Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 AM

Mein Auto: 01 540it
Lowered with Alpina mods or B7?

Anyone on here have a B7 or reg 7 with Alpina mods that is lowered? It's soo hard to find anything like this because most who own a B7 probably won't lower it and I have yet to see anyone with a 7 and any Alpina parts lowered without missing the whole package to complete the look. I found one member but he has 22" wheels and other mods but it's not the look I'm going for. I guess I can have one pshopped but it would be nice to see one on here. If not then I guess I'll be the first to do it with a completed look.

I'm in the process of finding a nice 7 and I'm planning to add all the Alpina parts/ mods but I will of coarse leave out the badges when it's complete even though Alpina sends you badging when you buy the body parts from the EU. I'm planning to do what I did with my 540 Touring and I've already sourced the parts from my contact Chris Murry at alloywheelsdirect.net. They sell the parts at a fraction of the cost that all US sellers do by 1/2 as much. For example my Alpina front bumper spoiler for my E39 Touring was $500 shipped after the currency exchange and here in the states Rover Active and KSK both wanted $1200...it was quite astonishing how much they mark up Alpina parts.

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"
Ads by Google
Old 12-29-2011, 01:38 AM
President

Mein Auto: BMW
just buy a real b7 and skip all the hassle

'03 745i - modded - GONE -
Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 AM
Typical American

Mein Auto: 760Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven11 View Post
LoL I knew that response was coming...
Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Quote:
^ agree, get a B7 with the supercharger already in it. Rather than all show and the standard go, you'll have the nice supercharged Alpina motor.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:16 AM
Typical American

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
^ agree, get a B7 with the supercharger already in it. Rather than all show and the standard go, you'll have the nice supercharged Alpina motor.
If he is even considering aftermarket Alpina mods than I'm assuming the B7 price tag is understandably a bit much. If I'm wrong though then don't even waste your time like the guys say and snag an actual B7!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 05:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to quarterto8 Send a message via Yahoo to quarterto8
Mein Auto: BMW 745
What year 7 series are you looking to buy and add the alpina parts to it? Are you going for just exterior mods or do you plan on adding performance mods as well? I'm with everyone else on this. Can't afford a alpina then don't make it look like an alpina
Old 12-29-2011, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 750I
Most people on here are modding just for looks. What's wrong with the OP liking the Alpina look and modding his car as such just for looks? He did clearly say he was not going to badge it as an Alpina. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with all you guys hassling people over bullish*t.

You do not need an alpina car for the parts to be sold to you so obviously BMW and Alpina are selling parts so people can have that look if they want to. If they wanted to restrict the parts to Alpina customers they could have done that and made it exclusive. If people have money and want to buy parts to put on their car it is ok as long as the are not badging the car as what it's not and not telling people they have a genuine Alipna. I personally like the Alpina look but I do not want the supercharger and the extra hassle dealing with the modified engine for extra power I won't use most of the time.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Umm... Because I can get a 745i for nothing now a days and the Alpina parts will cost me half as much as what most of you think it will plus the wheels are for sale everywhere used for a bargain and not to mention cost of springs.

Do the math used $60k B7 or $17k....this is for fun with cash not financing.

And yes it's for looks and there would be no hassle as I've been modding cars for years but just haven't posted in the 7 forums so believe me I'm not new to this silly 711. But I do appreciate the terrible advise and simple aproach to spend a lot more money that you propose

"If everyone thought the same when it came to modding there would be no thinking"
Old 12-29-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmeance View Post
I won't be adding badges and we all know how much HP a badge adds

Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 AM

Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
well u asked?? U got an honest answer i too would just go with an alpina b7, BBBUUTTT If your budget is 17k than clearly a b7 is not feasible. lowered on a b7 most likely not since its lower than a standard 7 to begin with.
e46 328i Prem Aw18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5 Corvette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav
e53 X5 3.0, pana rf,nav,xenon,cldweather, premium.ipod hookup, 20"4.6rims staggered 315rrs.
e65 750I aw, sport. chrome21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid fogs,Leds.oem ipod&sirius
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" rennen forgedwheels,tune,exhaust,intake.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
What year 7 series are you looking to buy and add the alpina parts to it? Are you going for just exterior mods or do you plan on adding performance mods as well? I'm with everyone else on this. Can't afford a alpina then don't make it look like an alpina
Everything else out there looks cheap and so do most body kits for a E65/66 with an exception to a couple out there but a couple of my friends already have them so I don't want to do that

Alpina styling looks the best to me and more subtle but still classy

Last edited by BMW fanatico; 12-29-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad540 View Post
well u asked?? U got an honest answer i too would just go with an alpina b7, BBBUUTTT If your budget is 17k than clearly a b7 is not feasible. lowered on a b7 most likely not since its lower than a standard 7 to begin with.
I'm looking at a low mileage 745 locally here and the guy only wants $17k but my budget is a bit more without breaking the bank

I'll just do what I want and come back if I need advise

Last edited by BMW fanatico; 12-29-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Typical American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFEL750I View Post
Most people on here are modding just for looks. What's wrong with the OP liking the Alpina look and modding his car as such just for looks? He did clearly say he was not going to badge it as an Alpina. Sometimes I don't know what's wrong with all you guys hassling people over bullish*t.

You do not need an alpina car for the parts to be sold to you so obviously BMW and Alpina are selling parts so people can have that look if they want to. If they wanted to restrict the parts to Alpina customers they could have done that and made it exclusive. If people have money and want to buy parts to put on their car it is ok as long as the are not badging the car as what it's not and not telling people they have a genuine Alipna. I personally like the Alpina look but I do not want the supercharger and the extra hassle dealing with the modified engine for extra power I won't use most of the time.

I don't believe anyone was hassling this guy, even then people were just giving their opinions to a question which 75% of the responders assumed this guy had a choice between real and replica, no need to get all upset.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerSV View Post
I don't believe anyone was hassling this guy, even then people were just giving their opinions to a question which 75% of the responders assumed this guy had a choice between real and replica, no need to get all upset.
in all honesty all I wanted was a picture not advise or opinions

Old 12-29-2011, 08:01 AM
Typical American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW fanatico View Post
That's the beauty of online forums, you get your moneys worth! Lol good luck.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Your choice but it would be one expensive process , Why not just get a Sport Model 7 and slap the B7 wheels LOL
Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
(N54 E82 135i) JB4 ISO FBO, 434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 AM

Mein Auto: E65 750i Sport,C5 z51 e46
Quote:
actually your title says mods or an alpina b7?? Most will say b7. i do agree that most kits i've seen look like $hit. the alpina kit is the cleanest. Did they make a pre facelift alpina b7 tho?/ that u can get the kit from?
e46 328i Prem Aw18" 335spt whls(sold)
c5 Corvette 6sp,z51,2"drp,19"ccw'sshrt shft,corsa exh,dd nav
e53 X5 3.0, pana rf,nav,xenon,cldweather, premium.ipod hookup, 20"4.6rims staggered 315rrs.
e65 750I aw, sport. chrome21's,acs pdls,acs rfsplr,mtecs,8k hid fogs,Leds.oem ipod&sirius
Srt10 VIPER, 19-20" rennen forgedwheels,tune,exhaust,intake.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:42 AM
TTurboFest

Mein Auto: F02 (750Li)
Quote:
actually your title says mods or an alpina b7?? Most will say b7. i do agree that most kits i've seen look like $hit. the alpina kit is the cleanest. Did they make a pre facelift alpina b7 tho?/ that u can get the kit from?
I agree 100% with that statement , they do look Cheap and Ugly IMO .
Options: Camera Pkg, Convinience Pkg, Driver asst, F&R Luxury Seating, Prem/Sound, Rear Entertainment, Sport Pkg, Massage rear seats, Ceramic Controls, Active Cruise, SmarthPhone Int., Night Vision, Head-UP Display, Sat, Leather Wrapped Dash&Doors.
(N54 E82 135i) JB4 ISO FBO, 434whp & 470wtq / Run Conditions 90.28 *F

Last edited by M4XBMW7; 12-29-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Yes they did make a pre facelift B7 but it was only Euro spec and didn't make it to the US. The parts are available from alloywheelsdirect in the UK.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
jenkx

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
I'm of the opinion that its your car do what you want just don't badge it as what its not. by what you plan to do I think you and I are of the same opinion.

Here are some pics that can be found in other places on this forum. The actual B7 is not dropped but you can imagine what it will look like. I don't like the white 7 with the B7 kit, perhaps its the quality of the picture

Old 12-29-2011, 09:52 AM

Mein Auto: 1998 BMW E36 328i,
If your looking to buy a B7 I know of one for sale in Alberta.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ329115079

| OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | 18x8 ASA AR1's | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club! #343!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Sleek Sam

Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
Yes they did make a pre facelift B7 but it was only Euro spec and didn't make it to the US. The parts are available from alloywheelsdirect in the UK.
I have yet to see a 745 here in the states with Alpina mods on it. I say do it.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:

wake up on the wrong side of the bed DFEL750I? I never said modding for looks is a bad thing(look at what i've done with my car). I simply asked a few questions on what he planned on doing with a 745 and gave my opinion. i LOVE the look of an ALPINA but i wouldn't buy the kit and rims and slap it on my car. i would want a ALPINA with all the bells and whistles that they have to offer. The car is not a race car so i'm sure i'll be plenty satisfied with my decision. No one has bashed him or hassled him and taking this personally and responding with such anger is just not a good look.

Quote:
Umm... Because I can get a 745i for nothing now a days and the Alpina parts will cost me half as much as what most of you think it will plus the wheels are for sale everywhere used for a bargain and not to mention cost of springs.

Do the math used $60k B7 or $17k....this is for fun with cash not financing.

And yes it's for looks and there would be no hassle as I've been modding cars for years but just haven't posted in the 7 forums so believe me I'm not new to this silly 711. But I do appreciate the terrible advise and simple aproach to spend a lot more money that you propose
None of the responds were terrible. They were simply opinions on what they would do or suggest you do. Your not the first one on here to buy a 7 series and add a kit but from what you wrote(which apparently was unclear to everyone because even i was asking what type of mods you were doing) it sounded like you were also thinking about performance and suspension upgrades. Many people including myself have been "modding cars for years". your on 12 posts and already getting defensive. keep this attitude and either this thread will get closed or you will get banned.

btw, i like what you did to the CLK.

Quote:
my thoughts exactly.

Quote:
Everything else out there looks cheap and so do most body kits for a E65/66 with an exception to a couple out there but a couple of my friends already have them so I don't want to do that

Alpina styling looks the best to me and more subtle but still classy
i agree with what you here. so now how can you say that members are giving you terrible advice and hassling you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TannerSV View Post
thanks for having my back TannerSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkx View Post
I'm of the opinion that its your car do what you want just don't badge it as what its not. by what you plan to do I think you and I are of the same opinion.

Here are some pics that can be found in other places on this forum. The actual B7 is not dropped but you can imagine what it will look like. I don't like the white 7 with the B7 kit, perhaps its the quality of the picture

Both of those cars are 06-08 body style which are both well over his budget. He plans on buying a 745 for 17k and then ordering parts from the UK for a cheap price. you don't like the white 750 with a b7kit is because you are comparing it to a real b7. i'm not bashing you bro because you actually are making my point stronger to the OP.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 PM

Mein Auto: 750I
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterto8 View Post
wake up on the wrong side of the bed DFEL750I? I never said modding for looks is a bad thing(look at what i've done with my car). I simply asked a few questions on what he planned on doing with a 745 and gave my opinion. i LOVE the look of an ALPINA but i wouldn't buy the kit and rims and slap it on my car. i would want a ALPINA with all the bells and whistles that they have to offer. The car is not a race car so i'm sure i'll be plenty satisfied with my decision. No one has bashed him or hassled him and taking this personally and responding with such anger is just not a good look
I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It's snowing out here and I can't drive my 7. I'm good now
Old 12-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It's snowing out here and I can't drive my 7. I'm good now
hahahahaha!!! all good my friend! i was wondering what happened to you all of a sudden. come down to houston one of these days. it's 64 degrees clear skies and nice gust of wind. Need to take in my car for a wash and enjoy the night.