Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
NY / NJ / CT

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
ruze ruze is offline
Ruze
Location: Weehawken, NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 94 525i, 06 750Li (sold)
Experience with Bloomfield BMW?

During the recent storm Sandy a piece of a tree fell on my rear windshield and broke it. As there were some electricals hanging out (rear brake light), I thought I'd take it to Bloomfield BMW to do a good job on it. I'd also received an email saying they're experienced with negotiating with insurance, and on the phone the SA assured me the insurance would take care of it and they'd work with them to make sure.

Once the car got to the dealer, whoops black hole. I couldn't reach the SA assigned to me for about a month. The insurance covered a fixed amount ($1700) for the windshield. There was also some side damage from flying projectiles during the storm which they refused to cover, saying it was prior damage. Bloomfield BMW also totally turned their back on what they advertised in the email and said they won't deal with the insurance at all, and that's my job. The adjuster showed up and the SA didn't even know about it till the next day.

Ok, so I told the SA to fix the windshield so I could at least be able to have my car back and use it while fighting out the other damage with the insurance. $1700, no problem. And if I want the body shop to fix the other damage it'll be 2K. I said I'd think about the body damage but to fix the windshield for the amount covered.

Finally about a month after I brought it in he says ok come by pick it up it's ready. I said the SA I spoke with initially said they could give me a ride over no problem. This one complained about it but said ok. I got there he shook my hand and promptly disappeared. The car came out, and the receptionist gave me a bill for $2700. I tried looking at break down. $150 for labor, $600 for parts and the rest was a line item saying SUBLET for about $1700. Ok??

Now I could spend all day playing tag with the SA or get my car and get to work, so I paid unhappily and left. Yes, I realize it's probably a mistake paying before working out the issues and/or discussing the price.

Anyway, turns out the repair itself is to put the kindest way possible, shoddy. The rear seatbelt DISAPPEARED. Actually it might be behind the seat. But since it isn't a fold down, it's gone. There's a STRONG smell of glue, which is still just as strong a week later. There's glue residue on the driver window.

So a) I got charged what seems like an obscene amount for the repairs provided and b) didn't even get a decent quality job done for that.

Any comments about this dealership, issues anybody's had using them, or ways I can go about getting some of my money back and the repair job completed? Could this fall under some definition of gouging - i.e. taking advantage of Sandy victims?

I heard the guy who used to take care of customers who used to be there got fired recently, having been there for 15 years, so it might be a new thing of theirs treating customers shabbily. I'd love to find out where he went.

Also, does anybody know any good Indy mechanics in NJ? TIA

Last edited by ruze; 12-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
vern vern is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 4,739
Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruze View Post
During the recent storm Sandy a piece of a tree fell on my rear windshield and broke it. As there were some electricals hanging out (rear brake light), I thought I'd take it to Bloomfield BMW to do a good job on it. I'd also received an email saying they're experienced with negotiating with insurance, and on the phone the SA assured me the insurance would take care of it and they'd work with them to make sure.

Once the car got to the dealer, whoops black hole. I couldn't reach the SA assigned to me for about a month. The insurance covered a fixed amount ($1700) for the windshield. There was also some side damage from flying projectiles during the storm which they refused to cover, saying it was prior damage. Bloomfield BMW also totally turned their back on what they advertised in the email and said they won't deal with the insurance at all, and that's my job. The adjuster showed up and the SA didn't even know about it till the next day.

Ok, so I told the SA to fix the windshield so I could at least be able to have my car back and use it while fighting out the other damage with the insurance. $1700, no problem. And if I want the body shop to fix the other damage it'll be 2K. I said I'd think about the body damage but to fix the windshield for the amount covered.

Finally about a month after I brought it in he says ok come by pick it up it's ready. I said the SA I spoke with initially said they could give me a ride over no problem. This one complained about it but said ok. I got there he shook my hand and promptly disappeared. The car came out, and the receptionist gave me a bill for $2700. I tried looking at break down. $150 for labor, $600 for parts and the rest was a line item saying SUBLET for about $1700. Ok??

Now I could spend all day playing tag with the SA or get my car and get to work, so I paid unhappily and left. Yes, I realize it's probably a mistake paying before working out the issues and/or discussing the price.

