Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems

Dealer Feedback / Vehicle Problems
Have you had an exceptionally great experience with a particular BMW Center? Have you had a bad experience at your BMW Center? Frustrated by problems or defects with your vehicle? Post your stories or comments here.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 PM
'Fest Advisor

Mein Auto: BMWs and other fine cars
Orland Park BMW (Illinois) Deceptively Sold Frame Damage Vehicle as Accident Free!

I recently learned that a one year old BMW I bought from Orland Park BMW in Orland Park, Illinois was sold to me deceptively. They had stated that it was accident free and that they knew the whole history behind the vehicle as the previous owner bought the vehicle from them and then traded it in one year later. The Car Fax was clean (most likely because someone had the accident removed from the report).

I have since come to find out that the car had been in a serious accident as had frame damage. This does appear on the AutoCheck report. Orland Park BMW now states that AutoCheck is inaccurate and "cheap" and no one uses it! The repairs were done at the BMW dealership and apparently done poorly. The CV joints were about to break and could have put my whole family in a life threatening situation! Orland Park BMW tried to sell the car at auction before I bought it but couldn't because it had been in an accident. So Orland Park BMW obviously knew about the accident and flat out lied to me. They sold a Frame Damage Vehicle as Accident Free!

Clearly, I am not recommending Orland Park BMW.

I have a few contacts at BMW corporate. If anyone has any others, please let me know. This kind of behavior has to stop.

Last edited by thebmw; 02-23-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Advertisement
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I recently learned that a one year old BMW I bought from Orland Park BMW in Orland Park, Illinois was sold to me deceptively. They had stated that it was accident free and that they knew the whole history behind the vehicle as the previous owner bought the vehicle from them and then traded it in one year later. The Car Fax was clean (most likely because someone had the accident removed from the report).

I have since come to find out that the car had been in a serious accident as had frame damage. This does appear on the AutoCheck report. Orland Park BMW now states that AutoCheck is inaccurate and "cheap" and no one uses it! The repairs were done at the BMW dealership and apparently done poorly. The CV joints were about to break and could have put my whole family in a life threatening situation! Orland Park BMW tried to sell the car at auction before I bought it but couldn't because it had been in an accident. So Orland Park BMW obviously knew about the accident and flat out lied to me. They sold a Frame Damage Vehicle as Accident Free!

Clearly, I am not recommending Orland Park BMW.

I have a few contacts at BMW corporate. If anyone has any others, please let me know. This kind of behavior has to stop.
Mis representing a car as accident free is a no-no. Even if they honestly didn't know when they bought it/traded it, the tech who serviced it knew and had to have told the used car manager.

That being said, you can't remove anything from a carfax without proof. It likely was just missed by carfax. Next, I'm not sure how you found out they "tried to sell it at auction but couldn't", frame cars are sold at auction every week. I ran 3 last week. Just has to be disclosed, so there's no reason they couldn't sell it. Maybe they wouldn't because of the price?

Terrible situation, but you really have no recourse. Sellers have no obligation to disclose accidents to the public, and frame damage can result from even the most minor of accidents these days. All you can do is spread the word, if you had pictures of the damaged axles/copy of the autocheck report / copy of an advertisement saying "accident free" I would post them.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:25 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
I've seen 3 BMW's listed like this very sad dealers are doing this.they are easy to spot as the price for them are super low compared to the same year cars.google is your best weapon against this.

Sent from my XT557 using Bimmer App

Last edited by mr29; 02-25-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM

Mein Auto: future BMW owner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyc9997 View Post
Mis representing a car as accident free is a no-no. Even if they honestly didn't know when they bought it/traded it, the tech who serviced it knew and had to have told the used car manager.
With reference to the above comment, I have a situation to discuss. This is not a BMW but I came onto the forum based on google search.

Here is what happened:
Toyota dealership "A" bought a camry from car wholesale dealer "B" at Mileage=2. Toyota corporate records show car as "retailed" at this point.
Toyota dealership installed floor mats at Mileage = 3.
the car sat in their parking lot for 2 months.
When I purchased the car (3 years ago) the ODO was 114, sat radio was being used since 2 months and shortly after my purchase the trial period of sat radio was over
I got the extended warranty coverage from toyota but they gave me 2 months less as the Toyota corporate registry has the car as "retailed" 2 months prior to my purchase.

Can I say I was deceptively sold a car which was probably used by Toyota for its official work/test drives? Will it be a strong case for me?

Thanks and regards
Old 02-27-2013, 02:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggz View Post
With reference to the above comment, I have a situation to discuss. This is not a BMW but I came onto the forum based on google search.

Here is what happened:
Toyota dealership "A" bought a camry from car wholesale dealer "B" at Mileage=2. Toyota corporate records show car as "retailed" at this point.
Toyota dealership installed floor mats at Mileage = 3.
the car sat in their parking lot for 2 months.
When I purchased the car (3 years ago) the ODO was 114, sat radio was being used since 2 months and shortly after my purchase the trial period of sat radio was over
I got the extended warranty coverage from toyota but they gave me 2 months less as the Toyota corporate registry has the car as "retailed" 2 months prior to my purchase.

Can I say I was deceptively sold a car which was probably used by Toyota for its official work/test drives? Will it be a strong case for me?

Thanks and regards
It sounds like the car was reported as sold to a customer before you bought it. This likely means somebody came to "Toyota dealer A" and purchased a vehicle they didn't have, dealer "A" called dealer "B" and swapped vehicles for the customer. Dealer "A" punched it sold, and the customer flaked as often happens.

At this point they are supposed to reverse the report in the system. This costs them incentives/causes problems so they would of course like to get out of having to do this and just sell it to you.

Call back your dealer's sales manager, and ask him why he did not "re-report" your Camry when you bought it, since he punched it before. If you use those words exactly, you'll scare the life out of him

Last edited by dannyc9997; 02-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.