Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328XI
Extended Warranty Proof

Hi all,

I have a question about what if any documentation is typical when you purchase a BMW extended warranty? I purchased the BMW Platinum warranty three weeks ago and was expecting to receive some sort of documentation from BMW.

Right now the only documentation I have is a line with the warranty cost on the bill of sale.

Just curious if that's typical or if I should have received some sort of documentation from the dealer or BMW? When I have purchased extended warranties from other car makers in the past I've received a warranty card with several pages of documentation related to what was or wasn't covered.

Thanks,
Todd
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2013, 07:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 328i Tasman Green
I would call the dealer and ask but yes I would think you would receive documentation.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 AM

Mein Auto: m4now M5M3 550 760 335RIP
I believe its auto loaded on the Key Fob. So the times I've been in they plug in my car key and the guy always goes you've got x amount of miles till extended warranty starts and your 4 year is gone.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryburn2011E90 View Post
Hi all,

I have a question about what if any documentation is typical when you purchase a BMW extended warranty? I purchased the BMW Platinum warranty three weeks ago and was expecting to receive some sort of documentation from BMW.

Right now the only documentation I have is a line with the warranty cost on the bill of sale.

Just curious if that's typical or if I should have received some sort of documentation from the dealer or BMW? When I have purchased extended warranties from other car makers in the past I've received a warranty card with several pages of documentation related to what was or wasn't covered.

You should have a receipt. A written warranty confirming terms & conditions should be yours at signing.

Have you asked BMW?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:36 PM

Have you asked BMW?

I asked the dealer and they said they don't give anything, to ask BMW. I sent an email to BMW of NA a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet. I figure for $3500 they should give me some sort of documentation. If I don't hear anymore I'll stop by the dealer and inquire about the key fob having the information stored in it.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Have you asked BMW?

I asked the dealer and they said they don't give anything, to ask BMW. I sent an email to BMW of NA a few days ago, but haven't heard back yet. I figure for $3500 they should give me some sort of documentation. If I don't hear anymore I'll stop by the dealer and inquire about the key fob having the information stored in it.

Live 'n' learn. How did you pay? Credit card, for instance, can be reversed if they decline to provide what you purchased. I'd say stonewalling what you purchased qualifies.

Always ask for a complete written proposal of what they want t'sell. At signing there should be written confirmation of exactly what you are buying. If you paid the dealer, demand same from the dealer.

Mention that if no details are available, you must cancel that order and prob file in small claims for a judgement. Gentle and no blame, you're a good guy but that's just the normal procedure. Post a Yelp evaluation of that dealer's handling of your purchase as they often look to see if their rep's being massaged.

Yup, put it out there in the sun for everyone to see. Don't exaggerate - just the facts, sir. Betcha get a much better response.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:49 PM

Update: After getting no reply from BMW of NA, I called them. They indicated that the dealer should have given me a contract. When I told them the dealer said that I would get something from BMWNA they said they would call them for me. I got a call from the dealer indicating there was a glitch in the system, in that the car had to be "registered" with BMW, which took a few days before the contract could be produced. Anyway, he said he was putting it the mail to me. I didn't get into the part about having asked before and being told by the sales rep to contact BMW of NA.

I paid for the extended warranty as part of the car purchase with a personal check. I really don't think they would try to scam me, but I wanted to make sure something didn't get entered incorrectly, and then wait 4 years to find out.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Update: After getting no reply from BMW of NA, I called them. They indicated that the dealer should have given me a contract. When I told them the dealer said that I would get something from BMWNA they said they would call them for me. I got a call from the dealer indicating there was a glitch in the system, in that the car had to be "registered" with BMW, which took a few days before the contract could be produced. Anyway, he said he was putting it the mail to me. I didn't get into the part about having asked before and being told by the sales rep to contact BMW of NA.

I paid for the extended warranty as part of the car purchase with a personal check. I really don't think they would try to scam me, but I wanted to make sure something didn't get entered incorrectly, and then wait 4 years to find out.

Maybe you've had this experience.

You pay top dollar for an expensive Persian rug...Tabrize.

Then, zip! Out from under your feet it goes, disappearing through a door along with your payment. Glitch indeed.

Anyone know if there's a BMW dealer in Bloomington, IL? Changing hands soon?

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 02-15-2013 at 05:57 PM.