Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 AM
castercorey castercorey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
I have the Dension installed in my 2006 e63 with the original software version still on the car. You need to add +IPOD in to the VO of the car. I posted a link to a DIY on how to do that on the previous page of this thread. You also need to make three changes in the CCC (or MASK if you don't have Nav). These changes are related to enabling MP3.
What are the three changes I need to make with the CCC and what tool do I use to do this?
__________________
A perissodactyl ungulate may be propelled toward a body of aqueous fluid, but such ungulate cannot be compelled or forcibly induced to imbibe such fluid.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-27-2013, 09:27 AM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
I posted a link to a DIY on how to do that on the previous page of this thread..
Rebel posted some good PDF's on the first page, post #15. Just a reminder.

Note to Rebel, the very first PDF, "NCS Expertmode Coding DIY" requires a password so is inaccessible.


__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Just a quick general note, when using the BM Technic software there are a couple of differences from the tutorials you will see online for using the NCS Expert software.

What I am about to tell you will only make since after you have the software and start to use it. First, when you load the Expert Profile to download the info from the vehicle you will select BM Technic Expert.



Second, after you have changed whatever parameter you want modified in the vehicle, many tutorials tell you to load the Revtor's NCS Expert Profile in order to write the file back into the car. But with the BM Technic software version that is currently shipping you will select BM Technic Manipulation.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bm tehcnic 2.JPG
Views:	1998
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	368550   Click image for larger version

Name:	bm tehcnic 1.JPG
Views:	2056
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	368551  

Last edited by tampamark; 03-27-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
castercorey castercorey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: 645ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Rebel posted some good PDF's on the first page, post #15. Just a reminder.

Note to Rebel, the very first PDF, "NCS Expertmode Coding DIY" requires a password so is inaccessible.


__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Just a quick general note, when using the BM Technic software there are a couple of differences from the tutorials you will see online for using the NCS Expert software.

What I am about to tell you will only make since after you have the software and start to use it. First, when you load the Expert Profile to download the info from the vehicle you will select BM Technic Expert.



Second, after you have changed whatever parameter you want modified in the vehicle, many tutorials tell you to load the Revtor's NCS Expert Profile in order to write the file back into the car. But with the BM Technic software version that is currently shipping you will select BM Technic Manipulation.

The password is bmwcoding.com
__________________
A perissodactyl ungulate may be propelled toward a body of aqueous fluid, but such ungulate cannot be compelled or forcibly induced to imbibe such fluid.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by castercorey View Post
The password is bmwcoding.com
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Thanks!!!
Oops! Sorry, I thought I had removed the password. That forum is also worth joining up.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-29-2013, 01:39 AM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 930
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Ok finally... I got my computer all loaded and working. What a problem getting a copy of XP home. Why cant they do everything with a mac...
I started my first coding for removing the Legal disclaimer and had to abort. I'm very paranoid about screwing things up with the coding so if its not exactly like it should be I'm pulling the ejection lever...
A couple of things gave me a little bit of anxiety
1 after modifying the FSW_PSW file and saving as FSW_PSW.man, it asked me if I wanted to replace the file. Without any reference I said yes
2 After step 16 we go back to NCS expert, I had minimized it earlier and then maximized it and hit back to main to start on step 17 hope that was right
3 Got to step 20 and had CAPPL in the ECU short window but the data in the CBO Name, CABO name, SBGD name windows did not match what was in mine so I aborted the coding at that point.. maybe it didn't need to be....
Any suggestions...?
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:16 AM
castercorey castercorey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: 645ci
Cas & lma vo

I added.... well attempted to add +KMP3 to these modules(CAS & LMA) VO's. It look like it took however when I read the CAS & LMA ecu the +KMP3 entry is not there. I have the CCC interface vs your M-ask. Does that matter?
__________________
A perissodactyl ungulate may be propelled toward a body of aqueous fluid, but such ungulate cannot be compelled or forcibly induced to imbibe such fluid.

Last edited by castercorey; 03-30-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 PM
castercorey castercorey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: 645ci
ok trial and error

I still have not gotten my 645 to recognize the Dension GW500. Here are the steps I took

1. Added +KMP3 & +IPOD to the CAS and LMA VO.
2. Was able to change the CCC_MP3 CDC_MP3 to aktiv. I was unable to find the module that has the MP3 only option. That is still nicht_aktiv.


The Dension is not showing at all. I will post in the coding forum but I thought I would try home first .
__________________
A perissodactyl ungulate may be propelled toward a body of aqueous fluid, but such ungulate cannot be compelled or forcibly induced to imbibe such fluid.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:54 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 930
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Just a thought....
I changed my CD changer in my 7 series with a Dension GW 500and didn't have to do anything.... It worked fine and each CD position brought up different music lists ie artists , playlist etc....
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades

Last edited by coug60; 03-30-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 PM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by castercorey View Post
I still have not gotten my 645 to recognize the Dension GW500. Here are the steps I took

1. Added +KMP3 & +IPOD to the CAS and LMA VO.
2. Was able to change the CCC_MP3 CDC_MP3 to aktiv. I was unable to find the module that has the MP3 only option. That is still nicht_aktiv.


The Dension is not showing at all. I will post in the coding forum but I thought I would try home first .
Did you activate the CDC? This needs to be set to aktiv. You could revmove +IPOD & instead add $672 (CD changer), the Dension replictes the CD changer, although it does have a good interface once you select MP5. I have my Dension working with $672 & not +IPOD in the VO.

The parameters canged in my M-ASK unit (should be the same for your CCC/CIC):

Quote:
MP3 MP3 SUPPORT
nicht_aktiv not enabled
aktiv enabled

CDC CD CHANGER
nicht_aktiv not enabled
aktiv enabled

MP3_CCC
full (or external)
Note: MP3_CCC is set to either full or external, check your trace file through "NCS Dummy" to see which options are in your car. Or PDF a copy of your trace file & attach it to a post & I'll look at it for you. If you wan to leave the VO alone then set the CDC to aktiv & MP3_CCC to full as a first try. Those two are definitely set incorrectly in your car.


Other options in CCC/M-ASK:

As you are coding the CCC any set the following items to fkt_frei to put the option to enable/disable alarm chirp into the iDrive menu:

Quote:
C941C_QUITT_AKUST_KLAPPE ACOUSTIC LOCKING ACKNOWLEDGE ONLY WHEN ALL DOORS AND LIDS CLOSED
fkt_frei function available
fkt_gesperrt function locked
K9416_QUITT_AKUST_ENTSCH ACOUSTIC UNLOCKING ACKNOWLEDGE (TWO ALARM BEEPS)
fkt_frei function available
fkt_gesperrt function locked
C9413_QUITT_AKUST_SCHAERF ACOUSTIC LOCKING ACKNOWLEDGE (SINGLE ALARM BEEP)
fkt_frei function available
fkt_gesperrt function locked
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Ok finally... I got my computer all loaded and working. What a problem getting a copy of XP home. Why cant they do everything with a mac...
I started my first coding for removing the Legal disclaimer and had to abort. I'm very paranoid about screwing things up with the coding so if its not exactly like it should be I'm pulling the ejection lever...
A couple of things gave me a little bit of anxiety
1 after modifying the FSW_PSW file and saving as FSW_PSW.man, it asked me if I wanted to replace the file. Without any reference I said yes
2 After step 16 we go back to NCS expert, I had minimized it earlier and then maximized it and hit back to main to start on step 17 hope that was right
3 Got to step 20 and had CAPPL in the ECU short window but the data in the CBO Name, CABO name, SBGD name windows did not match what was in mine so I aborted the coding at that point.. maybe it didn't need to be....
Any suggestions...?
1. Yes, you should overwrite the existing .MAN file.
2. I'm not sure what guide you are following but I assume "Step 16" is the step where you modify the TRC file to creat a MAN file. You do not click "BACK" here. You click "Change Job" & select SG_Coderien, this is the job that writes the code from your MAN file to the module. You then select "Execute Job". Job done.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
Well I'm Happy to report I had success coding out my disclaimer screen and also added MPH to the BC options. Worked like a charm thanks for your help TampaMark!!!! I wanted to know if you can enable the DVD player to play movies through the same process? Also TampaMark I wanted to change the same things you changed on your car but which modules are they in and what are they called?

Another question is which lights are used for daytime running lights? I wanted to turn on my angel eye lights not my headlamps, if I ativate it which ones are used?

