Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 02-10-2013, 12:15 AM

Mein Auto: 91'bmw ac schnitzer
91 e34 sticky auto transmission

Sooo... Im havin issues with my auto transmission i just recently purchased the car.. Working out bugs.. An my auto trans. Doesnt shift smoothly most of the time its not a real hard jerk when it does shift but enough to notice.. Its a closed transmission with no dipstick.. Plannin on changin the fluid but any other suggestions or solutions? Thx again
Ads by Google
Old 02-10-2013, 12:33 AM

177k on car...
Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1995 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alnlesley View Post
Sooo... Im havin issues with my auto transmission i just recently purchased the car.. Working out bugs.. An my auto trans. Doesnt shift smoothly most of the time its not a real hard jerk when it does shift but enough to notice.. Its a closed transmission with no dipstick.. Plannin on changin the fluid but any other suggestions or solutions? Thx again
It's low on fluid .. to add fluid you have to go through the fill hole plug on the tranny under the car .check your Bentley manual

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App
Old 02-10-2013, 07:02 AM
545i pilot

Mein Auto: e60 545i e34 540 e32 740
Changing the fluid in a zf tranny is a major PITA. Failure to do it properly led to a rebuild for mine. Sure wish id have paid a shop to change the fluid, as it would have saved me a couple of Gs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 02-10-2013, 10:33 AM

Thx i was thinking the same thing but livin in the boonies where shops cant fix ur cars unless they have a code reader makes me leery takin my car anywhere.. Definitely next on my list this week.. I wasnt sure if the transmission had low oil sensor or not an wanted input thx again..