Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:25 AM
mryakanisachoad's Avatar
mryakanisachoad mryakanisachoad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: brooklyn,ny
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 570
Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
BMW - best lease deals EVER for February 2013.

3 Series are cheaper than Honda Accords and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

5 series cheaper than Acura's. 2250 lease credit for returning customers + .63 residual on 36 month terms (if you have good credit).

That's so cheap. Go get 'em !!


.

Last edited by mryakanisachoad; 02-09-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
3 Series are cheaper than Honda Accords and I'm not exaggerating one bit.

5 series cheaper than Acura's. 2250 lease credit for returning customers + .63 residual on 36 month terms (if you have good credit).

That's so cheap. Go get 'em !!


.
Yeah this month BMW started some real good lease deals, probably in response to the lack of sales numbers in January. Good time to get one. But I would not be surprised if you dig more, Acura or Honda have some special leases too.

I won't lease a BMW because it is cheaper than a Honda, that is just wrong
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Jamesonsviggen Jamesonsviggen is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,202
Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
In late '11 when I was looking for my wife, they had E90 RWD lease offers at my local dealer for $199 with $2999 down+tax, and $219 for X-drive.
__________________
'98 M Roadster+'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt
'11 Saab 9-3 XWD
'13 M-Sport 328i 6mt FOR SALE


E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:15 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Yeah this month BMW started some real good lease deals, probably in response to the lack of sales numbers in January. Good time to get one. But I would not be surprised if you dig more, Acura or Honda have some special leases too.

I won't lease a BMW because it is cheaper than a Honda, that is just wrong
Fools mentality
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-09-2013, 01:23 PM
krash's Avatar
krash krash is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: PA
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,675
Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Stripped down 328s don't count.
__________________
2013 335i: Sport Line, Premium, Technology, DHP, HK, 8 Speed Sport w/Paddles, Heated Seats, PDC, Camera
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Fools mentality
I leased a BMW because a Honda, regardless what engine, tranny, or tires they put in it, was behind the 328i's driving dynamics by a mile.

Now the above clarification is usually not necessary in a forum like this, but some people just have to be told word by word, not capable of reading between the lines.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-09-2013, 07:39 PM
MonkeyCMonkeyDo MonkeyCMonkeyDo is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Anaheim Hills
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 493
Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Yeah this month BMW started some real good lease deals, probably in response to the lack of sales numbers in January. Good time to get one. But I would not be surprised if you dig more, Acura or Honda have some special leases too.

I won't lease a BMW because it is cheaper than a Honda, that is just wrong
REALLY? Highest Sales Number EVER for the month
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-09-2013, 08:24 PM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo View Post
Thats just dtc100 talking out his ass and trolling. He is the f30 forum troll.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:42 PM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyCMonkeyDo View Post
You two are no different, can't read more than the title.

The report you posted was global sales, last month BMW sales in the US was only 2.2% higher, when others were mostly 10% plus higher.

In particular, the 3 and 5 series were bad, the 3 series had not sold so few in the recent history.

Why do you think BMW is rolling out such good specials for the 3 series so soon, in February?

Not that I like to see F30 sales go bad, nor will I be surprised if the sales goes back up quickly with the new incentives, but please, you are not doing them much favor speaking on behalf of F30 drivers.

At least BJ was mostly tongue in cheek, and can read between the lines, or beyond just a one liner.

Last edited by dtc100; 02-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 AM
boltjaM3s's Avatar
boltjaM3s boltjaM3s is offline
BMW Platinum Visa® Member
Location: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,436
Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
You two are no different, can't read more than the title.

The report you posted was global sales, last month BMW sales in the US was only 2.2% higher, when others were mostly 10% plus higher.

In particular, the 3 and 5 series were bad, the 3 series had not sold so few in the recent history.

Why do you think BMW is rolling out such good specials for the 3 series so soon, in February?

Not that I like to see F30 sales go bad, nor will I be surprised if the sales goes back up quickly with the new incentives, but please, you are not doing them much favor speaking on behalf of F30 drivers.

At least BJ was mostly tongue in cheek, and can read between the lines, or beyond just a one liner.
I'm done with you. Don't post here anymore.

BJ
__________________

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-11-2013, 04:02 AM
K-A's Avatar
K-A K-A is offline
Dark Knight
Location: U.S
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,373
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
You two are no different, can't read more than the title.

The report you posted was global sales, last month BMW sales in the US was only 2.2% higher, when others were mostly 10% plus higher.

In particular, the 3 and 5 series were bad, the 3 series had not sold so few in the recent history.

Why do you think BMW is rolling out such good specials for the 3 series so soon, in February?

Not that I like to see F30 sales go bad, nor will I be surprised if the sales goes back up quickly with the new incentives, but please, you are not doing them much favor speaking on behalf of F30 drivers.

At least BJ was mostly tongue in cheek, and can read between the lines, or beyond just a one liner.
BMW shot their wad in Nov/Dec so it was just natural for a heavy taper off in Jan. Not sure why the F30's sales have been so moderate for a 3-Series, but I assume it may have to do with a "normal" soft opening for BMW model due to overlap issues, i.e lack of supply- namely on various options (X Drive unavailable for awhile, etc.) and an "old body" Coupe which has an odd position next to a new body 4-Door. Also, remember that 3 sales will decline dramatically NOT due to an actual decline in sales, but because the Coupe will no longer be factored into "3" sales once the "4" comes into play.

The 3er is really the segment flagship right now.... if there is or was anything actually about it that would be behind any future and fairly gauged "sales decline" I think it could only be the front. I can understand maybe some polarization from a car so high volume its clientele prefers something less fussy and head-scratching. I'm kind of back and forth on that aspect of it myself.

As for the 5's sales, it sold an ASTOUNDING amount in Dec, so a taper off is par for the course.
__________________
'13 F10 BMW 535i Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,066
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Thats just dtc100 talking out his ass and trolling. He is the f30 forum troll.
Look in the mirror. At least dtc tries to contribute rational debate here. I find your posts worthless and overly critical.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:27 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
BMW shot their wad in Nov/Dec so it was just natural for a heavy taper off in Jan. Not sure why the F30's sales have been so moderate for a 3-Series, but I assume it may have to do with a "normal" soft opening for BMW model due to overlap issues, i.e lack of supply- namely on various options (X Drive unavailable for awhile, etc.) and an "old body" Coupe which has an odd position next to a new body 4-Door. Also, remember that 3 sales will decline dramatically NOT due to an actual decline in sales, but because the Coupe will no longer be factored into "3" sales once the "4" comes into play.

The 3er is really the segment flagship right now.... if there is or was anything actually about it that would be behind any future and fairly gauged "sales decline" I think it could only be the front. I can understand maybe some polarization from a car so high volume its clientele prefers something less fussy and head-scratching. I'm kind of back and forth on that aspect of it myself.

As for the 5's sales, it sold an ASTOUNDING amount in Dec, so a taper off is par for the course.
I also noticed BMW has been doing extremely well in the crossover segment in the US. That could eat into their car sales. Case and point, I never had expected this, but lately I have been given the X1 some consideration.

Of course the downside is, there is no incentives on the X1 because it is selling so well and BMW can't build enough of them.

Last edited by dtc100; 02-11-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 AM
lawyer540 lawyer540 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: United States
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 117
Mein Auto: '02 540i
This is exactly why I listed by '02 540 for sale this weekend. I want to sell it so I can go lease a new 328! Here is the link over to the classifieds.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=675579
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
Michael Schott Michael Schott is offline
Moderator
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,066
Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
I also noticed BMW has been doing extremely well in the crossover segment in the US. That could eat into their car sales. Case and point, I never had expected this, but lately I have been given the X1 some consideration.

Of course the downside is, there is no incentives on the X1 because it is selling so well and BMW can't build enough of them.
I'm surprised to read that the X1 is selling so well. I haven't seen on the road yet. It's a good choice for a quality BMW at a nice price.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I'm surprised to read that the X1 is selling so well. I haven't seen on the road yet. It's a good choice for a quality BMW at a nice price.
Especially consider how new it is, I recall it took awhile for the X3 to reach X1's numbers back then.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Axxlrod Axxlrod is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 103
Mein Auto: 2013 535i M sport
So, what are the current money factor and residuals for this promotion going on?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:59 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
So, what are the current money factor and residuals for this promotion going on?
Check out the Ask A Dealer section.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM
woodswatchco woodswatchco is offline
Woodswatchco
Location: Tampa, FL.
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 228
Mein Auto: 2013 328i 6sp manual
I can attest to how much of a bargain the X1 is. After I bought my 328i M sport, my girlfriend test drove an X1. She was all set to buy a Jetta for $9k less than the X1. She's not a car person at all. Her current car was a 2009 Ford Focus that she thought was "awesome". She test drove two versions of the Jetta, a GTI, a 370Z, and a Fiat 500. After she drove the X1, she wouldn't even look at anything else. It is a steal at $32k to start. She ended up getting a true $1000 discount and $750 BMW loyalty (from me) and no $600 dealer fee. They even had to ship the car in from another dealer about 100 miles away. It is a Cashmere silver, X line with the aluminum roof rails. Very pretty little car and still 0-60 in under 6 seconds and 33mpg on the highway! It's no 3 series but a heck of a deal if you are buying and not leasing.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM
everettpa1 everettpa1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 215
Mein Auto: 13 335i M Sp, 13 SubBRZ
I just saw an X1 literally today for the first time. Nice mix of wagon and ute. We have no use for a tweener car like that but it was cool. I don't like wagons or suvs and that is a nice mix.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM
everettpa1 everettpa1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 215
Mein Auto: 13 335i M Sp, 13 SubBRZ
I looked at leasing my 335i and the overall lease deal was ok. Acquisition fee sucks. Higher int rate than a buy, had to fight off the security deposit, residuals were good. 60% on a 39 mo lease with 15K miles is pretty healthy. I did the finance. Maybe 328s are better? They are everywhere on lots.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 AM
pony_trekker pony_trekker is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NY
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,178
Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I'm surprised to read that the X1 is selling so well. I haven't seen on the road yet. It's a good choice for a quality BMW at a nice price.
dealer I know says X1 selling like hotcakes
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 AM
justinnum1's Avatar
justinnum1 justinnum1 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,732
Mein Auto: F30 328i Sport
X1 is super cheap, and cheap to make, a lot of the components based on the e90

I'm picking up an F10 this week, deals are good on them too.
__________________
F30 335 Estoril Blue Msport with performance exhasut and black grilles

Last edited by justinnum1; 02-12-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM
dtc100 dtc100 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Norcal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,694
Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodswatchco View Post
I can attest to how much of a bargain the X1 is. After I bought my 328i M sport, my girlfriend test drove an X1. She was all set to buy a Jetta for $9k less than the X1. She's not a car person at all. Her current car was a 2009 Ford Focus that she thought was "awesome". She test drove two versions of the Jetta, a GTI, a 370Z, and a Fiat 500. After she drove the X1, she wouldn't even look at anything else. It is a steal at $32k to start. She ended up getting a true $1000 discount and $750 BMW loyalty (from me) and no $600 dealer fee. They even had to ship the car in from another dealer about 100 miles away. It is a Cashmere silver, X line with the aluminum roof rails. Very pretty little car and still 0-60 in under 6 seconds and 33mpg on the highway! It's no 3 series but a heck of a deal if you are buying and not leasing.
After some quick research, the real world price of X1 is not any better than a 3 series with much higher MSRP. A matter of supply and demand I think.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 AM
K-A's Avatar
K-A K-A is offline
Dark Knight
Location: U.S
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,373
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
I'm picking up an F10 this week, deals are good on them too.
Good choice. As a luxury vehicle, the F10's fit/finish and overall refinement is so pristine, I think it's the best value in the Luxury Car market today.
__________________
'13 F10 BMW 535i Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms