Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 AM

Mein Auto: bmw 116i m sport
Coil Pack & Enging warning light

Hi all,

About a month or so ago, I noticed my bmw 116i hatchback was having some driving issues. The symttoms I were receiving were as follows;

Rough drive, engine jerking, gear hesitation, car going into 'limp' mode, engine crackle/misfire and amber engine managment light appearing.

When taking it to my local garage, We had come to the conclusion that the problem was down to a faulty coil pack.

A month went on, and everything was fine with my car until suddenly out of nowhere 2 days ago, the problem came back and my car has been exeprience loud exhaust/engine noises, rough ride, loss of power and engine light flashing again (similar yet more frequent symtpoms)

I had taken it back to the garage, and as the amber light was no longer on they couldnt pick up any error codes on there diagnostics machine...they then replaced the coil pack that they had already replaced, but the problem continues.

Please could someone give me some logical explanation as to what this may be, and how I go about rectifying it.

i look forward to your response.

Many thanks,

Jordan

Last edited by JAM591; 02-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisement