Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)

7 Series - E65 / E66 (2002 - 2008)
Discussion pertaining to the flagship BMW here.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 PM

Mein Auto: 7 series hopeful
Can SW be restored to original Ver after an update?

After a software update, can the original version of the software, prior to the update, be restored? This in case the new software version causes problems.

I made a reasonably hard low speed left turn and I got this triangle warning with the words "drive Moderately". THe next time I started the car the message was gone. (Steering fluid was full)

Indie using analyzer said "steering angle sensor" needed to be replaced. Warranty company said its covered but wanted software update 1st to see if that fixed it. Of course warranty doesnt pay for software upgrade. Dealer wants $180 to update software. I dont mind that but they say they cant restore the original version after the steering angle test. Also they say that sometimes all sorts of other incompatibilities with modules occur when updating software that I would have to pay to have replaced.

Is this BS?. CAn software be restored to prior version. I dont mind paying the SW upgrade, but if there is a problem Id like to restore back.

Any insight would be appreciated. And if restorable, is there documentation I can point to to show the indie tech?

2008, 750i

Last edited by occountin; 02-22-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Ads by Google