Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: BME 335i Convertible e93
replace steering wheel 2011 335i Convertible

Hi,

I have used search but can't find the precise information I need.

I have a 2011 335i convertible (e93) without the sports package. The steering wheel is three spoke with 8 buttons.

I would like to upgrade to the M steering wheel. I can't get confirmation if the airbag will fit or if I need to buy a new one. The M airbag appears to be compatible with the sport steering wheel. It looks like I have a sport steering wheel but I do not have the sport package. I am confused.

If anyone knows the answer or knows of an excellent guide I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Pretty sure all e93's got sport steering wheel so airbag works with m wheel. Post a pic of a wheel to be sure!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoq View Post
Hi,

I have a 2011 335i convertible (e93) without the sports package. The steering wheel is three spoke with 8 buttons.

I would like to upgrade to the M steering wheel. I can't get confirmation if the airbag will fit or if I need to buy a new one. The M airbag appears to be compatible with the sport steering wheel. It looks like I have a sport steering wheel but I do not have the sport package. I am confused.

If anyone knows the answer or knows of an excellent guide I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

You need to zip by E90POST

Shadetree mechs galore, happy to share, and a body of knowledge you shouldn't underestimate.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 x5 3.0...2009 328i
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Hello there...email the guys out at www.getbmwparts.com. Provide them with the last 7 of your vin, and they will confirm fitment. They have great prices as well, this is where I purchased mine.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Pretty sure all e93's got sport steering wheel so airbag works with m wheel. Post a pic of a wheel to be sure!
yes, the sport steering wheel is standard on the e93. Even on the lowly 328i.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!
I did recently.... bought an M steering on ebay (from sweden) for $300 USD, took it to dealer 30 min later and $50 labour

they put new m steering in kept all the parts (airbag, button etc...) and I have a much better steerign wheel to hold on to

can DIY if you wish.... not hard
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i
2013 VW Golf R - Rising Metallic Blue
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING