Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive
CarFax is horrible

So my friend is selling his car and bought 5 carfax reports and asked if I wanted to used two on my cars. Well both of my reports says that my cars have had 3 owners. Which is B.S. since I ordered the car made from Germany. It seems every time I moved states and got a new title they count that as a new owner. Now this is done on both cars and the funny thing is one of them says issuing new Title moved out of state and they still counted that as a new driver.

Plus my buddy who got rust repaired under warranty his report said damage/Accident major 1500+ or something like that for the repair.

For something that people use for information to buy or sell a car it does not seem very accurate.

2009 335i xDrive MT

If there isn't three pedals then you are not really driving.
Ads by Google
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
I won't buy your car. I'd never buy a car owned by more than 2 people

Get it walnut blasted by the way, unreal oil in the valves on mine.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Salz und Pfeffer

Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3 View Post
So my friend is selling his car and bought 5 carfax reports and asked if I wanted to used two on my cars. Well both of my reports says that my cars have had 3 owners. Which is B.S. since I ordered the car made from Germany. It seems every time I moved states and got a new title they count that as a new owner. Now this is done on both cars and the funny thing is one of them says issuing new Title moved out of state and they still counted that as a new driver.

Plus my buddy who got rust repaired under warranty his report said damage/Accident major 1500+ or something like that for the repair.

For something that people use for information to buy or sell a car it does not seem very accurate.
I had 2 comprehensive claims on my previous car, both times the car was hit while parked, both times it was repaired with an average 7K in damage each. Guess what, it never showed up on the carfax.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:05 AM
Paraglide! Walk on air!

Mein Auto: 2010 335i Coupe 6MT
When I was car shopping a couple of years back, I bought five Carfax reports. I still had two left when I bought my car, so for kicks and giggles I ran one of them on my dad's old Volvo, which was involved in 2 collisions with police reports, court appearances, and insurance claims, and the other on my wife's Accord, which had a comprehensive claim for a parking lot accident, also with a police report. None of those damages on either car showed up on Carfax.

2010 335i, ZSP, ZPP, M-Sport, Le Mans Blue, 3 pedals of course!
Heated Seats | USB & iPod | Black Dakota Leather
Cobb AP Stage 1 Aggressive + | Cobb FMIC | BMW Performance Exhaust

Previous BMWs:
2001 330i ZSP ZPP 5-speed - sold, but not forgotten.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 328i Vermillion Red
I ran a carfax on my old car too and it had been involved in a collision with insurance, police report etc and it doesn't show up on carfax.