Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 PM
Petrolhead

Mein Auto: 328i
E92 Passenger Window Replacement

Hi all, just wanted to share a recent story.

My brother's street parked E92 had its passenger, front window smashed 10 days ago. Nothing in the car to steal, but they took the registration paper. Weird. Police report was taken and insurance was called that night (Farmers).

We were told that Safelite would handle the repairs, and when questioned, Farmers said that OEM glass would be used if we specifically asked Safelite for it. Farmers said that we would be responsible to pay $300 for non-OEM glass, more for OEM. Very strange, since our deductible is $500.

The next day, Safelite was called, and we requested OEM glass. They said it would be ordered and would take a couple days. Five business days later we called Safelite to get an update. Different answers were given, ranging from the OEM request was denied by Farmers, the request was pending and the request was cancelled by Safelite. Neither Safelite nor Farmers seemed to know what the hell was going on. Very, very bad customer service and unprofessional practices from both companies.

So, with this in mind, we contacted our local shop, European Motor Works and asked the owner, John, if he knew of a good glass guy. He said he'd look into it.

20 minutes later he called back. He could get a new window from a dealer and get it installed the next day for $400. Sounds good to me. We brought the car in this morning at 10 am and it was done by 1 pm-OEM window, glass cleaned out of the door and the rest of the car (we missed some under the seats) for $400, less than a day after we called him.

I've been to quite a few BMW/Euro mechanics in the Los Angeles area; John and European Motor Works is by far the best. Highly recommended.

Also, Farmers and Safelite suck. I miss 21st Century.
............................that's what gets you."

..................................................-Jeremy Clarkson
Advertisement