Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:26 PM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
OZG F10
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 583
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Your sales guy will.

The F&I guy will try to up sell you when the car is ready for delivery.
How to they up-sell you when you already agreed upon a lease payment and payment structure before you put in your order? I need to be prepared when going in for delivery next week
__________________

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230

Last edited by hufington; 02-23-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-23-2013, 03:51 PM
DJHomie's Avatar
DJHomie DJHomie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 230
Mein Auto: 2013 535Xi M Sport
I guess just say NO THANKS to everything..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:06 PM
cordoor's Avatar
cordoor cordoor is online now
cor door sedan
Location: Utah
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 841
Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
How to they up-sell you when you already agreed uppon a lease payment and payment structure before you put in your order? I need to be prepared when going in for delivery next week.
Here is how they did it with me.

1) I agreed on a final vehicle sale price, money factor, residual, and dealer fees before the order was placed. This was then "locked in." I was very happy with this deal.

2) I waited for my vehicle to be built and arrive at the dealer.

3) My vehicle arrived, I was immediately turned over to the finance guy. The finance guy said: "You can either go with your already agreed lease structure, or I have this better lease structure for you that includes tire and wheel insurance for $1 less per month payment. Both leases are with BMW Financial so the terms are the same, you would just have a payment of $1 less per month plus tire and wheel insurance."

4) I had him send me the scans of the docs for both lease structures so I could compare them in Excel and see what he changed to make it happen. With the "improved" lease structure, he raised the residual by 7% and marginally raised the money factor and vehicle sale price.

5) I discussed how this was possible with him. I got usual finance guy answers like, "BMW wants these vehicles returning in good condition so they are willing to give you better lease terms to get tire and wheel insurance with no additional cost to you." Blah blah blah.

6) I went ahead and agreed on the "improved" lease because: I was happy with the original lease payment and the new lease payment was $1 less per month but included tire and wheel insurance. And there was already a 0% chance I would purchase the vehicle at the end of the lease so the high residual didn't bother me.

It wasn't until the OP created this thread that I learned how the finance guy was able to do this. It turns out the lease structures available now are better than they were in December. So rather than my sales guy or the finance guy tipping me off to this and getting me the $25 less per month payment like the OP got, I got tire and wheel insure and $1 less per month.

I read the entire tire and wheel insurance doc and small print, and it is not bad, it covers any tires and wheels I put on the vehicle that are "as good or better" than OEM regardless of RFT or not, and that are not 22" or larger (22" wheels... not happening on my vehicle. LOL).

Do I care that much? Not that much, although I am annoyed. I would have *rather* had $25 less per month in payment (or whatever it would have been for me had I gone to my sales guy now for the first time and gotten a better deal than I got in December).

Nonetheless, I was very happy with my deal in December so I am still very happy with it. I'm just annoyed there was even a finance guy in there. I wish they would have just given me the better lease structure available now. But again, whatever.

So when you go in, I would get with your sales guy first and ask him if there are better lease deals now than when you originally agreed. See if he will give you a better deal before you get to the finance guy. I would not be handed off to the finance guy right away like I was (I did not understand leases had gotten even better since my original agreement was so smoking or I would have said, "Now wait a sec. Before you send me to the finance guy...").

I suppose you could even tell your sales guy that you understand the finance guy will want to up sell, and you are fine with the finance guy pushing some options on you, but having the very best lease structure before going into the finance guy will give you some base numbers from which to work and will help you better understand which options offered by the finance guy you want to add (which, of course, will be none).

I suppose most important of all: have fun with it
__________________
2013 550i xDrive | Jet Black | Venetian Beige | Dark Red Sycamore | M Sport | Dynamic Handling | Sport Auto Trans
2008 535xi | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood | Sport



See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:20 PM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
OZG F10
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 583
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post

It wasn't until the OP created this thread that I learned how the finance guy was able to do this. It turns out the lease structures available now are better than they were in December. So rather than my sales guy or the finance guy tipping me off to this and getting me the $25 less per month payment like the OP got, I got tire and wheel insure and $1 less per month.

Do I care that much? Not that much, although I am annoyed. I would have *rather* had $25 less per month in payment (or whatever it would have been for me had I gone to my sales guy now for the first time and gotten a better deal than I got in December).

I suppose most important of all: have fun with it
Got it. I am happy with my deal as well and I am not going to buy the car after the lease end either.

I'd rather received the $25 in your case, but at least you have the insurance.

I already purchased a third party insurance for much less than what BMW is trying to sell it for (the same coverage and all for 5 years-although I have a 39 mo lease), so I am covered on that.

My sales people (in fact there are 2 involved one from the Internet department and one CA) are not very knowledgeable or friendly to say the least (they did not know that the car was already at the port as of today until I told them that the ship arrived in NJ at 6:44 AM this morning, lol), therefore I don't think they'd even mention better deals. But I will definitely ask, wouldn't hurt anyways.

I will try to go in and out for the delivery, spending as little time as possible with the finance guys.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
__________________

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 PM
cordoor's Avatar
cordoor cordoor is online now
cor door sedan
Location: Utah
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 841
Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
although I have a 39 mo lease
Ah!

This was a critical part of my "new" deal that I forgot to mention.

My original lease deal, which I was very happy with, was a 39 month lease. The new lease that is $1 less per month is a 36 month lease!

This was an additional nice perk of the new lease because I didn't want to register the vehicle for the remaining 3 months of the lease. A 36 month lease will also land me in November/December again, which means end-of-year lease incentives.

It also means a new vehicle sooner
__________________
2013 550i xDrive | Jet Black | Venetian Beige | Dark Red Sycamore | M Sport | Dynamic Handling | Sport Auto Trans
2008 535xi | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood | Sport



See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry

Last edited by cordoor; 02-23-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
OZG F10
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 583
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
Ah!

This was a critical part of my "new" deal that I forgot to mention.

My original lease deal, which I was very happy with, was a 39 month lease. The new lease that is $1 less per month is a 36 month lease!
Cool. Instead of asking for a better monthly payment, I may ask for a 36 month deal
__________________

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230

Last edited by hufington; 02-23-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:43 PM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
OP here. After reading cordoor's experience, I want to clarify something: my CA did not advise me on the better lease structure, I learned about it in Bimmerfest (what else) and proactively switched to February rates. The bottom line is: the more knowledge you have, the better your chances of getting a good lease deal.

BMWFS bumped up the residual by just 3% in February, so cordoor's F&I guy must have pulled out some other trick out of his hat.
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
cordoor's Avatar
cordoor cordoor is online now
cor door sedan
Location: Utah
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 841
Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
OP here. After reading cordoor's experience, I want to clarify something: my CA did not advise me on the better lease structure, I learned about it in Bimmerfest (what else) and proactively switched to February rates. The bottom line is: the more knowledge you have, the better your chances of getting a good lease deal.

BMWFS bumped up the residual by just 3% in February, so cordoor's F&I guy must have pulled out some other trick out of his hat.
Your vehicle looks sweet, by the way! I love that white. I had it in my original order but the wife persuaded me to change it because she thought the venetian beige interior with white exterior was a bit too girly "Get any other interior color but venetian beige and you can have the white exterior."

During the process of persuasion, she pitted my 16 year old daughter against me, too (my daughter was in agreement with her). So I folded

But I love the white. And I guess call me girly, but I love it with the venetian beige, too.
__________________
2013 550i xDrive | Jet Black | Venetian Beige | Dark Red Sycamore | M Sport | Dynamic Handling | Sport Auto Trans
2008 535xi | Jet Black | Cream Beige | Burl Wood | Sport



See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry

Last edited by cordoor; 02-23-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:28 PM
DJHomie's Avatar
DJHomie DJHomie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 230
Mein Auto: 2013 535Xi M Sport
That's why I constantly check this forum. I will always know what the new rates are before I pick up my car.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-23-2013, 05:58 PM
1HOT BMR's Avatar
1HOT BMR 1HOT BMR is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: California
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 711
Mein Auto: 2011 550i 6 sp Manual+35d
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
If you pros have any strategy for tackling F&I bullies, please share.
I've only bought two BMWs in two years from this salesperson and dealership. I asked my CA to please alert the Finance person that I wouldn't be buying anything additional and he did. She was very gentle and asked me very politely if I would like this and that - that was the first time. Then when I went to pick up the second car a year later, she gave me a form saying this is a list of all the stuff I would have offered you and you would have declined so just sign at the bottom and we are done with it. I believe we did all the paperwork in less than 15 minutes that day
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:26 PM
HD34 HD34 is offline
Registered User
Location: New Mexico
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 28
Mein Auto: 2013 528Xi
Congrats! That's a sweet looking ride!

I'm also driving my very first BMW, I literally picked it up on a whim after visiting the local BMW dealership for the first time ever & falling instantly in love with a Tasman Green 528Xi they had just received.

Being that this was going to be a 3rd vehicle to make a 25 mile highway work commute (one way) & to take road trips/pleasure drives with it will be on the highway 80-90% of miles driven I did get the window/tire insurance offered by the Finance guy for a grand for both. I'm not normally the type to buy extended warranties etc. but I have had to replace windows in both my other vehicles at least once in the last 3 years.

Here in New Mexico they use a combination of sand/Salt on the roads in the winter. Depending on how much snow/ice we get there can be a significant amount of sand left on the medians by the time Spring arrives. Often there are small pebbles within it & when the wind kicks up it can find its way onto the roadway or just as likely a semi will drift over just enough to grab one & launch it ballistically into the path of some unlucky driver. Factory glass on this vehicle (I'm told) is about 1K. You can get it for cheaper from a local repair shop using non factory glass but my experience is that over time it tends to pit more (again the sand/elements here if your on the highway a lot) & chip/crack easier.

I guess it just depends on where you are, anyone who drives on the highways here, particularly the mountainous areas knows its just a matter of time before you have a chip (often followed by a crack with the extremes of heat & cold here). This was the first time I had been offered windshield insurance on a vehicle & it was a soft sell. I expect to replace at least one windshield in the next 3 years, it's just a fact of driving here. The question is if I will have to replace 2...

The tires I was less sold on but last summer I hit a garden hoe that fell from vehicle in front of me & shredded one of my front tires along with a couple other cars behind me including a brand new Corvette.

Highway miles are easy on a car but not necessarily the windshields/tires.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM
kk22 kk22 is online now
Chitown traveller
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 312
Mein Auto: 535i X-Drive
One of the deciding factors between an A6 Prestige and my car was the dealer experience. AFTER I signed the paperwork and got the car in my garage, I noticed that BMWUSA had better lease rates than what we were working with online. Next day when I went to pick up the CDs from my trade-in. The guy tore up the old paperwork and reduced my monthly by fifty bucks to match the new online numbers.

Now THAT'S SOMETHING. Joe Perillo in Chicago BTW. I know this experience may be atypical.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 PM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
Your vehicle looks sweet, by the way! I love that white. I had it in my original order but the wife persuaded me to change it because she thought the venetian beige interior with white exterior was a bit too girly "Get any other interior color but venetian beige and you can have the white exterior."

During the process of persuasion, she pitted my 16 year old daughter against me, too (my daughter was in agreement with her). So I folded

But I love the white. And I guess call me girly, but I love it with the venetian beige, too.
Alpine White looks gorgeous on most of the Bimmers. My E90 had Titanium Silver/Venetian beige and I liked that interior too. We are expecting to have our first baby within the next couple of years and hence I stuck with darker interior (and Dakota leather) this time. Black leather & Anthracite trim looks very elegant, but somewhat businesslike.
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 PM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
@kk22

Your CA is a keeper!
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is online now
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,744
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk22 View Post
One of the deciding factors between an A6 Prestige and my car was the dealer experience. AFTER I signed the paperwork and got the car in my garage, I noticed that BMWUSA had better lease rates than what we were working with online. Next day when I went to pick up the CDs from my trade-in. The guy tore up the old paperwork and reduced my monthly by fifty bucks to match the new online numbers.

Now THAT'S SOMETHING. Joe Perillo in Chicago BTW. I know this experience may be atypical.
+1

I got a call today from my CA to ask me to come in and resign my lease paperwork to save a few bucks. I had signed my lease paperwork on 2/4, just two days prior to my leaving for my European Delivery trip. At the signing on the 4th the cost had dropped by $11/mo since they used the residual reflecting the higher post-Jan 2nd MSRP, so I was pleasantly surprised. While I was in Germany, I saw that the February MF & residual improved, but I figured it was too late since I already signed the lease papers a week earlier. Anyway, the dealership (Northwest BMW) decided to hold onto my paperwork when they saw that the February numbers had improved, apparently the Sales Manager found out later in the afternoon on the 4th. So what does this all mean? Northwest did me a solid and lowered my payments by $80/mo. I was more than happy to re-sign the lease papers.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)

Last edited by dunderhi; 02-23-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 AM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
@dunderhi

Your monthly lease payment must be insane for the differential to be $80
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:41 AM
hufington's Avatar
hufington hufington is offline
OZG F10
Location: NJ
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 583
Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i F10
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
@dunderhi

Your monthly lease payment must be insane for the differential to be $80
+1 I was thinking the same.
__________________

13 BMW F10 535i RWD - 3.0 L 221 kW (300 hp) Bone stock except NAVI,PDC,Cam,Tint,Coded,HID Fogs,Debadged,Spoiler,BMS Stg1
07 BMW E64 630i - 3.0 L 200 kW (272 hp)
03 BMW E65 745i - 4.4 L V8, 242 kW (325 hp)
98 BMW E39 535i - 3.5 L 183 kW (245 hp)
95 BMW E34 540i - 4.0 L V8 210 kW (282 hp)
89 BMW E30 M3 non-cat 147 kW (200 hp)


15 MB W222 S550 4-Matic on order
10 Infiniti G37x Sedan
09 Mercedes C 350
08 Infiniti G35x Sedan
04 Mercedes CLK 350
01 Mercedes C 230
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:55 AM
mryakanisachoad's Avatar
mryakanisachoad mryakanisachoad is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: brooklyn,ny
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 570
Mein Auto: 550xi / 135i / M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
+1

I got a call today from my CA to ask me to come in and resign my lease paperwork to save a few bucks. I had signed my lease paperwork on 2/4, just two days prior to my leaving for my European Delivery trip. At the signing on the 4th the cost had dropped by $11/mo since they used the residual reflecting the higher post-Jan 2nd MSRP, so I was pleasantly surprised. While I was in Germany, I saw that the February MF & residual improved, but I figured it was too late since I already signed the lease papers a week earlier. Anyway, the dealership (Northwest BMW) decided to hold onto my paperwork when they saw that the February numbers had improved, apparently the Sales Manager found out later in the afternoon on the 4th. So what does this all mean? Northwest did me a solid and lowered my payments by $80/mo. I was more than happy to re-sign the lease papers.
:-) I told you this month was literally ( and objectively ) the best month to lease a new BMW ... like ever. Great job.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 AM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is online now
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,744
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hufington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
@dunderhi

Your monthly lease payment must be insane for the differential to be $80
+1 I was thinking the same.
The loan payment on my 550xi was $2,185/mo (0.9%/36mo), so my lease payment of $1,172/mo is pretty nice. As usual for me, not a penny down for either the loan or the lease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
:-) I told you this month was literally ( and objectively ) the best month to lease a new BMW ... like ever. Great job.
Well, certainly better than December or January for 6er, that's for sure. The 6er kept the Holiday Credit offer ($3,500), but improved both the residual and the money factor, so it was win-win. Thanks.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 AM
DieselNY's Avatar
DieselNY DieselNY is offline
Mr Real Estate
Location: Westchester County, NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 344
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i Xdrive
So what's better for February? Better money factor and higher residual? I locked in right before the new year and took advantage of the $2,000 holiday credit. I am curious if deals are better now. I pick up my car in probably 2 weeks from now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
__________________
2013 BMW 535i Xdrive, msport, Jet Black/Cinnamon Dakota leather (delivered 3/15/2013)
Current car: 2010 MB W212 Black/Black
Previous car: 2008 MB W211 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:34 AM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
So what's better for February? Better money factor and higher residual? I locked in right before the new year and took advantage of the $2,000 holiday credit. I am curious if deals are better now. I pick up my car in probably 2 weeks from now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Bimmer App
For 535i, the differences are as follows.

December: $2000 finance credit, $500 app credit, 57% residual, 0.00125 MF
February: $1500 finance credit, 60% residual, 0.0013 MF

So MF and available credits were better in Dec, but residual is much better in Feb. Not an all-out better deal like dunderhi's. But then, my monthly payment is just a fraction of his .

I hope BMWFS does not come after me for posting the figures
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite

Last edited by neilsarkar; 02-24-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:37 AM
neilsarkar neilsarkar is offline
BMW aficionado
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
:-) I told you this month was literally ( and objectively ) the best month to lease a new BMW ... like ever. Great job.
And I found out about Feb lease deals from your thread. Thanks!
__________________
2013 535i | Alpine White | Black Dakota | Anthracite
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 PM
dunderhi's Avatar
dunderhi dunderhi is online now
0-60 in 4 secs or less!
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,744
Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilsarkar View Post
For 535i, the differences are as follows.

December: $2000 finance credit, $500 app credit, 57% residual, 0.00125 MF
February: $1500 finance credit, 60% residual, 0.0013 MF

So MF and available credits were better in Dec, but residual is much better in Feb. Not an all-out better deal like dunderhi's. But then, my monthly payment is just a fraction of his .

I hope BMWFS does not come after me for posting the figures
Assuming a $58k sales price, 6% tax & fees rolled into the lease, and zero money down for 36mo/15kmi, February is cheaper by $16/mo ($814 vs $798). Switching to 39mo, the December deal drops to $791. I'm not sure if February has a 39 month deal.

BMW posts their residuals and money factors in their lease offers every month, albeit in an obscure manner, but publicly posted nonetheless.
__________________


2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)

Last edited by dunderhi; 02-24-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added 39mo option
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
DieselNY's Avatar
DieselNY DieselNY is offline
Mr Real Estate
Location: Westchester County, NY
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 344
Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 535i Xdrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhi View Post
Assuming a $58k sales price, 6% tax & fees rolled into the lease, and zero money down, February is cheaper by $16/mo ($814 vs $798).

BMW posts their residuals and money factors in their lease offers every month, albeit in an obscure manner, but publicly posted nonetheless.
Hmm wonder if this is a better deal or not. My deal is as follows:

MSRP: $66,895
sale price $61,800
residual is 58%.
Money factor is 0.00125.
12,000 miles year
39 months
all fees up front
$665/month. The taxes are 2,400.13 so if the taxes were rolled in it would be like another $61/month so $726.

Unless my numbers are wrong, are Feb deals actually better than the $2,000 holiday credit?
__________________
2013 BMW 535i Xdrive, msport, Jet Black/Cinnamon Dakota leather (delivered 3/15/2013)
Current car: 2010 MB W212 Black/Black
Previous car: 2008 MB W211 Black/Black
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
DJHomie's Avatar
DJHomie DJHomie is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Long Island, NY
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 230
Mein Auto: 2013 535Xi M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNY View Post
Hmm wonder if this is a better deal or not. My deal is as follows:

MSRP: $66,895
sale price $61,800
residual is 58%.
Money factor is 0.00125.
12,000 miles year
39 months
all fees up front
$665/month. The taxes are 2,400.13 so if the taxes were rolled in it would be like another $61/month so $726.

Unless my numbers are wrong, are Feb deals actually better than the $2,000 holiday credit?
Maybe, because your residual would now be 62%.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
535i, f10


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms