Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 07-30-2004, 08:53 PM

Mein Auto: CHEVY
Good deal on a 325i or scam?

I live in Texas and there is a BMW dealer in Fort Worth offering 5500 off all 2004 325i's in stock and 2.9APR for 60 months. I dont live in Fort Worth so I emailed and confirmed that it was not just certain styles but all styles. I cant afford a top of the line 325 so I am looking at two lower end ones. I am new to BMW and need some help. One stickers at 28795 minus 5500 for a sale price of 23295. It is a manual with 16" wheels, no power seats or mirrors, no sunroof and I noticed the invoice says the seats are vinyl. Is this something worth buying? The other 325i is priced at 34670 minus 5500 for a sale price of 29170. It is a semi automatic, with leather seats, no power seats and no moonroof. Is this a good deal? Two questions abouth these cars. Are the vinyl seats in a BMW very good and do they look like leather? Also what is the difference between semi-automatic and a regular automatic? Thanks so muchh for any help.
Ads by Google
Old 07-31-2004, 04:23 AM

Mein Auto: X3, 3.0 - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIMSON STORM
I live in Texas and there is a BMW dealer in Fort Worth offering 5500 off all 2004 325i's in stock and 2.9APR for 60 months. I dont live in Fort Worth so I emailed and confirmed that it was not just certain styles but all styles. I cant afford a top of the line 325 so I am looking at two lower end ones. I am new to BMW and need some help. One stickers at 28795 minus 5500 for a sale price of 23295. It is a manual with 16" wheels, no power seats or mirrors, no sunroof and I noticed the invoice says the seats are vinyl. Is this something worth buying? The other 325i is priced at 34670 minus 5500 for a sale price of 29170. It is a semi automatic, with leather seats, no power seats and no moonroof. Is this a good deal? Two questions abouth these cars. Are the vinyl seats in a BMW very good and do they look like leather? Also what is the difference between semi-automatic and a regular automatic? Thanks so muchh for any help.
Sounds like you are looking at MSRP .. not invoice. Check out edmunds.com and compare msrp and invoice then look at the price. Keep in mind the current 1.9% offer. 1200 dealer rebate. You're probably in the ballpark with the above figures.
vinly??? You mean leatherette?
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 09 Freightliner
Quote:
Two questions abouth these cars. Are the vinyl seats in a BMW very good and do they look like leather?
and welcome to the 'fest!

Yes, BMW OEM Leatherette is excellent, and is hard wearing and very difficult to tell the difference between it and leather.

However, the 'ette only comes in Sand or Black IIRC; if you wanted grey you'd have to get leather.

Re: the deals, as joey said go to www.edmunds.com and check invoice price. Search the forums for "bmw dealer cash" and see if any money is being rebated to the dealers these days...One would have thought dealers were trying to move cars near the end of the model year...

Good luck...

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i Imola Red/Nat Brown
325i Stripper and one with Auto and Leather

The lower cost car you mentioned is your basic 325i. It's a great car at a good price. Your hard corps enthusiast board members will tell you that the two options you really want are the sports package and xenon lights. The first makes a difference in how the car feels when you drive it, with different seats, tighter suspension, 17" wheels, and a 3 vice 4 spoke steering wheel. The xenon option makes a difference on how you see at night. The basic 325i will have decent halogen lights and a long throw suspension that will tend to be more comfortable versus more buttoned down. Leatherette (vinyl) vs. leather is a long discussion. Suffice to say, the leatherette is fine and looks so much like leather that you have to ask unless you know the difference. The leather does take more care and shows it age more quickly.

The second car you mentioned is one in the "standard" American configuration with steptronic (an automatic transmission with the ability to manually select and hold gears) and leather, but minus the moonroof that most leather and automatics come with. That seems odd to me - some dealer web sites do not show "packages" - so it may have the premium package which includes a moonroof, wood trim, a trip computer, and powered seats - which wouldn't show as individual options. Steptronic and leather are add on options for the 325i, where the 330i has leather as part of the premium package.

Good luck - $5500 off MSRP for an '04 in the summer is close to fair. Edmunds.com will list the invoice price. Subtract $700 ($1200 total incentive leaving a delaer profit of $500 right now) from invoice, add destination, and TTL and you have a fair deal. Email the dealer on a specific car with that price, demand the 1.9% buy rate for financing or arrange your own with a credit union, and tell them you will be in next Saturday to pick your car up IF THEY CAN MEET YOUR PRICE. Make a $1k deposit on your credit card, sign some papers, call your insurance company, bring your digital camera, and enjoy your car!
Old 07-31-2004, 07:01 AM
mmm... carbs!

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335i
Go to the BMW website and pick the options you really want. If I had to keep a 325i really inexpensive, I'd stick to the sport package and moonroof. It adds a lot of "sport" to the car, but keeps the price down. The car looks much nicer with the bigger wheels and settled ride height. Xenons are nice, but the standard halogens are also very good, so the benefit is not as great as compared to some other cars with poor halogens. I'd drive both at night before you make the decision.

The standard vinyl interior is very good, and many people on these boards that buy expensive 330i's prefer the vinyl over the leather since the leather is known to wear pretty fast. Don't feel like you are cheaping out by getting the vinyl.

A BMW is not about having lots of toys, it is about the driving experience.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:46 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i SP, Xenon
Hey I am in Ft Worth for the summer and I have seen those $5500 off MSRP deal on the billboards around town. Don't know if you know that they have a website. The ad also says the $5500 off is for any '04 325i's in stock.

http://www.shopautobahn.com/Flash/325iSale.html

Don't know if this is a July only sale.. better check to make sure, July is running out!!

I got a '03 325i with just Xenon and Sports Pkge, its two options you can't skip out!
Old 07-31-2004, 09:53 AM

Mein Auto: 1989 535I
Quote:
Old 07-31-2004, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 OB 330i
Angry

Hey, I am pretty sure I responded to this topic, but my post is nowhere to be found. I am sure I responded to it before yesterday as well. WTH is going on? Did you delete your old thread and start a new one with the same intro? I am confused. If I am wrong, I apologize. If I am right, then you wasted my time and that sucks!
Old 07-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick330i
Hey, I am pretty sure I responded to this topic, but my post is nowhere to be found. I am sure I responded to it before yesterday as well. WTH is going on? Did you delete your old thread and start a new one with the same intro? I am confused. If I am wrong, I apologize. If I am right, then you wasted my time and that sucks!
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67697

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:14 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 OB 330i
Ok, I get it. So he posted it in two different forums.

Obviously, I am one of those people who clicks the "new posts" button all the time.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick330i
Ok, I get it. So he posted it in two different forums.

Obviously, I am one of those people who clicks the "new posts" button all the time.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Nbtstatic
Mein Auto: Klaus
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...highlight=nice

2004 330ci - Silver Grey Metallic - SMG - Sport - Premium - 71's
2004 325i - Jet Black/Natural Brown - SMG - Sport - Premium
Old 07-31-2004, 04:51 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325i SP, Xenon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbtstatic
I guess you picked up a new 325i after all!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Motor Head

Mein Auto: 2002 M3
semi auto =
Old 08-01-2004, 09:32 AM
I love my beautiful wife.

Mein Auto: '01 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneydumper
semi auto =
???
moonroof: