Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)

F12 / F13 (2012 - Current)
The all new 3rd generation 6 series coupe (F13) and convertible (F12) forum. The F06 BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe forum is here

Old 03-28-2014, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: 640ix
Looking at '14 640ix m sport coupe. Some questions

I'm gonna test drive car tomrrow and wanted to get some insight from you guys. I'm coming out of an Audi S4.

My guess is the car will feel bigger and handle less crisply with less punch. What have been your experiences with the car thus far?

Any glitches or dislikes with all of the tech gagedtry?

How would you rate safety regarding side and rear visbility?

Lastly, the front overhang seems low how worried should I be driving into NYC every day regarding garage ramps and curbs, etc.

Thx a lot for your feedback. I think its a beautiful car and can get it at good price.
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2014, 05:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Regarding visibility, the coupe has little in the area of blind spots (certainly when compared to the vert with the top up). The front lip is a bit low, however with a little caution I've never had issues. I definitely approach the concrete stops in parking lots with caution and try to stop short (but that's just me - I've had part of a bumper ripped off by exposed rebar).

You'll enjoy the car more than worry about it. Trust me.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan
Old 04-12-2014, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: audi s4
Ive made the leap from a 2013 s4 to 640i. What ive missed the most is speed and agility of the s4...it is a beast even though mine was completely stock. But I never got over the fact that the rear was so small it didnt look proportional.

Definitely major differences in how both vehicles handle. 6 obviously isnt as nimble although when in sport mode it does move pretty quick! I find myself driving more carefully with the 640i as opposed to gunning to every red light. 640i is also smoother. They are definitely two different cars. You will get more looks and stares with the 6 so that alone is worth it. Not many people can tell how expensive an s4 can get with all the options. I would say go for it!! You wont regret it --at least im not regretting my decision --yet.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:14 AM

Mein Auto: audi s4
Oh yeah front bumper is really low ive already scatched the bottom. ..unavoidable but thank goodness its not visible.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 650i xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDownInFL View Post
Regarding visibility, the coupe has little in the area of blind spots (certainly when compared to the vert with the top up). The front lip is a bit low, however with a little caution I've never had issues. I definitely approach the concrete stops in parking lots with caution and try to stop short (but that's just me - I've had part of a bumper ripped off by exposed rebar).

You'll enjoy the car more than worry about it. Trust me.
Had the same problem with the concrete stops. I am definitely more careful when approaching it. I was very disappointed (actually felt quite sick) when I scraped up the bottom front end. I incurred very little damage but it took me a little while before I got rid of that disappointment.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:00 PM

Mein Auto: 640ix
thanks for the feedback Got the 640 2 weeks ago and loving it. I too came out of an S4 and I completely agree its more nimble and faster. The 640 is a different driving experience. Definitely more luxury and still sporty in a GT way. Tons of looks with the 640 vs the S4 since its such a sleeper. Now if they ever make an m4 with AWD, that would be something.