Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-18-2013, 08:24 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
I will try to simplify this process for you.

Your car cannot do 5.6 seconds 0-60 with the modifications that you have claimed.

Full Stop.

End of story.
ed, just stop it with yer technical crap. it's his car, and he drives it, so we have no basis to doubt him.

i for one have been converted. since seeing the light, i myself have been so inspired to do similar to cadence. just wait til bfe...you'll all be green with jealousy when i whoop up on the //M3's and give the //M5's a run for their money.

the e46 and e30 brats will be left behind wondering what awesomness has blasted by them in a blur.

i am *so* excited!!!! can't wait!!!!

df
Old 02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 AM

but it's not even noon!!

btw, that didn't stop me from starting @ 7am when i got up....

df
Old 02-18-2013, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 323i
Excuse me drivin fast whats ur problem man it's steel tubing and it rounds of to 6 to 60 not 5 ? And try it. I've reAd forums on my car and they all say once you take all the restrictive parts off your car it will go faster !! Check it out and critisize them ! Reillym3 try my vid. But no you guys just keep on blabbing !!! It does at least 6 like I've said I've raced people with it ! I know it's a hard concept drivinfast because you've never done it !!! Dood I have videos from before and after so you can just get off your high horse and sit down thanks it knocked off a second to 60 about before and after !! So thanks but you guys just don't win. I have the other video . Go argue with someone else. People always say this cars restrictive but when you remove it you will get significant Gaines ! U won't try the vids c'mon use ur fingers and practice e
Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:38 AM
The Canadian Prick.

I've many many more if needed?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
some kid

Mein Auto: whiny 318
Where in NY are you? I think we can settle this. I'll be driving across the state this week, and I can show you what a 5.5s 0-60 looks like, with a loaded car and 2 passengers.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 AM
The Canadian Prick.

I like this one, first time I've used it

Goes well with this one:

But then, really... They all do.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:47 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.surr View Post
Where in NY are you? I think we can settle this. I'll be driving across the state this week, and I can show you what a 5.5s 0-60 looks like, with a loaded car and 2 passengers.
CJ, he's in Suffolk County Long Island. If possible, have you he and Frank meet?

Old 02-18-2013, 09:13 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
OP, what size tires are you running? You indicated earlier in your post you're on "stock rims" but you didn't state the rim size or tire size.....
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoliver2 View Post
Excuse me drivin fast whats ur problem man it's steel tubing and it rounds of to 6 to 60 not 5 ? And try it. I've reAd forums on my car and they all say once you take all the restrictive parts off your car it will go faster !! Check it out and critisize them ! Reillym3 try my vid. But no you guys just keep on blabbing !!! It does at least 6 like I've said I've raced people with it ! I know it's a hard concept drivinfast because you've never done it !!! Dood I have videos from before and after so you can just get off your high horse and sit down thanks it knocked off a second to 60 about before and after !! So thanks but you guys just don't win. I have the other video . Go argue with someone else. People always say this cars restrictive but when you remove it you will get significant Gaines ! U won't try the vids c'mon use ur fingers and practice e
gee,....do i point out the spelling errors first, or simply start with punctuation and grammar deficiencies??

also, nobody here disputes the fact that the 323 exhaust is restrictive on *any* of the chassis, be they coupe, vert, or sedan. nor do we refute claims of gains (no 'e'...) when this restriction is removed.

we do, however, call when outrageous claims are made, even with 'proof' from youtube. as i stated before, we are not calling your car slow. we do not doubt that you have noticeable improvements to your car by reducing the restrictions that were present.

we simply cannot believe your claims that, 1: your car was faster 0-60 with no mods and 15 years on the road than what the original data states this car was rated at when new, 2: you cut your lower than original 0-60 times by about 40% without forced induction, reflashing, or anything that would be necessary to do so, and 3: are handicaped by a less than stellar automatic transmission. (not that these transmissions cannot be made to be better/faster than their manual counterparts, it just takes more money to do so)

there just is no way that an automatic vert is faster than, or even as fast as, an //M3 with just a dual inlet cold air intake and less restrictive exhaust system. if that were the case then everyone with an //M would be doing this and cutting their 0-60 times in half.

that's ferrari territory.

also, simply racing another car with 0-60 times that you claim are 5.8 seconds means nothing. that's like running up the stairs at the subway and saying you 'beat everybody' to the top.

if you think that we are rough, post this over at bimmerforums and see what happens. those guys would eat you alive and not be so kind about it. at least on this forum there is a level of decorum that is required and we try to keep it from devolving into mudslinging.

your 'proof' amounts to your written claims, and some videos of instrument clusters. on a scale of 1-10, that gets you about a 3 in verifiability.

on 'our side', however, we have multiple sources that state verified and consistent measurements of 0-60 times for not only your chassis but also the chassis of those cars that *do* have a 0-60 time that is in the same scope of what you claim.

so either you are absolutely correct and all of these other sources are wrong, meaning that bmw didn't build the //M3 as fast as it could have been despite the difference in displacement, vanos timing, camshaft profile, and fuel/ignition curve when comapred to your 323ci, (and we have all been duped), or, you may simply be a victim of the butt-dyno and are excided (and blinded) by your newfound speed.

so yes, we are glad to hear that you have made your car faster. kudos. very happy for you.

and yes, we are intrigued by your 'dual ram air' intake that you fabbed up yourself. believe it or not, some of us actually like this sort of ingenuity and would applaud you for it. (we'd also like to see said pics if at all possible to inspire our own possible creativity)

however, not only can we not indulge your delusions, we cannot allow this to continue and be percieved as fact by newbies that are trying to mod their cars to be faster.

