Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E34 (1989 - 1995)

E34 (1989 - 1995)

Old 02-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
Since there seems to be a lot of interest in firearms, some may have interest in a thread the 36's have here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=671848

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold

Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1995 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsled7 View Post
Yeah baby... 10mm Glock, Finger grooves removed for my big mitts 15 year CCW permit holder
Nice sled , I'm waiting on my "rock island " .22 TCM ...

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App
Old 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
Im working full time running an e-waste company and studying business, business management and accounting on top of that, so it doesnt leave a hell of a lot of spare time for other stuff.
60% of my spare time is spent on BMWs in one way or another be it here or in my driveway.
Also enjoy a good political debate, being from New Zealand a country of only 4.3million people in the middle of the Pacific, I believe it does provide and interesting and unbiased outlook on the world as a whole.

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 02-17-2013, 07:44 AM
The Ornery Old Man

Mein Auto: GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ View Post
Im working full time running an e-waste company and studying business, business management and accounting on top of that, so it doesnt leave a hell of a lot of spare time for other stuff.
60% of my spare time is spent on BMWs in one way or another be it here or in my driveway.
Also enjoy a good political debate, being from New Zealand a country of only 4.3million people in the middle of the Pacific, I believe it does provide and interesting and unbiased outlook on the world as a whole.
Yes your addiction is quite obvious I don't know anybody else wih a V12 touring

I am guessing political debate might go really poorly around here. Lots of young people from the east coast and my ornery old self hiding out in the wild west probably do not share the same opinions. Maps clearly show how we elected a communist twice in a row, freaking city people

See... I already can not help myself
'98 750iL '86 325(e)/5
'95 740iL '84 318i/5
Old 02-17-2013, 10:24 AM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

Mein Auto: M50 Big Body
Quote:
Maps clearly show how we elected a communist twice in a row, freaking city people
Oh man. The gauntlet? you just dropped it. As a very recently graduated college student, I going to a State school, My twin sister to NYU, that communist made paying for it possible. My sister is an ICU nurse, should you need medical attention and have a recently graduated nurse, thank that communist for making his/her education possible.

I know there's been a whole lot of hullabaloo about gun rights going around (or so facebook tells me, not being a gun owner... yet) but everybody is afraid of restrictions and obstacle in gun ownership. As this is a car forum, this is the best analogy i can give:

We cant daily drive non-street legal cars, or say an M3 GT2. but we're allowed regular cars. people would say, why would you want that? Loud as hell, race suspension, no luxuries, expensive as holy hell... and we would say "BECAUSE RACECAR!" that racecar could be an AK or an AR that we wont be allowed to own, but a 9mm would be the E34; more tame, reasonable, and we can have it.

You want to cry about not being able to go into a gun shop and walking out with a new toy? you dont walk into a car dealership and drive a car off the lot in 15 min after paying, at least not without dealer fees or a trip to the DMV. sometimes privileges need to be documented. If you're not a terrorist or planning to kill somebody, what difference does it make having to get a permit and a license? you had to wait 16years for the privilege to drive a car on public streets, you can wait six months for a purchasing licenses, or a carry permit.

that communist isn't taking your guns away anymore than the EPA is taking your horsepower away. He hiked up Social Security on me, a 23 year old man, that I will never see again. And i still voted for him. I wouldn't bash the leader of the free world no matter how you feel about him. He still commands respect and I'd appreciate it if you observed that.

I have medical insurance and coverage because i work for a global leader in the industry, UPS. being an educated (thanks Obama) Financial Analyst, I have landed a terribly secure position with the United Parcel Service, a traditionally conservative company. Being a libertarian, I'm all about allowing people their rights, and the least government intervention. You guys want your guns? F*** YEAH! Me too, I'll be buying a 12-gauge pump action for home protection this year. But i'm not going to whine about having to get a purchasing license, and all the other hoops we jump through to obtain these things, just like i don't whine about HAVING to register my car for a fee or HAVING to insure it at a price determined by my abilities to operate a car or my social echelon.

the fact of the matter is people CAN and DO live their lives as they please, and like to complain about the leader of the greatest country in the world. You all DO have your guns, you DO have your health, you DO have your cars, and from the very first post in this thread to here, it seems like we're all having a good time.

Enjoy yourselves gentlemen, lifes too short to complain about the performance of the person with the most difficult job on the planet.

EDIT: Saw the middle part of your post about young East-coasters and being a touchy subject. Dually noted...

1995 525iA 250k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi
2014 F-150 0k mi

Instagram: @Titan_E34
Snapchat: Titan_E34

Last edited by Monsignor; 02-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:54 PM

Mein Auto: 1995 525i
You guys are tooo funny , how did this thread end up political LOL ... From what's else is your interest to communism hahahahahahaha . Ahhhh I love this forum . And still have a common interest ( BMW )

Sent from my Desire HD using Bimmer App
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 PM
My other ride is ur wife

Mein Auto: 535is-m
We love our German motors, just be happy with the fact we don't have to love them whilst speaking like zee germans!! World leaders are the same all over no matter who is in charge, it's not worth getting upset over because they don't give a **** about any of us personally.. I agree that life is short, too short to be letting a bunch of corrupt politicians get under our skin... Crank up the stereo and plant the foot lads!!

Get in, sit down, hang on, shut up!!

Last edited by DanM5; 02-17-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Josh

Mein Auto: 95 540i m sport
Let's leave the politics out of this subforum please. There's a whole subforum on this site dedicated to this subject.

Last edited by M540FELLA; 02-18-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:54 AM
The Ornery Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsignor View Post
Oh man. The gauntlet? you just dropped it. As a very recently graduated college student, I going to a State school, My twin sister to NYU, that communist made paying for it possible. My sister is an ICU nurse, should you need medical attention and have a recently graduated nurse, thank that communist for making his/her education possible.
Explain to me exactly how the communist made this possible? I am the only child of five that didn't finish college with a degree. The communist didn't do anything to educate my siblings. People have been going to college for centuries before this clown took office.

What he did do is take away the free market student loans and now the govt controls them. If you think this is a good thing then you are still a bit confused IMO.

Both of my parents have been in the mediacal profession, my step father for 40 YEARS, umm none of that provided by the communist.

You and your sister made education work for yourselves, the communist just made it harder to find work by making it ungodly expensive to have employees.

Quote:
I know there's been a whole lot of hullabaloo about gun rights going around (or so facebook tells me, not being a gun owner... yet) but everybody is afraid of restrictions and obstacle in gun ownership. As this is a car forum, this is the best analogy i can give:

We cant daily drive non-street legal cars, or say an M3 GT2. but we're allowed regular cars. people would say, why would you want that? Loud as hell, race suspension, no luxuries, expensive as holy hell... and we would say "BECAUSE RACECAR!" that racecar could be an AK or an AR that we wont be allowed to own, but a 9mm would be the E34; more tame, reasonable, and we can have it.
You have bought the hype. Explain to me the difference between an Ak or AR style rifle and a Remington 7600 hunting rifle... In almost all availible calibers the Remington is more powerful. It goes bang everytime you pull the trigger, it uses magazines to hold multiple rounds. The ONLY difference is the HYPE. Fully auto weapons aready have licensing restrictions most folks have no interest in. There is only a gun problem because it is politically expedient. Take away the guns, kill the people. I assume you have had history courses, did they not list all of the genocide conducted by corrupt leaders immediately after taking away guns? The is the clear path of the communist.

Quote:
You want to cry about not being able to go into a gun shop and walking out with a new toy? you dont walk into a car dealership and drive a car off the lot in 15 min after paying, at least not without dealer fees or a trip to the DMV. sometimes privileges need to be documented. If you're not a terrorist or planning to kill somebody, what difference does it make having to get a permit and a license? you had to wait 16years for the privilege to drive a car on public streets, you can wait six months for a purchasing licenses, or a carry permit.
I am not crying anywhere about these things, not sure who is... Clearly a polite society needs some guidlines. You have not been a contributing member of society long enough to understand much of this but, the rules are becoming considerably more opressive as this administration continues its reign, as you acknowledge in the next paragraph.

Quote:
that communist isn't taking your guns away anymore than the EPA is taking your horsepower away. He hiked up Social Security on me, a 23 year old man, that I will never see again. And i still voted for him. I wouldn't bash the leader of the free world no matter how you feel about him. He still commands respect and I'd appreciate it if you observed that.
Ummm, he is in charge of the EPA as well last I checked. They have thousands of new regulations put in place during the communists regime, most aimed at further degrading our manufacturing capacity and global competitiveness. RESPECT is earned, the communist community organizer who has NEVER created a job for another in his life is in WAY over his head.

Quote:
I have medical insurance and coverage because i work for a global leader in the industry, UPS. being an educated (thanks Obama) Financial Analyst, I have landed a terribly secure position with the United Parcel Service, a traditionally conservative company. Being a libertarian,
You simply do not understand the word if you voted for the communist and think you are a libertarian. Ron Paul was the closest to a libertarian in the last race. Obammy is so far from a libertarian it isn't even funny. He wants to be king of this tyranny, hadly interested in our liberty.

I once worked at UPS, HUGE union company, conservative my a$$.

Quote:
I'm all about allowing people their rights, and the least government intervention. You guys want your guns? F*** YEAH! Me too, I'll be buying a 12-gauge pump action for home protection this year. But i'm not going to whine about having to get a purchasing license, and all the other hoops we jump through to obtain these things, just like i don't whine about HAVING to register my car for a fee or HAVING to insure it at a price determined by my abilities to operate a car or my social echelon.

the fact of the matter is people CAN and DO live their lives as they please, and like to complain about the leader of the greatest country in the world. You all DO have your guns, you DO have your health, you DO have your cars, and from the very first post in this thread to here, it seems like we're all having a good time.

Enjoy yourselves gentlemen, lifes too short to complain about the performance of the person with the most difficult job on the planet.

EDIT: Saw the middle part of your post about young East-coasters and being a touchy subject. Dually noted...
I was going to keep going but it is a bit pointless. I hope as you grow older you ditch the rose colored glasses and realize the clown in charge is the most dangerous man this country has ever seen. He is coming for your freedoms, if you do not see that train coming down the tracks, it is liable to run you down.
'98 750iL '86 325(e)/5
'95 740iL '84 318i/5
Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

okay. i'd love to answer all those points. members are right though. we should keep politics out of it. Andy will go deleting and locking soon lol

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, snowsled. The only thing i love more than my cars are my dogs. Little ankle biters haha.

1995 525iA 250k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi
2014 F-150 0k mi

Old 02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
The Ornery Old Man

Happy to debate you in the politics section though

Agreed on no more here.

I screwed up and didn't bring the camera yesterday on my snowsled adventure

Kind of a comical day with a broken steering post, welded up by my buddy at the state shop down the road, back on the snow until my arms were like noodles.

Picked up a new tow rig on Sat, pics to come
'98 750iL '86 325(e)/5
'95 740iL '84 318i/5
Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 320i M52 1996
I didn't know that you loved Ron Paul. Snowsled7 for President ! lolol

I personally don't think either democrats or Republicans have America's best interests at heart. One is a communist, and the guy before him went to war on trumped up charges and failed to resign when no WMDs were found. Both parties take so much money from lobbyists and special interest groups, that they are tainted either way. I would have voted for anyone other than a Republican or a Democrat.

I think this article says it perfectly, and would you believe that it was written 19 years ago :

545 vs. 300,000,000 People, By Charlie Reese

http://www.examiner.com/article/char...n-d-c-operates
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered User

Mein Auto: 1990 BMW 525i
From snowmobiling to politics? In only two pages too.

Well last weekend I went out fourwheeling Saturday, then snomobiling Sunday. I just wish I went riding where you went, that must've been awesome!

Mileage: 250k
Old 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM
E34 Converted E30 Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to _Ethrty-Andy_
Mein Auto: E34 Touring AC Schnitzer
i shouldnt have said anything, my apologies. though i did specifically not mention which side im on.

Though in saying that, we dont have an E34 OT thread like some other subforums do....

E30 above Sold

E34 V12 Project Thread Here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...=502437&page=4
Last updated 2nd January 2014
Old 02-19-2013, 07:35 AM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ethrty-Andy_ View Post
we dont have an E34 OT thread like some other subforums do....
this should be it. Sticky it and rename it

1995 525iA 250k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi
2014 F-150 0k mi

Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Josh

Yeah we need an o.t. thread, really. It's not a bad thing...
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm from NJ. So What!?!

Mein Auto: What they Drive
These pics of firearms makes me said

Mostly because I had to sell mine when I moved back to New Jersey.
(just another reason why I hate Jersey)

But I still have m CC permit from GA
Can't wait to head back.

BTW Sled Nice ghostriding pic

Every once in a while the Lion has to show the Jackals who he is...
- Christopher Walken "The Lion Speech"
95 e34 525 5 spd S52 Swap... The new Garden State Grocery Getter projekt.

Last edited by MySatinDoll; 02-19-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

I see you're selling the car. any particular reason? gettng something else?

1995 525iA 250k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi
2014 F-150 0k mi

Old 02-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm from NJ. So What!?!

Quote:

I have medical insurance and coverage because i work for a global leader in the industry, UPS. being an educated (thanks Obama) Financial Analyst, I have landed a terribly secure position with the United Parcel Service, a traditionally conservative company. Being a libertarian, I'm all about allowing people their rights, and the least government intervention. You guys want your guns? F*** YEAH! Me too, I'll be buying a 12-gauge pump action for home protection this year. But i'm not going to whine about having to get a purchasing license, and all the other hoops we jump through to obtain these things, just like i don't whine about HAVING to register my car for a fee or HAVING to insure it at a price determined by my abilities to operate a car or my social echelon.

Quote:
Explain to me exactly how the communist made this possible? I am the only child of five that didn't finish college with a degree. The communist didn't do anything to educate my siblings. People have been going to college for centuries before this clown took office.

What he did do is take away the free market student loans and now the govt controls them. If you think this is a good thing then you are still a bit confused IMO.

Both of my parents have been in the mediacal profession, my step father for 40 YEARS, umm none of that provided by the communist.

You and your sister made education work for yourselves, the communist just made it harder to find work by making it ungodly expensive to have employees.

You have bought the hype. Explain to me the difference between an Ak or AR style rifle and a Remington 7600 hunting rifle... In almost all availible calibers the Remington is more powerful. It goes bang everytime you pull the trigger, it uses magazines to hold multiple rounds. The ONLY difference is the HYPE. Fully auto weapons aready have licensing restrictions most folks have no interest in. There is only a gun problem because it is politically expedient. Take away the guns, kill the people. I assume you have had history courses, did they not list all of the genocide conducted by corrupt leaders immediately after taking away guns? The is the clear path of the communist.

I am not crying anywhere about these things, not sure who is... Clearly a polite society needs some guidlines. You have not been a contributing member of society long enough to understand much of this but, the rules are becoming considerably more opressive as this administration continues its reign, as you acknowledge in the next paragraph.

Ummm, he is in charge of the EPA as well last I checked. They have thousands of new regulations put in place during the communists regime, most aimed at further degrading our manufacturing capacity and global competitiveness. RESPECT is earned, the communist community organizer who has NEVER created a job for another in his life is in WAY over his head.

You simply do not understand the word if you voted for the communist and think you are a libertarian. Ron Paul was the closest to a libertarian in the last race. Obammy is so far from a libertarian it isn't even funny. He wants to be king of this tyranny, hadly interested in our liberty.

I once worked at UPS, HUGE union company, conservative my a$$.

I was going to keep going but it is a bit pointless. I hope as you grow older you ditch the rose colored glasses and realize the clown in charge is the most dangerous man this country has ever seen. He is coming for your freedoms, if you do not see that train coming down the tracks, it is liable to run you down.
Voice of reason.

Politicians are crooks, scam artists, and evanglistic proprietors of crap.
If they really cared for the people of this country they'd be for the people not themselves or underpinning agendas.

I'm not into politics, my association between the parties is of my choice and I feel I follow in great detail.

So here's my take.

It's a game boys and girls.

A game with influences greater than us. So at the end of the day our political views don't mean squat.
It's just a way to separate us by using agruments about who's better, who's right and wrong.
Kind of like the Coca Cola vs. Pepsi debate and just as heated.
(or maybe the m5 vs 540m-sport debate)
Guess what nobody wins. Everything remains the same just different players hop into the spotlight.

We live under a political dictatorship built on propaganda and greed.

I should know I live in Freakin Jersey.

Ok my foot fell through my soapbox. I'm going to take a massive poop now.

Last edited by MySatinDoll; 02-19-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM
I'm from NJ. So What!?!

Quote:
I see you're selling the car. any particular reason? gettng something else?
Yes it's for sale. Nothing more than a need for a bigger car and dare I say a autotragic.

I'm looking at few e38 short sports.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm from NJ. So What!?!

We need a OT thread.
No politics or religion though

Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm from NJ. So What!?!

Dare I say a E34 OT thread...No cussin, fussin Just everything else

Figured someone try to start one.

Why not me

I'm sure everyone knows the rules of the forum.
So none need to be reverberated.

Enjoy.

Last edited by MySatinDoll; 02-19-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:04 PM
BMW CCA Memeber #445389

We should just rename and sticky sleds thread. Keep the politics out, its already got a good start

Sent from Joe's Galaxy Tab 2 via BimmerApp

1995 525iA 250k mi
2003 350Z 88k mi
2014 F-150 0k mi

Old 02-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySatinDoll View Post
Yes it's for sale. Nothing more than a need for a bigger car and dare I say a autotragic.

I'm looking at few e38 short sports.
Ohh I want e38 sport so hard. There's one around here that is a dead ringer for the M-sport. Did you see the one Brent(Transportador) picked up? So jelly
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Josh