Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-16-2013, 10:38 AM
Certified Car Nut

Send a message via AIM to mwpepper
Mein Auto: 2008 E90 335i
shut'er down and reboot

In the past 2 weeks, I have had to "Reboot" the car twice. The first time I was traveling and had stopped for a break. Upon getting into the car and starting it, by happenstance I received a phone call. The phone answered, then went to blue tooth on the car. After ending the call, the radio would not function. It was all jacked up. I attempted to shut off the radio, but nothing worked. I ended up shutting the car completely off, and restarting it. At that point, all systems started working just fine.
Last night on my way home from work, the TPMS stated that it was inactive. It would not respond to the reset on the turn signal stalk. It just showed explanation point on the dash with little yellow light lit as well. I took the opportunity to completely shut the car off at a stop light and restart it. Again, at that point all started working again.
I hope that this does not become habit.
Silly cars
Old 02-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
2008 car, migh be time for a new battery? Low voltage seems to cause all sorts of electrical gremlins...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 528i
Check with BMW to see if it has anything to do with the recall on the battery cable. If the cable is loose or becoming disconnected slightly it could cause voltage issues
Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwpepper View Post
In the past 2 weeks, I have had to "Reboot" the car twice. The first time I was traveling and had stopped for a break. Upon getting into the car and starting it, by happenstance I received a phone call. The phone answered, then went to blue tooth on the car. After ending the call, the radio would not function. It was all jacked up. I attempted to shut off the radio, but nothing worked. I ended up shutting the car completely off, and restarting it. At that point, all systems started working just fine.
Last night on my way home from work, the TPMS stated that it was inactive. It would not respond to the reset on the turn signal stalk. It just showed explanation point on the dash with little yellow light lit as well. I took the opportunity to completely shut the car off at a stop light and restart it. Again, at that point all started working again.
I hope that this does not become habit.
Silly cars
Your TPMS is going. Had that happen to mine. Rebooted fine. Rebooted fine, then Kaputnik. Replaced under warranty.