Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM

Mein Auto: X1
Peabody Dealership rude and arrogant to my mother

Along with looking to purchase a BMW for myself in the DFW area, my mother in the Boston area is looking to purchase (order) her first BMW also.

I saw BMW of Peabody was a site sponsor, so I gave her the contact info of the sponsor contact for her to deal with, and to tell him she got his info from me off this forum.

She knows everything she wants, and simply contacted him for a price.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how rude and arrogant he was to her. When he started to play games with her, she asked him to stop with the games, that she was willing to purchase that day, and what was his best price.

His response? Full MSRP. The back-and-forths only got worse from there.

I apologize for being a newbie and calling out a site sponsor. I'm sure a dozen people will chime in chastise me and come to BMW of Peabody's defense. That may be true in their dealings with them, but not ours.

I'm ready to accept the flack I may receive. I am not ready to accept a dealer giving my mom (in her late 60's) an attitude and big time arrogance.

Shame.
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowboxer View Post
Along with looking to purchase a BMW for myself in the DFW area, my mother in the Boston area is looking to purchase (order) her first BMW also.

I saw BMW of Peabody was a site sponsor, so I gave her the contact info of the sponsor contact for her to deal with, and to tell him she got his info from me off this forum.

She knows everything she wants, and simply contacted him for a price.

I'm sorry, but I can't believe how rude and arrogant he was to her. When he started to play games with her, she asked him to stop with the games, that she was willing to purchase that day, and what was his best price.

I apologize for being a newbie and calling out a site sponsor. I'm sure a dozen people will chime in chastise me and come to BMW of Peabody's defense. That may be true in their dealings with them, but not ours.

I'm ready to accept the flack I may receive. I am not ready to accept a dealer giving my mom (in her late 60's) an attitude and big time arrogance.

Shame.
No flack here. It would be nice if you gave us some names though. Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
+1! The Peabody GM needs to get on the phone right now and call your mom and apologize for the treatment she got. No one needs to be subjected to that -- especially at a first line store that is also a 'fest sponsor! How about it Jon -- any thoughts about that?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Story seems unlikely but plausible. I've serviced there and they've been pretty good. The ownership group is not my favorite but in general people seem to be happy with them. There is no excuse for the sales rep being rude, even if your mother was rude to begin with which we don't know. Tony Sclafani appears to be their general sales manager, give him a call.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Hi All,

She dealt with Alex dytko, who is listed as the site sponsor contact.

Danny - respectfully not sure what grounds you have to say "story seems unlikely but plausible". What exactly seems unlikely? That a dealer was rude to a buyer? I don't understand what seems unlikely.

I've got no dog in this fight. Both my mom and I have lives outside of coming to a forum to make up an "unlikely" story.

The funny part is Alex claimed he charges more for his cars due to "his superior customer sales service".

I asked my mom to call the GM. Instead she is going to give her money to a different local dealer. She believes in rewarding with her dollars.

Oh, and my mom isn't perfect. But as a career business woman who made her living in sales, she is the consument professional, and handled him better than I would have.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Danny - respectfully not sure what grounds you have to say "story seems unlikely but plausible". What exactly seems unlikely? That a dealer was rude to a buyer? I don't understand what seems unlikely.
It seems unlikely that totally provoked, someone at peabody was that rude to her. I'm sure there's a little more to the story.

Good for her though, I'd have gone somewhere else too if that happened.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 911 C2S
I have dealt with Alex Dytko, seems out of character for him. I am not saying your mom was not wronged, but there are ALWAYS two sides to EVERY story. Like what is it meant by games? It is also pretty rare that a dealer nowadays demands full MSRP, maybe during the Clinton years. Something is missing....
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 AM

He said he didn't want to discount an order for a 2014. After a few emails he came down slightly, but was still by far the most expensive.

None of the other dealers had any concerns about ordering a 2014.

There is nothing missing. Maybe he had a bad day. He was how he was and it cost him a sale.

Don't want to believe it or believe there is some big missing story? Fine with me.

Simply relaying our disappointing experience. If he's treated you well and you like his pricing - then purchase from him. Do what works for you. He didn't do right by my mom.

Ps. As a retired woman she now takes her certified and trained therapy and reading dog into hospitals to visit with the terminally ill, Alzheimer's centers, and grade schools for children with reading impediments. She's got better things to do than misrepresent her dealings with a BMW salesman.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:30 AM

1-2014 order
2-Did come down a little

I am not justifying and no one is saying we do not believe you, but that two pieces were missing. The other side of the story is also missing. Maybe there was a misunderstanding which dialogue was not able to clarify. You just joined and have only 7 posts, and the first meaningful participation in this forum is to complain in a very emotional manner and with conclusions about a CA's attitude and big time arrogance about a wrong deal. So we have to wonder, but I understand, you are defending your mom and that is admirable. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
1-2014 order
2-Did come down a little

I am not justifying and no one is saying we do not believe you, but that two pieces were missing. The other side of the story is also missing. Maybe there was a misunderstanding which dialogue was not able to clarify. You just joined and have only 7 posts, and the first meaningful participation in this forum is to complain in a very emotional manner and with conclusions about a CA's attitude and big time arrogance about a wrong deal. So we have to wonder, but I understand, you are defending your mom and that is admirable. Good luck.
Hi guys,

1) I fail to see where I was "very emotional"
2) 7 or 700 posts my post would be the same. Not sure what you "have to wonder about"
3) I never said "don't do business with them"

You can hyper-dissect and call the post "unlikely but plausible" all you'd like.

At the end of the day there is nothing you can say or hypothesize or surmise to change how my mom was treated. And that Alex lost a sale because of that.

Do with that info what you want. You like Alex? Fine - buy from him. Did you buy from him in the past and like him? Fine - this isn't an attack on you/your decision or to say Alex is an evil child-eating three headed monster.

She didn't like the treatment and thus he didn't get our money.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 PM

No one would have to "surmise" how she was treated if you provided all of the information upfront. They did not leave her at full MSRP like you stated. I'd say in these times, that's a pretty rude/arrogant thing to do in my opinion. And if you had left it at that, that false information may have effected people's view of the dealership. Instead, we can now see there is indeed more to this one than meets the eye. What's "slightly" mean?

Last edited by dannyc9997; 02-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 PM

You shouldn't have to put up with "any" BS from a dealer whether they are a sponsor or not. Move on to another dealer to be satisfied thats what I did and now I couldn't be happier with the dealer I have, JMK BMW. I'm totally satisfied with them after getting quite a lot of BS from my previous dealer. JMK is one of the reasons I stay with BMW. I hope you have the same results like I did after moving on .Good luck
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats

Last edited by vern; 02-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335i xDrive Msport
I am not surprised at all. OP - take your business where it is respected..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Bimmer App

2013 335i M-sport xDrive 'Superman Combo'
Cold Weather Pkg, Dynamic Handling Pkg, Premium, Technology, Sport auto, Rear-view camera, Park Distance Control, HK
ED: May 28, 2013
Redelivery: Aug 12, 2013
Old 02-20-2013, 02:29 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X5 diesel.
Here is Alex , who seemed to be rude to someone's mom. There were two emails in correspondence with MSRP and discounted price. Not 4 not 10. If everyone needs to see the contest of them to judge : I have no problems doing that.

Thank Youo for your supprt and best wishes.
www.dytko.net
Old 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by adytko@BMWPeabody View Post
Here is Alex , who seemed to be rude to someone's mom. There were two emails in correspondence with MSRP and discounted price. Not 4 not 10. If everyone needs to see the contest of them to judge : I have no problems doing that.

Thank Youo for your supprt and best wishes.
Alex.

Why would you quote ANYONE from bimmerfest MSRP? (if market is well below that)

Give me one reason, we'll be good.

A
Old 02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X5 diesel.
I showed the MSRP and selling price( which was significantly less ) , not quotted MSRP. Broken radio...
www.dytko.net
Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyc9997 View Post
They did not leave her at full MSRP like you stated. I'd say in these times, that's a pretty rude/arrogant thing to do in my opinion. And if you had left it at that, that false information may have effected people's view of the dealership. Instead, we can now see there is indeed more to this one than meets the eye. What's "slightly" mean?
Danny - you are clearly very pro-Alex and that is ok. Like I stated I'm sure he's done right by many people.

However please point out where I said in my post he left her at full MSRP. You can't - because I never said that. Those are words you chose to add. MSRP was first price quoted.

Again, if Alex does right by you, then purchase from him. Last time I checked the title of this section was 'dealer feedback'.

Last edited by shadowboxer; 02-20-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Eta MSRP was the first quoted price
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Your words:
Quote:

However please point out where I said in my post he left her at full MSRP. You can't - because I never said that. Those are words you chose to add. MSRP was first price quoted.
Quote:
When he started to play games with her, she asked him to stop with the games, that she was willing to purchase that day, and what was his best price.

I'm ready to accept the flack I may receive.
Now play with the words, that you received full MSRP after he allegedly started playing games suggests it, the truth then emerged, as I said, every story has two sides and many smart people in here are not only seeing that, but also that yout story has holes and that there was a misunderstanding. It is unfair to call out a sponsor with a good reputation publicly using words as shame, arrogant, etc when you did not even talked to the guy. And the ones here who actually have dealt and know Alex can say he is a fair and straightshooting CA. We here know much more about him than we do about you. Good thing you were ready to accept the flack you well deserve.
2009 550i Msport (retired)
2007 E63 AMG (retired)
2005 750i (retired)
2006 Porsche Boxster S (retired)
2003 C32 AMG (retired)
2002 745i (retired, mistake)
1998 Toyota Camry (retired)
1997 Honda Civic
1995 Acura Integra
1991 GMC Safari
1986 Mazda 626
1982 Schwinn bicycle

Last edited by neurom; 02-20-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Ask for John Cotter at BMW of Peabody. Great guy, honest and a gentleman. Purchased my car from and there were no games.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Your words:

Now play with the words, that you received full MSRP after he allegedly started playing games suggests it, the truth then emerged, as I said, every story has two sides and many smart people in here are not only seeing that, but also that yout story has holes and that there was a misunderstanding. It is unfair to call out a sponsor with a good reputation publicly using words as shame, arrogant, etc when you did not even talked to the guy. And the ones here who actually have dealt and know Alex can say he is a fair and straightshooting CA. We here know much more about him than we do about you. Good thing you were ready to accept the flack you well deserve.

Lol. Neurom, I stand by what I said. His first quote to us after being told we got his info off bummerfest was full MSRP when my mom. I have not changed the details as you allege. Instated there were more back and forths after that. Try re-reading the post.

Spare me the lecture and get off your high horse. I was more involved with this than you were, so relax. As for "ruining" a reputation, if you don't want people posting about bad experiences, then delete this section of the forum. Otherwise, I suggest you may want to not internalize/personalize posts and get worked up into a tizzy.

It's amazing the people that just can't accept that some people don't always have a good experience with someone they like.

At the end of the day you can get as upset as you'd like, and get all huffy and puffy. But the sale didn't go to him because of that and after his first full MSRP offer he was still the most expensive.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmeyers99 View Post
Ask for John Cotter at BMW of Peabody. Great guy, honest and a gentleman. Purchased my car from and there were no games.
Thank you for the recommendation.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Lol. Neurom, I stand by what I said. His first quote to us after being told we got his info off bummerfest was full MSRP when my mom. I have not changed the details as you allege. Instated there were more back and forths after that. Try re-reading the post.

Spare me the lecture and get off your high horse. I was more involved with this than you were, so relax. As for "ruining" a reputation, if you don't want people posting about bad experiences, then delete this section of the forum. Otherwise, I suggest you may want to not internalize/personalize posts and get worked up into a tizzy.

It's amazing the people that just can't accept that some people don't always have a good experience with someone they like.

At the end of the day you can get as upset as you'd like, and get all huffy and puffy. But the sale didn't go to him because of that and after his first full MSRP offer he was still the most expensive.
I dont have a reason to be upset and you have every right and actually encourage you to post bad experiences, that is what the forum is for. I do question your tone and choice of words, it did not help your case. You decided in one of your first posts in here to trash a CA reputation and others have the right to defend so the picture is a balanced one so if someone comes for feedback they get the full picture. Had you presented your case in a factual way rather than come out in a sort of angry rant, you would have received a warmer reception. Other than that, I dont really follow most of what you say. At any rate, I hope things work out for your mother. And welcome to bimmerfest.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App
2009 550i Msport (retired)
2007 E63 AMG (retired)
2005 750i (retired)
2006 Porsche Boxster S (retired)
2003 C32 AMG (retired)
2002 745i (retired, mistake)
1998 Toyota Camry (retired)
1997 Honda Civic
1995 Acura Integra
1991 GMC Safari
1986 Mazda 626
1982 Schwinn bicycle
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I dont have a reason to be upset and you have every right and actually encourage you to post bad experiences, that is what the forum is for. I do question your tone and choice of words, it did not help your case. You decided in one of your first posts in here to trash a CA reputation and others have the right to defend so the picture is a balanced one so if someone comes for feedback they get the full picture. Had you presented your case in a factual way rather than come out in a sort of angry rant, you would have received a warmer reception. Other than that, I dont really follow most of what you say. At any rate, I hope things work out for your mother. And welcome to bimmerfest.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

Never a rant. You just not liking the topic. Plain and simple.

One of my first posts? Try reading my other posts - they are about me joining this forum as I am about to purchase my first BMW. Tried to help my mother purchase her first BMW based on this forum and got nothing but attitude from Alex when she spoke with him. Hence....follow me now...one of my first posts. I didn't join to simply post about Alex.

Curious - have you defended every other dealer that has a bad experience posted about them so blindly and disingenuously as you have here, or just your buddy Alex?

Don't like the choice of my words about a person others have had a good experience with? Try re-reading them rather than just picking and choosing to suit you already-made-up mind. After all, YOU must be right and Anyone that disagrees with you is wrong. Right?

I've stated several times I'm sure others have had good experiences with him - we did not. I can't help it if you're intolerant of other people's experiences.

Again, what ever you say, you can't change the fact the way Alex handed this cost him someone ready to order a brand new 2014 on the spot. And he 100% responded to her when she asked him it stop with the games and attitude and simply quote a price that his price was full MSRP.

No amount of you trying to twist my post can change that.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Never a rant. You just not liking the topic. Plain and simple.

Curious - have you defended every other dealer that has a bad experience posted about them so blindly and disingenuously as you have here, or just your buddy Alex?
All I am going to say to finish my participation in this thread is that as you will learn if you stay around, there is a culture in bimmerfest of mutual respect and collaboration with the sponsors which results in a benefit for all the festers. The topic is not the issue, infer what you may, is the tone. Anyway, have the last word, and again, this is not personal, hope things work out well for you in Dallas and for your mom here in New England.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 AM

Hey Neurom go to www.dealerrator.com and check out the dealers. They all have there good and bad replies. It must have been a off day for Alex but there is "NO" excuse for being rude etc. to a customer.
End of subject.
cheers
vern