Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)

F07 Gran Turismo (2010 - Current)
The 5 Series Gran Turismo -- now available in the USA as a 535i, 550i and 550i xDrive model.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 550i
How can I make my 550 louder and more aggressive but not annoying loud

Hi guys I recently bought a 2010 550 with m sport package. I want to make my car sound a bit more aggressive but not ghetto or too loud. Is there anything that you guys can suggest I do to some modifications to make it louder? If you recommend any exhaust systems that are affordable please let me know.

Thanks for all your thoughts and comments in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
That Guy w/ the Modded GT

Mein Auto: BMW 550i GT DINAN Stg 3
I got a professional muffler delete by AutoCoutureMotoring here in NJ, and it sounds incredible. But it's not everyone's type. It's deep and has a nice deep rumble between 1500-2000 rpm but many don't like that noise (often called drone, I call it music lol )
Old 03-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Rogue2258

Mein Auto: 2010 550i GT, 2011 535i
Dinan GT-I am trying to picture what the rear undercarriage looks like with the mufflers..removed...a set of small straight pipes? I hit my mufflers with steel wool just to keep a little shine glistening from the rear. I am curious as to what your mod shop did to your muffler/tailpipe arrangement. More over I can't possibly be the only one with a strong curiosity as to the music your GT is belting out
Old 03-04-2013, 06:56 PM

It's a complete straight pipe setup (powder coated matte black). You can go to my son's YouTube channel (go to YouTube and search "fxr11", click on Adyan Rahman). Click on the vid called "Custom Exhaust Revving" to hear it. Oh and check out my other vids, ESP my son's commercial and him driving (and driving pretty well lol)

Last edited by DINAN_GT; 03-04-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:06 PM
GT = hi&bye

Mein Auto: 550i gt
Bad ass GT

Whoa. DINAN_GT your car is bad ass!!!!!!
Do you have Dinan springs or just Stage 2 and the muff delete?
What kind of tires do you have because I am sure you already smoked up the oem run flats.
Love the black with red accents. Love the drone sound too. Very well done. Did you do any coding???
Old 03-04-2013, 08:22 PM

Thank you Rogue. The car just has DINAN and Muffler Delete now, but I'm getting the car lowered on H&R springs soon. Btw I'm selling those red caliper covers if you want. Usually go for $300+, selling for $260 w/ custom BMW engraving... And no coding yet. But maybe soon...

BMW 550i GT DINAN Stage 2 w/ Many Mods... Faster than you think.
Hear it here...
And see more photos of it here...

Like my GT? I'm selling it... Click here

CCA Member: 477510
Old 03-04-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINAN_GT View Post
Thank you Rogue. The car just has DINAN and Muffler Delete now, but I'm getting the car lowered on H&R springs soon. Btw I'm selling those red caliper covers if you want. Usually go for $300+, selling for $260 w/ custom BMW engraving... And no coding yet. But maybe soon...
Oh and also I don't like run flats, plus they had a bubble, so I switch to Summer Performance Bridgestones, very good tires so far. Even with all the donuts and burn outs, the tread has barely worn out.

Hear it here...

Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 AM
Rogue2258

Mein Auto: 2010 550i GT, 2011 535i
DINAN GT-You are officially nominated for BMW Dad of the year!!! Please adopt me. I remember what it was like as a child tjunket be able to ride in my friends father's 911s, Vipers, Mustangs, etc much less the thrill it would have been to drive one. Those are memories that will last forever, and what an amazing way to bond with your son. Just an outstanding gift to give your son..really. I will definitely begin the process to train my 9 year old son to one day handle our GT. I am so grateful you gave us the info to link to you tube for those great videos. I am inspired by the sound your GT belts out with the straight pipes. You have given me much to ponder. Many thanks, and best wishes.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 AM

No worries. Glad you liked it. He is 14 and has been practicing driving now, so I knew he had control when he took it for a spin lol.

Hear it here...