Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM
kcmack28 kcmack28 is offline
KC MACK
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 02 745i
Angry SoCal Cooling Pipe Repair Shop?

Was on my way to the Riverside BMW to get a oil change and the cooling pipe just blew when i got there!!! I mean right when I pulled in...****ing leaking all over the garage. Of course they want to charge me $^^,^^^ aka too much damn money!! Anyway I need help Bimmerfest...anyone know a good shop or mechanic in the IE or SoCal that can work wit me on this. Love the car 02 with 110,000 miles on it.

PLEASE any help or suggestions I would definitely appreciate!!!
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:04 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmack28 View Post
Was on my way to the Riverside BMW to get a oil change and the cooling pipe just blew when i got there!!! I mean right when I pulled in...****ing leaking all over the garage. Of course they want to charge me $^^,^^^ aka too much damn money!! Anyway I need help Bimmerfest...anyone know a good shop or mechanic in the IE or SoCal that can work wit me on this. Love the car 02 with 110,000 miles on it.

PLEASE any help or suggestions I would definitely appreciate!!!
why not have All German Auto in Escondido do it ?
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:09 PM
kcmack28 kcmack28 is offline
KC MACK
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 02 745i
I will give them a call tomorrow for a quote...Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:14 PM
Ultimate745i Ultimate745i is offline
Ultimate745i
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 509
Mein Auto: 2004 745i
Wassuuup PAPER! Gotten in any trouble lately?
__________________
Fun Doesnt Come Cheap!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:16 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmack28 View Post
I will give them a call tomorrow for a quote...Thanks
they quoted me $2,200 for the job including all new hoses & new water pump ,
when I thought I had to have it done .
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate745i View Post
Wassuuup PAPER! Gotten in any trouble lately?
NOPE not lately ... LoL hahaha
but the hate mail I been getting hasn't stopped either . LMFAO hahahaha
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Ultimate745i Ultimate745i is offline
Ultimate745i
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 509
Mein Auto: 2004 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
NOPE not lately ... LoL hahaha
but the hate mail I been getting hasn't stopped either . LMFAO hahahaha
Well Damn! Must be nice to be that popular!
__________________
Fun Doesnt Come Cheap!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate745i View Post
Well Damn! Must be nice to be that popular!
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
kcmack28 kcmack28 is offline
KC MACK
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 02 745i
Wow!!! that's a damn good quote! i just need to get it towed down there... That's about 75 miles away from Riverside.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Ultimate745i Ultimate745i is offline
Ultimate745i
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 509
Mein Auto: 2004 745i
^^^ Hey is that the "weeping leak" coolant issue that ya'll talking about?
__________________
Fun Doesnt Come Cheap!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate745i View Post
^^^ Hey is that the "weeping leak" coolant issue that ya'll talking about?
yes I believe that is what he is talking about .
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:42 PM
kcmack28 kcmack28 is offline
KC MACK
Location: SoCal
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 15
Mein Auto: 02 745i
yeah it is.... was losing a little coolant for about 1 month. Then...BAM pipe broke. I was lucky that it happened right at the shop. unbelievable.

Paper, why didn't you get it done?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmack28 View Post
yeah it is.... was losing a little coolant for about 1 month. Then...BAM pipe broke. I was lucky that it happened right at the shop. unbelievable.

Paper, why didn't you get it done?
it ended up not being my pipe , a clip was loose on 1 of the hose's .
I guess I really lucked out
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-10-2013, 06:30 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,376
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmack28 View Post
Was on my way to the Riverside BMW to get a oil change and the cooling pipe just blew when i got there!!! I mean right when I pulled in...****ing leaking all over the garage. Of course they want to charge me $^^,^^^ aka too much damn money!! Anyway I need help Bimmerfest...anyone know a good shop or mechanic in the IE or SoCal that can work wit me on this. Love the car 02 with 110,000 miles on it.

PLEASE any help or suggestions I would definitely appreciate!!!
I found out about South Bay Independent from one of our long-time members in the Midwest. The owner happens to be his cousin, he's super nice, super honest, knows his stuff, and I can't recommend them highly enough. It's way out of my way to go there, but well worth it. I wouldn't take my car to any other independent shop in LA now and have a couple of other friends who will only go there now as well after I sent them there. Check out their Yelp reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-bay-independent-gardena-2
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
I found out about South Bay Independent from one of our long-time members in the Midwest. The owner happens to be his cousin, he's super nice, super honest, knows his stuff, and I can't recommend them highly enough. It's way out of my way to go there, but well worth it. I wouldn't take my car to any other independent shop in LA now and have a couple of other friends who will only go there now as well after I sent them there. Check out their Yelp reviews. http://www.yelp.com/biz/south-bay-independent-gardena-2
I've actually heard good things about that place . I have never went there
for any repairs , but a few friends have . I recommended All German Auto
because they actually invented the AGA pipe , So I figure that would be the
best place to do the install .
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up

Last edited by PAPER; 03-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-10-2013, 06:58 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,376
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
I've actually heard good things about that place . I have never went there
for any repairs , but a few friends have . I recommended All German Auto
because they actually invented the AGA pipe , So I figure that would be the
best place to do the install .
It's out in the boonies and far from fancy. The overhead has to be dirt cheap. I had a couple of good shops I used in OC when I lived in Newport and Laguna, but they were too far once I moved back to LA (West Side) and I had to find another place and they are by far the most reasonable. Just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone is looking for a shop in LA.

I found another equally good shop up in San Jose, so if anyone is looking for a shop up there, it's Monterey Auto Tech 1. Again, not fancy AT ALL, but the owner is a young guy who is fantastic and also extremely reasonable. Sometimes I have to force the guy to let me pay for small stuff he does for me. This shop services everything though. He also does my mother's Jag and my father's Lexus. This is the only non-exclusively BMW shop I've ever trusted my car with.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
It's out in the boonies and far from fancy. The overhead has to be dirt cheap. I had a couple of good shops I used in OC when I lived in Newport and Laguna, but they were too far once I moved back to LA (West Side) and I had to find another place and they are by far the most reasonable. Just thought I'd bring it up in case anyone is looking for a shop in LA.

I found another equally good shop up in San Jose, so if anyone is looking for a shop up there, it's Monterey Auto Tech 1. Again, not fancy AT ALL, but the owner is a young guy who is fantastic and also extremely reasonable. Sometimes I have to force the guy to let me pay for small stuff he does for me. This shop services everything though. He also does my mother's Jag and my father's Lexus. This is the only non-exclusively BMW shop I've ever trusted my car with.
I think you miss understood me , I meant that I
have heard very good things about South Bay Independent
the place you recommended .
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Rookie2008's Avatar
Rookie2008 Rookie2008 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NYC 4 Eva! Current California
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,199
Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
if you want to leave your car for a day an have your car towed down there than go to All German Auto in Escondido. There are other shops that can do the work even closer. When my coolant pipe went I was gonna have it towed there but they told me I would have to leave the car an get a rental to get back home. If you want PM my tech guy only charged me $2300.00 if I remember correctly.
__________________
Sittin on 24's now with floating center caps
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17 PM
1Dreamer's Avatar
1Dreamer 1Dreamer is offline
Super Moderator
Location: A block off Sunset Blvd.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 7,376
Mein Auto: Fiver
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPER View Post
I think you miss understood me , I meant that I
have heard very good things about South Bay Independent
the place you recommended .
No, I understood. I was just expanding on my description a bit, and also throwing out the name of another great indy shop in N. CA. No worries.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
PAPER's Avatar
PAPER PAPER is online now
CRISP & CLEAN
Location: CALIFORNIA L.A.
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,909
Mein Auto: 745LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Dreamer View Post
No, I understood. I was just expanding on my description a bit, and also throwing out the name of another great indy shop in N. CA. No worries.
__________________

If you need a Custom 2014 DVD Navigation Map
East or West for your E65 E66 PM me for price .
Or if you Need an AUX Plug for your car hit me up
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms