimmerfest event preparation/promotion, so if someone can call FS, that would be very helpful to settling this question.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:

Besides all of this sales stuff, I am buried in Bimmerfest event preparation/promotion, so if someone can call FS, that would be very helpful to settling this question.
Jon, I appreciate it. I'll call them on Tuesday and report back here.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:29 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Even if you paid for the miles up front and you don't use the miles, do they ever give monetary credit to be used for extra miles on the new car or for anything else?
If you buy excess miles (>15k per year) when you contract the lease, they refund unused miles >15k per year at the end of the lease. If you do a midterm adjustment and don't use them all, they won't refund those miles.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 PM

Mein Auto: e90
So I need a bit of help. I have a 11 e90 sedan which is a lease that matures July 6, 13. last payment is june 18th. I have a deal for a 13 f30 sedan which is on the boat and will be here by march (so Im told). My question is 1: if i pay my feb, march payment, the the pull ahead will cover my remaining payments? 2: i qualify for the 750 loyalty, and the $1000 lease cash, but not the $500 turn key?, lastly my dealer informed me that I must take delivery by 4/1 in order to qualify for the pull ahead on my current 11 sedan as he advised me it expires on that date. Im in NY if that matters. Thanks for the assistance
Old 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM

Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
hey jon, did you get rid of the f30?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
hey jon, did you get rid of the f30?
Nope, Mrs. Shafer is driving the 335i.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:54 AM

Mein Auto: Saab
Any word on the enhanced 7er lease incentives?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
While I did not pay for extra miles, I returned a leased car with only 16,000 miles (had 10K per year or 30K allowance). I did a pull ahead (2 months before lease end - 2 payments remaining) and leased a new car with BMWFS. On the new lease 1st statement BMWFS isssued me a loyalty "low miles return" $300 credit. This on top of the $700 APP credit (December) towards 1st month payment and the $750 loyalty credit.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Ok, I just called BMWFS and they told me that if you do the pull ahead program they will not reimburse for any extra miles that was bought. They also said that the pull ahead program will only pay for the original contract payment and not the new payment with extra miles but you can "work it out" with the dealer.

So, lesson learned from now on I will lease my cars with 10k miles at the highest residual, put miles on it and work out a pull ahead deal with the dealer at lease end.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 PM

What the heck? Why are thev7 series deals so secretive?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM
1 Converted Addict

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
Ok, I just called BMWFS and they told me that if you do the pull ahead program they will not reimburse for any extra miles that was bought. They also said that the pull ahead program will only pay for the original contract payment and not the new payment with extra miles but you can "work it out" with the dealer.

So, lesson learned from now on I will lease my cars with 10k miles at the highest residual, put miles on it and work out a pull ahead deal with the dealer at lease end.
Did you buy the miles upfront with one payment rather then putting them into the monthly payment?

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley View Post
What do you mean? The only news is that the residuals were inflated.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angler View Post
Did you buy the miles upfront with one payment rather then putting them into the monthly payment?
I just added them to my remaining monthly payments last month.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM
1 Converted Addict

Mein Auto: 135i M-Sport 6mt Cabrio
Quote:
I just added them to my remaining monthly payments last month.
So you won't loss all of the money since you will not be paying for the miles in the pull ahead months? Am I missing something?

PSS|PPK|PE|LUX H8 V4's|CDV Delete|
Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Using the lease numbers shown on BMWUSA, the current 10K miles residual appears to be 58% on 740 and 750. I assume the MF is still .00130. My question is, is there any other incentive cash available other than $3500 lease cash, loyalty, and USAA?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highflying View Post
Using the lease numbers shown on BMWUSA, the current 10K miles residual appears to be 58% on 740 and 750. I assume the MF is still .00130. My question is, is there any other incentive cash available other than $3500 lease cash, loyalty, and USAA?
Ridewithg shows the numbers in the low 50s, have they been inflated for feb from there?
Is the 3500 for 7 series as well as 6 series?
Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Ridewithg shows the numbers in the low 50s, have they been inflated for feb from there?
Is the 3500 for 7 series as well as 6 series?
I don't know what the residual was before. BMWUSA.com shows the same cash incentive for 6 as the 7.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highflying View Post
I don't know what the residual was before. BMWUSA.com shows the same cash incentive for 6 as the 7.
Thanks for that info. If the residual is truly inflated might make a good time to do an ED!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Quote:
Thanks for that info. If the residual is truly inflated might make a good time to do an ED!
Residuals are inflated 3-4% across the entire 7 Series line.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 AM

Mein Auto: M3
Quote:
Residuals are inflated 3-4% across the entire 7 Series line.
Including the B7? Can you share what the residuals are for the B7? Thanks