Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Totallytea

Mein Auto: 330i
06 330i won't start

I had 3 codes p1415, p0171, p0174. I ordered o2 sensors from 2 different places, the first one came and after removing the old one, realized the new one wouldn't fit. Against my better judgement, my husband cut the plug end off the old one and soldered it to the new one. Car still ran poorly. Today the car won't start! Could it be due to the o2 sensor or a new problem? Made sure the battery was charged and tried to jump it, but still won't start. The dash lights and idrive come on but no sound at all from the engine.
Ads by Google
Old 02-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
It sounds like it's not "cranking" (in other words the starter isn't turning the engine). Is that true?

If so it probably doesn't have anything to do directly with the O2 sensors, unless your husband has shorted the wires and has killed the battery.

That bit about cutting off the wires and soldering has me concerned that he may have caused a short.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:40 PM
Totallytea

Mein Auto: 330i
Thank you for your reply. It turned out to be a dead battery. My husband didn't solder the o2 sensor while it was on the vehicle. The plastic end connections just didn't fit so he used the one off the old o2 sensor, then put it on the car.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallytea View Post
Thank you for your reply. It turned out to be a dead battery. My husband didn't solder the o2 sensor while it was on the vehicle. The plastic end connections just didn't fit so he used the one off the old o2 sensor, then put it on the car.
Glad to hear it was just a dead battery.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallytea View Post

Oh, dear....are you sure it's delivering the right values? That solder joint has changed resistance, unknown ammt. Wrong probe. You get the idea.