Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-17-2013, 07:35 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 323i
south park is close now start it not when the rpms move but the speedo but thanks for more honesty than the other guys ding ding you will see jonesin that's crazy lol. my car never did 9.2 to 60 stock. sources say 8 is more of a rounded number but not my car lol

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
No, that says 8.7 0-60.

9.2 is for 0-62.5. (100 km/h)

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM

wow are you sure us versions not euro because ive had my car bone stock and never got that lol!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
and why would we even try to compare a speedo to speedo starting @ 20mph?? (or am i not understanding what you are saying??)

bottom line, we are not saying your car is slow. (where's lola when you need her...) we're just saying that there is no way that your car can do what you claim it can do with the mods as described.

what is so hard about that to understand??

and as for the times, i think that 7 seconds is about right, which is a far cry from the 5.6/5.8 that you have claimed.

as stated, if it were *this* easy to get speed out of the e36, it would be done to just about every one on this forum. trust me, bmw's are not cheap to mod for serious horsepower.

so please, unless you can post verifiable proof (such as a track timeslip, for instance) that will time with far greater accuracy than a camera video on youtube, you are not going to convince any of us of your claims.

and lern ta speel, dood....

df
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM

dude honestly do it from 0 mph if you want and compare I was giving you guys a point were we can all agree start it where you want and southpark11235 was close he even said 6.4 so your "claim" of 7 seconds is way way off. maybe the mods I put on doesn't prove it but if you were in my car and saw my mods you would change your opinion. but your not so therefore re time it and do it right because ive had other people do it and they get 5.8-6.0 seconds rounded as well. so im sorry your wrong and ive gone a lot faster than that with it try double that and a video should be good enough

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:09 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Tehemoc (or whatever his name was) is back with a new user name! Welcome back dood!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:13 PM

jonesin exactly lmaoo whats so hard jus look at the vid right lol so much proving
Old 02-17-2013, 08:16 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Easier way to do this. Where are you in NY?

Old 02-17-2013, 08:19 PM

I live on long island Suffolk county. I don't think ur coming down from Canada lol. look at the vids dude nothing else to say time it right
Old 02-17-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoliver2 View Post
dude honestly do it from 0 mph if you want and compare I was giving you guys a point were we can all agree start it where you want and southpark11235 was close he even said 6.4 so your "claim" of 7 seconds is way way off. maybe the mods I put on doesn't prove it but if you were in my car and saw my mods you would change your opinion. but your not so therefore re time it and do it right because ive had other people do it and they get 5.8-6.0 seconds rounded as well. so im sorry your wrong and ive gone a lot faster than that with it try double that and a video should be good enough
like, omg, dood.....get your "you're" and "your" right, ok?? your writing makes my head hurt...

and unless you have owned the car from new, how can you verify that nothing was done to the vehicle prior to your ownership?? for all we know there could have been a reflash to the pcm and tcm. i think that a 6.4 is generous, and even alex himself stated this was what he more or less guesstimated and raised a red flag that *something* is amiss. (that means 'not quite adding up', just in case....)

again, not calling your car slow, but c'mon....you're in a vert (heaviest version e36 made), auto (), and *only* have minimal mods, yet somehow expect us to believe that your car is faster than an //M3 with *how many miles??

that's like running into a lab and stating that you have discovered cold fusion. you may fool some of the common people outside of the lab but none of your collegues will buy it.

and yes, as a matter of fact we *are* enthusiests, and enjoy mods on a car (tasteful ones, at least...), and would *love* for someone to come up with a bonafide way to get more speed, power, handling, etc..., out of our cars without having to spend something along the lines of $200 @hp to get there.

ram air will not do it. as karl stated, you could run multiple ducts of air into the intake, but it all has to pass through the afm and throttle plate. both are restrictions that will choke the incoming charge. it's basic cfm/airflow math. even with the best flowing of exhausts, one cannot expect to drop anything close to 2 seconds off their 0-60 times on an e36.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
i forget who has this as a sig but i love it!!

df

Last edited by drivinfaster; 02-17-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
The Canadian Prick.

This is a call for Frank. Our resident Long Island 'Fester. He lives in Copiague. He also has one of the fastest Non-FI E36's I've ever seen. His car isn't quite stock and a far cry from an autotragic 'Vert.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I live on long island Suffolk county. I don't think ur coming down from Canada lol. look at the vids dude nothing else to say time it right
uh....yeah, new guy. listen, don't mess with ed. call him out and you just may find yourself face to face with a toque-wearing, machete weilding, tim horton's eating, moose-wrangling, crazy canadian who'll appologize profusely before kicking your tail all the way to coney island and back.

just warnin ya...

df
Old 02-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
This is a call for Frank. Our resident Long Island 'Fester. He lives in Copiague. He also has one of the fastest Non-FI E36's I've ever seen. His car isn't quite stock and a far cry from an autotragic 'Vert.
bt he doesn't have dual ram airz.............

yo

df
Old 02-17-2013, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
Tehemoc (or whatever his name was) is back with a new user name! Welcome back dood!
Who? Can you post a link to the thread(s).

I still what to know if he ether A faked the video or B how he got a 323ic to go form not to 60 in 7 seconds.

BTW my name is Alex

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM

honestly "dood" ur typing is horrible "lern ta sped dood" really and I don't need some guy named ed to tell me if my car is fast or not like seriously. I have a video in the past and I got it a second down. you really should just stop telling me all this negativity and I never stated my car was faster than an m3. im sure to 100 it will beat me obviously I was saying its close to it. the intake filters on my car are like a foot in length each and when I change my intake from 2 to 3 inch, there was a dramatic increase in power! i must have a special 323i I wish you can see it for yourself it will shut you up very fast with all your technical talking. and it has 142,000 miles on it with a great automatic. by the way what car do you have? and whats amiss with my video would you like me to show you the badge that says323i then get back in the car ? you must have a stopwatch back in the 1930s if your getting 7 seconds come on really ! and alex it is a 323ic ? and it does roughly 6 seconds just no more doubting thanks

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Hilarious.

Go on....

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 PM

go on ? with what more facts just leave then. you origionally posed way back and gave me great advice and I thank you for that but your agreeing with drivinfaster I can see but until your in the driver seat pushing the pedal down you know nothing thanks. I understand its hard tthnkso believe. but believe it. online it beat a 328i my car and some other guy posted a 0-100 from a 1998 bmw 323is stick and was very fast like 5 second id check it out before denying us thanks
Old 02-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Yep, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for. YouTube racing. Awesome.

The reason why you're getting so much push back is because we've been playing the E36 game for years. We drive them, build them, mod them, race them, etc., and have been doing so for a long while. This provides us with the distinct ability to smell BS a thousand miles away.

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 PM

heres a video I found on youtube critsize this its a stick and sounds bad but still a 323is with mods. I just found it searching youtube

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM

you may smell your own bs but ive proved it many times and im not doing it again believe what you want. ive raced people that do 6 seconds to 60 like what do you want me to drive to your house and show you dam.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
Hilarious.

Go on....
dude, you posed?? why didn't you tell me??!! i would have gotten my sketchpad...(which i do, btw...) we coulda had ourselves some great drawings of you spread eagle-like on the hood of an e36. it woulda made chad jealous, for sure!!

i guess the op simply doesn't get it...i guess he paid as much attention in reading comprehension as he did in spelling class.

it's late, my head hurts, and in all honesty, this is wearing thin. we (the regulars) know what is and isn't possible with these cars as we have either done it ourselves or know first hand people that have done the tried and true go fast parts. i have to remember this is the interwebz and everyone has a fast car, makes twice as much as me (which can't be too difficult to do....), is 6'4", perfect teeth and a dog that actually serves them tea.

since i am obviously unable to compete with that due to my less than stellar, slacker, wanna-be playa life, i shall crawl back to my little hole in the wall exhistence and simply cry myself to sleep tonigh.

unless, of course, ed wishes to come over with his stuffed moose pillow and read me a bedtime story....

df
Old 02-17-2013, 09:21 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
We drive them, build them, mod them, race them, etc., and have been doing so for a long while. This provides us with the distinct ability to smell BS a thousand miles away.
And do you know how many bull riding places there are in the U.S., it really is not a pleasant ability to have. But it does come in handy sniffing out people like agoliver2.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
you may smell your own bs but ive proved it many times and im not doing it again believe what you want. ive raced people that do 6 seconds to 60 like what do you want me to drive to your house and show you dam.
karl lives near a dam??

sorry, it was that or let the grammar nazi out, and i really, really don't feel like ruining another noob hammer. i just got it back from the shop last week and really would like to try to keep it undamaged for at least another week or two, if at all possible.

df
Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM

drivin faster you posted once before on my forum with great help. YOur jut not understanding and southpark what do you mean sniff me out like if anything the people should read this forum and sniff all your negativity and bull**** out that you guys say. like you guys should be supporting me gosh I feel like I would be on a Mercedes benz forum posting my 323ic on with all this negativity im getting dam. I asked a simple question and ive been on this forum since the beginning of 2011 so newer that you southpark11235 who claims he can sniff people out with what? your own bs. im getting tired of this I guess you didnt watch the other video I just posted where's the criticism on that. that's what I thought like just accept it and be happy like really. instead of negativety that's what it does ive proved it to you cmon "dood" if anything your ruining your own reputation by denying proof right in front of you so you can go back to the shop I guess I have a unique one watch the vid above from someone else. you are doubting everything I gave you 2 videos man.

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-17-2013 at 09:55 PM.