Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 02-18-2013, 03:03 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 323is
"May I have your attention please?
May I have your attention please?
Will the real Ed please stand up?
I repeat, will the real Ed please stand up?"

Jonesin – "'Cause I'm Ed, yes I'm the real Ed
All you other Eds are just imitating
So won't the real Ed please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?"

Does that answer your question agoliver2?

Edit: WTF when I posted this some double post message flashed on my screen for like 2 seconds.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman

Last edited by southpark11235; 02-18-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
I are Ed.

Sent from my U8651T using Bimmer App

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:22 PM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin View Post
I are Ed.

And i are working.

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
Quote:
I are Ed.

this is true.

Quote:
And i are working.

this?? need to post a vid as proof....

preferably next to someone who is also *working*

df
Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 323i
ok so you are mr ed that's nice to know really. and thanks for the Eminem song as if I needed all. Mr ed you surly should know that you get a great benefit from changing the restrictive air box headers and exhaust not to mention my new cat but its a universal. that could get your time down pretty good. I have the before and after video proof. im sure df knows this as well as hes worked on many bmws

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM

well, no,...."mr ed" is a horse, of course, and has waaaaay more money than our canadian friend. i believe the exchange rate is making this gap lesser but there is still a long way to go.

he is also reported to be dead, but i have proof that he is alive and well consuming mimosas and mojitos at an alarming rate. (as an aside, i also can suggest never trying to drink a gelding under the table regardless of how drunk he claims to be...at least that is what i have reportedly heard...)

our ed is a no good slacker of a canadian prick that sucks at french and water polo. he is, however, very good at chauffering aroung in an african dictators car. this is another reason not to ever call him out on anything. unless, of course, you wish to pet a lion. from the inside.

of course i have already said too much, so i will simply leave this.....oh, wait,.....someone's at the door....

brb, k??

i go now to vacation. to be have a fun good time. may go and be for long time not here. do not worry or send help. i am vacation only.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM

lmaoo really wow that's very descriptive of you and how you described him as a dead horse.. but don't go on vacation too long I need my daily laughs from this interesting thread considering it was right below the official e 36 ot thread with 2 million views. I think they should have a look as well
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoliver2 View Post
ok so you are mr ed that's nice to know really. and thanks for the Eminem song as if I needed all. Mr ed you surly should know that you get a great benefit from changing the restrictive air box headers and exhaust not to mention my new cat but its a universal. that could get your time down pretty good. I have the before and after video proof. im sure df knows this as well as hes worked on many bmws
I can tell you for a fact that Ed is NOT surly! Like those of us who have spent YEARS on this subforum helping people with real problems he just has a low BS threshold and responds accordingly.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_wright View Post
I can tell you for a fact that Ed is NOT surly! Like those of us who have spent YEARS on this subforum helping people with real problems he just has a low BS threshold and responds accordingly.
surely you have video proof of this statement....i know, i know....quit calling you shirley...

you just don't have to be so surly about it...

ain't engrish lotsa fun?
df
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM

yea comin froma mann that caynt speayk properr engliysh himseylf dood. & I do have the before and after mr df
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM

mr df please respond. It must of had some magical pixie dust coming from fairy land or something right? and uprades too time it some guy I found on youtube. its very possible my friend of course its a stick df
Old 02-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Warm Leatherette

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW 328is
Isn't this the video you posted before going downhill?

1998 BMW 328is
1966 Pontiac GTO
2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5-door
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
For sale: E30/E36 front sway links
For sale: OEM E36 328 catback
Old 02-18-2013, 05:40 PM
D'oh, You kids!

Mein Auto: 1995 318is / 1993 325is
Showing someone else's modded car proves NOTHING about yours.

Honestly, this discussion is like trying to push a chain.
buying a ratty example (of a BMW) is a parasitic relationship.(and you ain't the mosquito) 7pilot

Ken Kanne, Silverhill, AL, E36 Forum Mod/Craigslist addict/Hoarder of all sorts of stuff
BMW-CCA #441426
1995 318is "Bebe"; 1993 325is "Elvira" 1985 635CSi "Katja" 1984 633CSi "Sylvia"
HAVE I HAD MY MEDS YET?

Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGerman View Post
Isn't this the video you posted before going downhill?
do you mean in his car, or are you talking about this thread?? it's hard to tell the difference, really....

df
Old 02-18-2013, 05:41 PM

no this is another 323i I found on youtube. my other downhill one did 4.7 to 60 way back in the beginning of the forum. This is a 323is with m50 intake swap and some other goodies. but still proving it goes exceptionally fast for a 2.5 that you guys claim does like 8.5
Old 02-18-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornhospital View Post
Showing someone else's modded car proves NOTHING about yours.

Honestly, this discussion is like trying to push a chain.
hey,...i've done that....

of course, it was welded together and was part of a metaphorical skit we did in theatre group. but i digress, because i have neither been in a theatre group or a skit.

i have, however, looked up videos on youtube about this, so that's like the same thing, right??

df
Old 02-18-2013, 05:45 PM

im talking but how his car is fast with the same identical engine just an m 50 swap. he does like 5 second to 60 and 14 to 100 with
AFE CAI

M50 intake manifold

328 exhaust

asc delete

fan delete

bav auto coil packs

When I sold***65279; the car it had all that and a 3.23 lsd from a m3, m3 ZF tranny, all m3 brakes, coil overs, and a 540 hfm.

It screwed pretty good for a 323is
he stated above its still the same engine what im tryin to prove is what you are saying In how you guys are saying that the 323is could never accomplish this without dumping your bank into it he does have nice upgrades though your above post makes no sense really? im assuming its another sarcastic childish remark

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Quote:
yea comin froma mann that caynt speayk properr engliysh himseylf dood. & I do have the before and after mr df
When DF writes like that he is being ironic. When you do it, it is because you are too lazy/stupid to use the English langue system properly.

“We got about ten minutes before this entire county is up in flames. If you want to live, you’d better step on the gas! Oh wait is this a Tesla? Sh!t! Well, step on the prissy pedal, we're going to die!” – Cartman
Old 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM

yea sure sounds more sarcastic to me. I see no irony there at all sorry. I just see dumbness and idiocy because hes relating my youtube video to welding and **** lol this guy makes me laugh

Last edited by agoliver2; 02-18-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:15 PM

from what i understand, the 540 maf isn't exactly a plug-n-play, and a better unit is the porsche unit.

the coil packs are crap from what i have seen reported by the guys that have run them. apparently they like to ghost misfire often, causing severe frustration to the owner who is wracking his brain to rectify the issue.

the 328 exhaust flows better than the 323 unit.

is this also in a very with an automatic?? or is it a coupe with a manual??

again, nobody has said that a 323ci will not be faster with a less restrictive exhaust. we simply question your claims that you made on how your car was never as slow as what the data suggests as well as how much of a performance upgrade your custom super duper intergalactic dual ram air intake made.

there is no way that a car that on average is about 0-60 in >8seconds will become a 6> second car with the mods that you have put forth. that's reaching into //M3 territory.

again, as stated by alex, this doesn't add up. i have looked at the one video (because downhill videos are simply silly when trying to prove a point on how fast the car is....if that were the case, i have a shopping cart that will go even faster,......off a cliff) and i cannot state for certain your precise time, other than it appears to be ~7 seconds.

this is because, as i have stated before, there is no acceptable standardization of the exact 'start' time, or an accurate depiction of the '60ph' mark being attained. your rantign and raving about what cars you have driven and how many similarly fast 0-60 cars you have 'raced' prove nothing. this is, after all the interwebz, and we *all* drive racecars.

so no, until you can prove with the standards acceptable to the sources that state the facts as tested, it will remain entirely in your head that the butt dyno is as accurate as your statements.

again, not saying you didn''t make your car faster, you just didn't make it //M3 fast by an intake and exhaust...

df
Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
yea sure sounds more sarcastic to me. I see no irony there at all sorry.
By porously using improper grammar and spelling to criticize improper grammar and spelling he is being ironic.
irony
sarcasm

Quote:
I just see dumbness and idiocy because hes relating my youtube video to welding and **** lol this guy makes me laugh
He was making a joke about the "like trying to push a chain" expression. Why the hell would he say all that in reference to your YouTube video? You just don't get it.

Edit: I just got the double post message again. Is anyone else getting this too?

Last edited by southpark11235; 02-18-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM

I understand and his car is a 323is coupe I think manual by the shifting pretty sure. and df what would be acceptable proof to you besides a video that in my opinion does proof enough. I think my car was faster than standard specifications. 323i exhaust might be a tad bigger than 328 but 328 has dual exhausts. again I was just showing the sheer performance of my car down an incline and you have to admit it was impressive.

Would you like me to time it or what other proof do you want that doesn't include me spending 200 dollars to prove a point that in my opinion I thing has already been proven. My cousins car does 6.1 to 60 and we were tired.
once again I know 2 cars with the same 0-60 time is not proof but I think it does. its like saying 2 cars on a drag strip are neck and neck and get the same quarter mile time..... but they are different cars therefore weight and motor and all the other stuff. but they do the same quarter mile just it cant be there different cars omg. that's basically what your saying which In my opinion is kind of absurd. Its just dumb!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:39 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dc_wright
Mein Auto: '96 328iC, '04 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivinfaster View Post
surely you have video proof of this statement....i know, i know....quit calling you shirley...

you just don't have to be so surly about it...

ain't engrish lotsa fun?
df
I dated a girl in high school who's father was named Shirley, does that count?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:42 PM
some kid

Mein Auto: whiny 318
Quote:
I understand and his car is a 323is coupe I think manual by the shifting pretty sure. and df what would be acceptable proof to you besides a video that in my opinion does proof enough. I think my car was faster than standard specifications. 323i exhaust might be a tad bigger than 328 but 328 has dual exhausts. again I was just showing the sheer performance of my car down an incline and you have to admit it was impressive.

Would you like me to time it or what other proof do you want that doesn't include me spending 200 dollars to prove a point that in my opinion I thing has already been proven. My cousins car does 6.1 to 60 and we were tired.
once again I know 2 cars with the same 0-60 time is not proof but I think it does. its like saying 2 cars on a drag strip are neck and neck and get the same quarter mile time..... but they are different cars therefore weight and motor and all the other stuff. but they do the same quarter mile just it cant be there different cars omg. that's basically what your saying which In my opinion is kind of absurd. Its just dumb!
A video of your own car would help... Just so we can settle this, and you can realize that your car is slow. And downhill doesn't count...

Old 02-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '91 E30
here is the picture from one of the catalytic converters from 328i mid section, element is only 2.5 inch wide, exhaust from the 3 cylinders is hitting this element at an sharp angle. Flow of this will equal straight 1.5 inch pipe. This is horrible.