Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > California

California

Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2003 325xi
Any DIY Garage in the SF Bay Area?

I fixed my first car in Boston back in the late 70's at the Car talk guys garage. Is there any local DIY shops in the SF Bay Area?

Andy
Ads by Google
Old 02-22-2013, 10:34 PM

Mein Auto: e36 m3
Hey hows it going I just opened a shop in Fremont CA we are a do it yourself automotive workshop and car club we provide the lifts, space and tools for consumer to work on their own vehicles.

Email me at chris.luu@liftedworkshop.com for any questions Thanks.

Promotional rate now is $30 an hour for Lift space and all tools available and $20 and hour for basic space no lift and all tools available. Membership rate will be available in the future.

Mods please let me respond to a thread that is already open and talking about exactly what these people are looking for.

liftedworkshop.com

Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Mein Auto: E46 330i
There is actually another cool shop in Santa Clara named Pit Row. It's a pretty big facility with 9 bays in total and additional room for storage.

I think they are also in the range of $30 and have pretty much every tool available that you would need and it's all included in the price. They even have complementary alldata access and all kind of air tools, which is really cool. The owner is very nice and knowledgeable (actually an engineer that used to work for BMW) and he says that if somebody wants to do a longer project or something he is willing to come up with a package deal.

The good thing is that they're open Tuesday till Sunday from 9 to 9. Pretty neat when you want to fix some stuff after work or on Sundays. They even have a parts delivery service at no additional charge.

Their website is apparently still under construction, but their yelp site shows some pics and pretty good reviews. I liked the shop a lot, but it also depends where you live. Maybe Lifted is a little closer to you...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pit-row-the-...op-santa-clara

Steve
Old 03-03-2013, 03:27 PM

Mein Auto: e36 m3
I met the guyed that owns pit row he is a great guy very nice and friendly. Luckily we are far enough apart so we don't need to compete to hard with each other since I'm in east bay and he is in south bay. I wishing we succeed together as there need to be a DIY revolution.

Pit row is a much bigger facility than ours since we are on a shoestring budget. We are starting small and growing into the unit next door once we have sufficient customer base we will be able to add 2-3 more lifts once we acquire the unit next door to us and then will take down the sheet metal wall in between to create one unit. We actually have been open almost 6 months before pit row but were not promoting since our lifts were not fully functional and we only offered tools and space. We ran into some problems with building permits, structural engineers, etc. We have actually had the lease on our space since March of last year.

We have pretty much all the tools you would need besides factory specific tools. We offer All Data Access up 2007 year cars. Have Wifi access with laptops for customer to look at All Data while next to their cars. We also have a 42 TV and Bose speakers.

As for hours we open weekday most days from 3pm -11pm weekends from 10 am - 11pm .

To be honest though we are open anytime you want as long as you set and confirm an appointment.

Was in the shop yesterday from 8am - 230am for some customers .

Please let me know if you have any questions.

We do have a BMW mechanic that used to work fro BMW of San Francisco on call as well and do normal mechanic service for $75.

Last edited by Lifted Inc.; 03-03-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: photo did not show up
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

Mein Auto: E46
This is awesome! To bad you guys are too far for me. The NorthBay also needs a DIY shop.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '09 AW 535i
Damn I didn't know these diy garages existed. Pretty cool setup having tools and lifts available to use. I'll have to give you guys a ring when I do my fmic upgrade in which a lift will make it way easier vs a crawler.

2009 AW 535i
-Sport, Premium Package, and Comfort Access
-FBO, custom Cobb E30 map, Performance Gearing LSD.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I Am The Machine

Mein Auto: Dreier, Fünfer & Siebener
Wow, that's great! Good luck to you, glad to see that in my home town.

Any errors in this post are purely Swype's fault, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKlim View Post
You're a derbanana
Old 04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 09 M3 Sedan
That's a great idea. More power to you, and good luck with your business!