Anyway, turns out the repair itself is to put the kindest way possible, shoddy. The rear seatbelt DISAPPEARED. Actually it might be behind the seat. But since it isn't a fold down, it's gone. There's a STRONG smell of glue, which is still just as strong a week later. There's glue residue on the driver window.

So a) I got charged what seems like an obscene amount for the repairs provided and b) didn't even get a decent quality job done for that.

Any comments about this dealership, issues anybody's had using them, or ways I can go about getting some of my money back and the repair job completed? Could this fall under some definition of gouging - i.e. taking advantage of Sandy victims?

I heard the guy who used to take care of customers who used to be there got fired recently, having been there for 15 years, so it might be a new thing of theirs treating customers shabbily. I'd love to find out where he went.

Also, does anybody know any good Indy mechanics in NJ? TIA
Sorry to hear about your problems with insurance, which company? and Bloomfield BMW. To bad you didn't do a search, there's quite a few cons about them. I myself use JMK BMW and have never had one problem with them in any area. As far as a Indy Shop many on this forum use Bimmer Clinic, myself included. They do great work and are very very reliable. Do a search. Good luck.
cheers
vern
__________________
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats

Last edited by vern; 12-10-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-10-2012, 12:59 PM
ruze ruze is offline
Ruze
Location: Weehawken, NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8
Mein Auto: 94 525i, 06 750Li (sold)
NJ Manufacturers. These guys had awesome reviews too, I figured I'd be taken care of by paying the extra premium for them. Guess I'm switching. I've heard good things about Plymouth Rock. Has anybody used them?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM
Robertoflay Robertoflay is offline
Registered User
Location: Nj
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: Audi a7
Hey ruze, I would not recommend Plymouth Rock, they were a smaller company (high point) bought by a larger horrible company palisades... I'm an independent agent in northern nj (Bergen, passaic and Hudson county). After the change to palisades I stopped representing them they have major issues, curious as to what eventually happened as bmw of Bloomfield is right by one of my offices and I'm looking into getting into a new 5
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2013, 04:05 PM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
OZG F10
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 596
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertoflay View Post
Hey ruze, I would not recommend Plymouth Rock, they were a smaller company (high point) bought by a larger horrible company palisades... I'm an independent agent in northern nj (Bergen, passaic and Hudson county). After the change to palisades I stopped representing them they have major issues, curious as to what eventually happened as bmw of Bloomfield is right by one of my offices and I'm looking into getting into a new 5
Bloomfield gives you a good deal every now and then but after you sign the paperwork they do not care. My car is on the ship and they did not know until I forced them to check. They just care about selling the car. My worst car buying experience so far.
__________________

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
zeelimit zeelimit is offline
Registered User
Location: North Jersey
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 2009 635i
Bloomfield BMW

I stopped using them in 1994 even though I lived 1 mile away from them. Every repair (even an oil change) turned out to be a grand. Seems like nothing has changed.

I have been using Motor Works West in Wyckoff since then.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Last Sight's Avatar
Last Sight Last Sight is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruze View Post
NJ Manufacturers. These guys had awesome reviews too, I figured I'd be taken care of by paying the extra premium for them. Guess I'm switching. I've heard good things about Plymouth Rock. Has anybody used them?
My parents had NJ Manufacturers for years and were really happy with them until our 1.5 year old Mazda 3 went up in flames for no reason. Then they just didn't care about helping at all. Additionally, their premiums are FAR above what other companies charge. An 08 Honda Accord I had cost almost $2300/year to insure then I switched to Progressive for ~$1300/year. Progressive was far easier to deal with, more responsive, on top of their game...that's my recommendation

I also bought mine from BMW of Mt. Laurel and had a great experience (don't know about their service dept though). They even forgot to put a license plate bracket on the front of my car, since the car was registered in PA and sold to them, and offered to reimburse me for the cost since I live 1.5hrs away.
__________________
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Last edited by Last Sight; 02-26-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Last Sight's Avatar
Last Sight Last Sight is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
For future reference: dealerrater.com There's a lot of great information there.
__________________
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms