Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:19 PM

Mein Auto: Audi Allroad
My X5D has been in Oxnard

waaaay tooooo long now. Come on BMW, load one of those trucks up and get it up here to sunny Portland.

It arrived in Oxnard Wed Feb 13 and is just sitting around in a big parking lot with 1000's of other BMWs

Ok, ok I know I am just being antzy but I want my new X5D with AD to help cure my ADHD
Ads by Google
Old 02-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyz1245 View Post
waaaay tooooo long now. Come on BMW, load one of those trucks up and get it up here to sunny Portland.

It arrived in Oxnard Wed Feb 13 and is just sitting around in a big parking lot with 1000's of other BMWs

Ok, ok I know I am just being antzy but I want my new X5D with AD to help cure my ADHD

Tell your CA to call the VDC and ask them to mark it "hot". Seriously. It will light a fire..

Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
I think it will typically sit until they have a full truck load to one dealer or one area- more efficient....

But I'd listen to Jon too!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
Of course you could have solved the problem and bought it through Jon too!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
Of course you could have solved the problem and bought it through Jon too!
Not sure how that would have helped? Then my car would be at his dealership waiting to be loaded on a truck and me being billed an additional $1000+ to ship it up to Oregon.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:39 AM

No, you would have gotten out of the rain for a couple of days then had a nice vacation down in beautiful Santa Barbara picked up your new car and driven back up to the rain forest enjoying the drive up through the redwoods and the north coast.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
No, you would have gotten out of the rain for a couple of days then had a nice vacation down in beautiful Santa Barbara picked up your new car and driven back up to the rain forest enjoying the drive up through the redwoods and the north coast.
Nope, CA has a weird law that restricts such transactions. The selling dealer must only ship the vehicle to the buyer. If he or she drives it off then he or she is paying ca tax and native state tax

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I have done that drive several times. Beautiful!

Don't think I didn't try to order from Jon, I did. I live in Oregon and we have no sales tax. If I drove the car off the lot in Ca, I was paying 8 or 9% sales tax vs 0%. That alone was worth $5,000+. The deal Jon made + shipping did not beat my local deal. Its funny though, the local dealers know this and trying to get them to budge off invoice + X takes some work. I almost bought in Seattle but I was able to get a deal that worked in Portland. Glad I did b/c it has turned out to be a great experience. Fun too. My CA loves to talk cars and has put up with my daily emails checking where my car is amongst countless other questions. AND they gave me 2013 528IX to drive for a month while I waited for the X5.

Oh and the X5 is on a truck on its way to PDX Might even be here in Portland right now. It left Oxnard Friday. My dealer doesn't do Weekend deliveries so I should have it Mon or Tues.. It is up on their website and cars.com too. Must have a system that automatically pushes cars and spec to these sites.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:18 AM

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:56 PM

It arrived! 4 weeks ago :)

Ok ok so I am a bit lazy and work has been crazy busy.

2000 miles later all I can say is I LOVE it. AD was worth every penny and a recent road trip to the Oregon coast yielded 27mpg with the cruise set at 65-70

Much more later. Back to work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3633.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	369922   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3650.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	369923  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:47 AM

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
yes, AD is a great option and definitely smoothes out the ride of the X5. I'm very happy I waited and ordered with AD.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 x5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Nope, CA has a weird law that restricts such transactions. The selling dealer must only ship the vehicle to the buyer. If he or she drives it off then he or she is paying ca tax and native state tax
not true my dad lives in WA part time, and keeps all his cars registered there.
he has bought every car in CA..He drives it off the lot and does not pay CA sales tax.
my brother did the same last year and took it to texas.