Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
1000 mile mark. A few questions.

After my initial fuel pump/fuse issue resolution I have driven my car (2006 325i) 1,000 miles without incident and with a great deal of driving enjoyment. But I have a couple of observations and a few questions.

Both of my remote/fobs were missing their roundels. I searched the forums here and after about 15 minutes of sifting through old posts without an answer just went to the local dealer. Got two little metal roundels for 11 bucks each. I superglued them on. Problem solved.

Next I noticed that both of my cupholders were marred on their soft finish surfaces. I noticed that underneath the soft "skin" there was plastic of almost the same color. I used my fingernail and scraped off the damaged rubber stuff and now both of my cupholders are smooth but are a slightly lighter shade of beige and (gasp) hard to the touch. At least they match each other.

I have seen that you can buy entire new cupholders but I wondered if there was just some way to put new "skin" on the fronts rather than replace the whole thing. Other than the covers they look and work just fine.

This brings me to the finish on the front passenger door pull. It looks like a person that had sunburn and then "peeled". I have searched the forums and found many people complaining of this problem but found no solution.

Finally my audio system has two glitches. The LCD screen gets "patchy" looking after about a half an hour of play time. I have searched this as well and see that it is a common problem and found several posts on the issue and have emailed a place in Long Beach Ca. that specializes in replacing the LCD screen.

I also have an intermittent problem with the CD player. A few times it wouldn't take a CD or ejected one that was playing and read "CD Error". Anybody else have this problem and/or have it fixed?

Before some smart mouth tells me to search these problems let me say that I have spent a fair amount of time looking through old threads already and haven't found solutions to the problems I have mentioned above. If you think I should keep searching then don't waste your time insulting me and move on to another thread.

But if you have an answer to any of these issues or know the exact location of threads that have solutions to these problems I would appreciate the help.

I LOVE my BMW and haven't been this excited about a car in some time. I am looking forward to interacting here on Bimmerfest and hopefully meeting some of you folks in person at upcoming BMW events.

Last edited by BashedBarrique; 02-16-2013 at 08:47 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Princeton

Mein Auto: 2008 335cxi
Have you tried the cleaning discs? I had read error issues on my DVD (Nav) - and the disc cleared them up. Got mine @ Amazon - about $15 IIRC.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
You can buy new "skin" covers for the cup holders.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
Have you tried the cleaning discs? I had read error issues on my DVD (Nav) - and the disc cleared them up. Got mine @ Amazon - about $15 IIRC.

Thanks (again) Princeton. I'll try that.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You can buy new "skin" covers for the cup holders.

Where and how much?
Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
Where and how much?
Try looking up the part number on www.realoem.com. Then go to www.getbmwparts.com to purchase... Many people seem happy with their prices...
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvator View Post
Try looking up the part number on www.realoem.com. Then go to www.getbmwparts.com to purchase... Many people seem happy with their prices...
Thanks Salvator!
Old 02-17-2013, 08:57 PM

In addition to the many suggestions listed above (and in PM's) I found this resource on the web.

http://bmwpartsgiant.com

Thanks to all the people that helped.