there is no shame in being wrong or mistaken in regard to our cars. no one person on this forum knows all things bmw. that is why we have this forum, so we are able to share ideas, experiences, and learn from them. i have been wrong before many times on this forum, but i don't get defensive about it. i can't when the facts have been laid out to prove me wrong. i do, however, learn from it and try not to repeat the same mistake again.

unfortunately, it appears that this thread has shown that you are incapable of making the distinction between emotional response to a circumstance and the physical data that would disprove the basis for your emotional response. rather, you take our responses as an assault to your person and become even more defensive and irrational.

to this point, i see no need to further beat a dead horse.

df
Old 02-18-2013, 09:52 AM

I will just end by saying this drivinfast I respect your answer and your opinions ! If racing another car to 60 that does the same seconds isn't enough then I don't know what is !! Dude I know it seems hard to believe just compare my videos to other videos ! That's all I'm really going to say and I'm not a "newbie" as you say ! You may have worked on cars longer but just like jonesin said way back "the doubt is really simple we all own e36 ers and know exactly how fast or slow are cars are end of story". I will post one more video later comparing my before and after of my car. You will agree there is around a second difference ! It's like trying to teach a bunch of people a foreign language ! It's kind of hard. If you saw it you might believe 6 seconds to 60. I know you've never seen it but there's a first for everything ! Really time it. Your clock must be off I get around 6.1 slowest I've got you get 7 which I can tell you for a fact the cars I've raced don't Do 7. I will hopefully be getting a 2003-2005 m3 soon smg tranny. I will no longer be on this thread. I'm just here for advice and to prove my point of 6 seconds now hopefully that's believable. & drivinfaster. What bimmer do u have btw?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM

I've posted this. But YouTube 1998 bmw 323is 0-100 mph. By miniinverter. 0-60. In 6 seconds 0-100 in 14. Check it out ?? Ill post it later But really drivinfaster say something about that please. Message him that it's fake and bs ?
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Quote:
I've posted this. But YouTube 1998 bmw 323is 0-100 mph. By miniinverter. 0-60. In 6 seconds 0-100 in 14. Check it out ?? Ill post it later But really drivinfaster say something about that please. Message him that it's fake and bs ?
His car is modded and documented.

Sent from my U8651T using Bimmer App

Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM

Yes modded with m50 intake and a couple more goodies. No turbo or anything. But how in the world did he knock like 2.5 seconds off his car ohhh it must be magic right. Cmon
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM

ed, there you go getting all technical and whatnot...

and op, i have owned/own 3 e36's, a 535i, and two v12 seven series, as well as several f bodies (2nd and 3rd gens), a 455 cid powered olds, and a whole host of imports. i have also worked on many vehicles whose finish on the oe calipers was better than the paint on my 2nd 7 series...

just sayin'...

df
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
Quote:
If racing another car to 60 that does the same seconds isn't enough then I don't know what is !
Racing a car with a 6 second not to 60 time and staying neck and neck does not mean your car’s not to 60 time is around 6. There are other variables in a drag race. Like did the drive off the line right. In a four wheel drive car that can be quite difficult. Then did the drive redline every shift. In a street race the drive might not be will to do that. Also did the drive shift every gear fast or slow this can affect time too.

Quote:
I will hopefully be getting a 2003-2005 m3 soon smg tranny
Realy? You are moving from the bad transmission of the e36 to the bad transmission of the e46.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-18-2013, 12:26 PM

Drivenfast. I guess I'm Ed ? And **** you owned alot do you still have them ?? I've heard the 7 series v12 are monsters that you can't kill lol and your reference to brake calipers paint is rather true lol ! And South Park I'm just going based on the knowledge that he had about his car no wheel spin redlined every time I did ! And i shifted myself sometimes it just passes redline automatically which I try to do when racing people It's to bad my car has that wierd 3rd gear which does like a double shift ! And lol I've had no problems with my auto tranny it works great even better when I changed my intake for some reason?? And yea I've heard about the smg trannys and I've heard the smg pump goes. Your screwed. But I don't really know what's wrong with them. You think it's a good investment especially one with like 70-90000 miles I would get ? Idk. I guess making an auto into a manual is confusing?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:51 PM

no, ed is ed. why would i call you ed, unless your name is ed, but then how would i know that?? but if your name *is* ed, since we already have an ed, we'll have to call you co-ed?? nah, then one of you would have to be the she....hmmm....maybe un-ed??

yes. definately. i vote un-ed. any seconds??

df
Old 02-18-2013, 12:53 PM

Um ok I'm not Ed lol and don't really want to be I guess I'm ops. Or grasshoppa or whatever lol. And has "Ed" posted on this thread not that I would know?

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM

well, noob seems to fit better than temoc2.0, but we'll have to do this with a vote.

me?? i still like un-ed.

and yes, ed has given you possibly the very best documentation regarding the potential the e36 has in regard to how fast it actually is or isn't, or could be and what it would need in order to be so.

df

Last edited by drivinfaster; 02-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
nothing.

Mein Auto: 328xi
This thread is so fail.

So yes dual pipes are possible....?

Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight Thirty View Post
This thread is so fail.

So yes dual pipes are possible....?

don't go all ot now....,

df
Old 02-18-2013, 01:41 PM

Ok now which one is Ed. ?? Jonesin. Southpark11235 who ??? And I think it would be lol but low clearance !! Df. Who's Ed on here. Uhm your comment is so fail and late. Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 01:43 PM

will the real ed please stand up??

df