Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)

X5 E70 (2007 - 2013)
E70 BMW X5 produced between 2007 and 2013. Discuss the E70 X5 with other BMW owners here.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW '12 X5 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoI4plz View Post
Thanks for the fuzzy thinking that gave me a good chuckle. If you read my comment, I stated the legal case is yes you can use different types of fuel. However when your dealing with a SA, and theres an issue with the fuel system, you want to minimize the random stuff that comes out of the SAs mouth. You dont want to give them the chance to spew random stuff about why the fuel system is your fault. Cause at the end of the day, yes you can sue, you can do all you want, but when it comes to whose got a stronger communication bridge with BMW, your not that person. And you can whip out your manual, your gas flap sticker, and they will probably have an excuse or a TSB or something.

Yes call me paranoid, but my paranoia exists to help me make warranty claims as easy and painless as possible for me.
Out of respect I will not call you paranoid, but, sincerely, you are cautious on the 87 issue beyond any reasonable need. Lots of smart people on this forum like 91-plus for other very valid albeit subjective performance- based reasons, so, at least, you are in the majority; but perhaps for the wrong reason.