Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 AM

Mein Auto: 95 525i
Help re Windshield Washer Fluid Leak

Just recently bought a 95 525i and the windshield washer fluid lasts about 2 days when I fill it up. Anyone have any experience with this. Thx
Ads by Google
Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '00 Z-3 '06 325ixT
Leaking windshield washer system

Quote:
Originally Posted by groceryguy View Post
Just recently bought a 95 525i and the windshield washer fluid lasts about 2 days when I fill it up. Anyone have any experience with this. Thx
Welcome to the tribe.

If you use the search feature in the forum you'll find this has been addressed.

Having said that, Remove front right tire and fender inner liner. There lives the windshield washer pump and much plastic tubing, all prone to leaks and failure. That is where I found my problems. Pump and plastic tubing are cheap (Pelican Parts and Ace Hardware....bring a piece of tubing to get proper diameter). Took me about 25 minutes to redo the system and another 30 to reattach that inner liner with around 17 little assorted screws and fitting

When we bought our 525i about 21/2 years ago this forum and it's members proved a storehouse of invaluable knowledge. If members like Bluebee, cn90 or Fudman write it then you can believe it.

Props on the purchase....these are fantastic cars. Again, welcome
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM

Mein Auto: 95 525i
Thanks so much. Missed the old thread so greatly appreciate the info.