Thanks.....
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 930
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
1. Yes, you should overwrite the existing .MAN file.
2. I'm not sure what guide you are following but I assume "Step 16" is the step where you modify the TRC file to creat a MAN file. You do not click "BACK" here. You click "Change Job" & select SG_Coderien, this is the job that writes the code from your MAN file to the module. You then select "Execute Job". Job done.
Thanks dearthair... And Mark too...
Will give it a shot when I get back from NYC...
Shannon
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:32 AM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
Well I'm Happy to report I had success coding out my disclaimer screen and also added MPH to the BC options. Worked like a charm thanks for your help TampaMark!!!! I wanted to know if you can enable the DVD player to play movies through the same process? Also TampaMark I wanted to change the same things you changed on your car but which modules are they in and what are they called?

Another question is which lights are used for daytime running lights? I wanted to turn on my angel eye lights not my headlamps, if I ativate it which ones are used?

Thanks.....

Awesome!

What year is your car? If it is a 2006 then you cannot code the Angel Eyes to be active, the LMA module does not allow for it. The 2007 and up can be coded for DRL, really it is only necessary in the 2007 model year since in 2008 the selection was available in Idrive. At least on my buddies 2008 550 he can choose the AE as DRL, but his is an LCI car. If you have a 2007 I have collected this from other coding sites so I have NOT done this myself to verify. My car is 2006 and does not have the LM2 light module so I cannot code these. In the 2007 you can turn on the DRL but it defaults the regular bulb, so this coding allows you to turn off the bulb and leave only the AE:

Pre LCI (with Lm2 module) you can have them on in position 0 and turn off DRL bulbs
  1. LMA [LM2] TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE aktiv Enable DRL (the same as on/off menu if available from iDrive)
  2. LMA [LM2] VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s Select the AE as the DRL (default to drl_h for US model), linked with DRL_TFL_SML_33
  3. LMA [LM2] DRL_TFL_SML_33 aktiv Enable the AE as the DRL after switching VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s - (LM2)

You cannot code the DVD player for movies, it just is not within the capabilities of the CCC. To do that you have to use external hardware, along the lines of a navvideo or dension and a DVD player mounted somewhere in the car.

I also set my car to boot directly to the Entertainment screen, not sure if you had done these or not, also eliminated the seat warning gong (Wife puts purse in passenger seat) and the door open warning gong with ign on:

- Key ignition warning deactivate:
Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

- Seat Belt Unfastened Gong
Module ABG, two values to change:
SBR_beifahrer
SBR_fahrer
aktiv > nicht aktiv

Last edited by tampamark; 03-31-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:19 AM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Awesome!

What year is your car? If it is a 2006 then you cannot code the Angel Eyes to be active, the LMA module does not allow for it. The 2007 and up can be coded for DRL, really it is only necessary in the 2007 model year since in 2008 the selection was available in Idrive. At least on my buddies 2008 550 he can choose the AE as DRL, but his is an LCI car. If you have a 2007 I have collected this from other coding sites so I have NOT done this myself to verify. My car is 2006 and does not have the LM2 light module so I cannot code these. In the 2007 you can turn on the DRL but it defaults the regular bulb, so this coding allows you to turn off the bulb and leave only the AE:

Pre LCI (with Lm2 module) you can have them on in position 0 and turn off DRL bulbs
  1. LMA [LM2] TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE aktiv Enable DRL (the same as on/off menu if available from iDrive)
  2. LMA [LM2] VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s Select the AE as the DRL (default to drl_h for US model), linked with DRL_TFL_SML_33
  3. LMA [LM2] DRL_TFL_SML_33 aktiv Enable the AE as the DRL after switching VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s - (LM2)

You cannot code the DVD player for movies, it just is not within the capabilities of the CCC. To do that you have to use external hardware, along the lines of a navvideo or dension and a DVD player mounted somewhere in the car.

I also set my car to boot directly to the Entertainment screen, not sure if you had done these or not, also eliminated the seat warning gong (Wife puts purse in passenger seat) and the door open warning gong with ign on:

- Key ignition warning deactivate:
Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

- Seat Belt Unfastened Gong
Module ABG, two values to change:
SBR_beifahrer
SBR_fahrer
aktiv > nicht aktiv
Hi Mark thanks so much for the info!!
Mine is a 2006 so I'm in the same boat as you! I haven't done the seat gong and entertainment boot yet I wanted to but didnt know what it was called. I looked in the list of PDF docs from earlier posts but couldn't find a solid answer.
Thanks again for the info! How did you find these? I would have never known the boot to entertainment screen

Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

I need to brush up on my German!!!!

Thanks again Happy Easter!
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 PM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
Thanks again for the info! How did you find these? I would have never known the boot to entertainment screen

Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

I need to brush up on my German!!!!

Thanks again Happy Easter!
I can't take the credit, the guys on the M5board (Zerocks1) has done a great job of documenting all the changes you can do with coding. In the first post of the thread below there is a Word Document attached (at the bottom of the post), in it is a list of modules and activities. I use this as my bible, but I also use Google and other resources when trying to figure out stuff. The list is not complete or all that readable? But a great staring point regardless. These guys bought a $100 cable and then installed NCS Expert manually which is a painful deal from what I have read. That is why I recommended the BM Technic solution, way less expensive and has the software install "easy-style".

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...21-2011-a.html

If you want to have your Angel Eyes as DRL's then there is a solution that 30yrveteran came up with a while ago. It is in the DIY section, I am linking directly to it. He used a 5 pole relay, what he did was wire ignition power to the relay, when you turn the car on the relay senses that the electricity is flowing and switches the power on to the AE's. When the headlights turn on the relay senses the power from that and switch the circuit over to the normal BMW wiring so that you don't get an error code. Very clever solution, and inexpensive also.

Here is the post with his attached PDF that has the directions on how to install:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=473231

The 5 blade relay, $2.09 each:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...m_campaign=pla

Last edited by tampamark; 03-31-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:03 PM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Awesome!

What year is your car? If it is a 2006 then you cannot code the Angel Eyes to be active, the LMA module does not allow for it. The 2007 and up can be coded for DRL, really it is only necessary in the 2007 model year since in 2008 the selection was available in Idrive. At least on my buddies 2008 550 he can choose the AE as DRL, but his is an LCI car. If you have a 2007 I have collected this from other coding sites so I have NOT done this myself to verify. My car is 2006 and does not have the LM2 light module so I cannot code these. In the 2007 you can turn on the DRL but it defaults the regular bulb, so this coding allows you to turn off the bulb and leave only the AE:

Pre LCI (with Lm2 module) you can have them on in position 0 and turn off DRL bulbs
  1. LMA [LM2] TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE aktiv Enable DRL (the same as on/off menu if available from iDrive)
  2. LMA [LM2] VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s Select the AE as the DRL (default to drl_h for US model), linked with DRL_TFL_SML_33
  3. LMA [LM2] DRL_TFL_SML_33 aktiv Enable the AE as the DRL after switching VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s - (LM2)

You cannot code the DVD player for movies, it just is not within the capabilities of the CCC. To do that you have to use external hardware, along the lines of a navvideo or dension and a DVD player mounted somewhere in the car.

I also set my car to boot directly to the Entertainment screen, not sure if you had done these or not, also eliminated the seat warning gong (Wife puts purse in passenger seat) and the door open warning gong with ign on:

- Key ignition warning deactivate:
Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

- Seat Belt Unfastened Gong
Module ABG, two values to change:
SBR_beifahrer
SBR_fahrer
aktiv > nicht aktiv
Hi Mark My ABG

Had:

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM
aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_SGM
aktiv

is this the same as the ones you listed above, this was the closest match I could find.
I don't know what SGM means?

Thanks
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
I found this on the web.... might help some sorry if was already posted but I have not seen it before.

http://http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=bmw%20rain_light_sensor%20nicht%20aktiv&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.m5board.com%2Fvbulletin%2Fatt achments%2Fe63-bmw-m6-forum-bmw-m6-convertible-m6board-com%2F127134d1298322717-dyi-_coding-e63-e64-updated-02-21-2011-modules-activities.doc&ei=ixZZUZvrIYmQiAKahoGQDA&usg=AFQjCNEkpMC4jfdrMz_ZYIoCRvsk05apiA
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp

Last edited by Nitrogen; 03-31-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
I found this on the web.... might help some sorry if was already posted but I have not seen it before.
That's a handy document, I had it printed out on paprer but lost the soft copy. Thanks for re-finding it for me! I take it you found what you were looking for with regards to the seatbelt chime? There's a few different versions depending on the buld date of your e6x.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 AM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
Hi Mark My ABG

Had:

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM
aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_SGM
aktiv

is this the same as the ones you listed above, this was the closest match I could find.
I don't know what SGM means?

Thanks
Mine show:

SBR_BEIFAHRER_ACSM
aktiv
SBR_FAHRER_ACSM
aktiv

I changed those to NICHT-AKTIV. Even though mine did not show the exact same as the document from the M5board I went ahead and changed them. Figured I could change them back if it failed...hopefully.

Not sure why yours end in SBG and mine in ACSM, perhaps something to do with the build date? You could research in google and see, personally I would just change them but I tend to forge ahead sometimes when I shouldn't!

This is the document put together by the M6 crowd, they have a big headstart on the coding. There is a lot more info as you read through the thread though, especially in the later pages. The first 30 (or more?) are devoted to all the folks having cable issues and software install issues!

The Word Doc is a great starting point, but further research is sometimes required.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...21-2011-a.html

Last edited by tampamark; 04-01-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
I just hope the seat belt gong has no affect on the function of the air bags since it is in the ABG module??
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,723
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
I just hope the seat belt gong has no affect on the function of the air bags since it is in the ABG module??
It has been discussed in coding threads for this and other models, it is just the gong, or so they say! I turned off the ignition gong also which is great, when I am coding I leave the door open, dings for a while and stops!!!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Nitrogen's Avatar
Nitrogen Nitrogen is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Central California
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 422
Mein Auto: BMW 650i Convertible
So has anyone installed the coolant temp reading in BC cluster? I really want it installed if possible I looked for a BC for Temp in KOMBI but found nothing. I know you can do this through a series of push this button and that button and it will appear but you need to redo it every time you start the car. I want it permanent. Suggestions???
__________________
Sent Via iPhone using BimmerApp
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-04-2013, 01:43 AM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 449
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
So has anyone installed the coolant temp reading in BC cluster? I really want it installed if possible I looked for a BC for Temp in KOMBI but found nothing. I know you can do this through a series of push this button and that button and it will appear but you need to redo it every time you start the car. I want it permanent. Suggestions???
There's no option for that unfortunately.

With regards to AE as DRLs, the right way to do it is to retrofit an LM2 light control module. It is a bit complex but can be done. I picked up an LM2 yesterday & I'm fitting it to my pre-LCI e63. I have found a "how to" thread and I have already started to try improve on the guide by structuring it a bit better, I'm also going to add screen shots of the process as that can help with understanding the process. You need to use NCS Expert, WinKFP & Tool32, all these are part of the standard tools package.
This module also allows:
- Welcome lights (eg Angel Eyes)
- Cornering fig lights (like current generation Audi)
- AE as DRLs
- LCI lights retrofit for e60

Just using relays on top of the LM is just asking for trouble down the line IMO.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-06-2013, 10:46 AM
castercorey castercorey is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Mein Auto: 645ci
Success!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
Did you activate the CDC? This needs to be set to aktiv. You could revmove +IPOD & instead add $672 (CD changer), the Dension replictes the CD changer, although it does have a good interface once you select MP5. I have my Dension working with $672 & not +IPOD in the VO.

The parameters canged in my M-ASK unit (should be the same for your CCC/CIC):



Note: MP3_CCC is set to either full or external, check your trace file through "NCS Dummy" to see which options are in your car. Or PDF a copy of your trace file & attach it to a post & I'll look at it for you. If you wan to leave the VO alone then set the CDC to aktiv & MP3_CCC to full as a first try. Those two are definitely set incorrectly in your car.


Other options in CCC/M-ASK:

As you are coding the CCC any set the following items to fkt_frei to put the option to enable/disable alarm chirp into the iDrive menu:
Corrected my mistake and changed MP3_CCC from aktiv to full. Let the car sleep for 15 minutes and BAM! It worked flawlessly.
__________________
A perissodactyl ungulate may be propelled toward a body of aqueous fluid, but such ungulate cannot be compelled or forcibly induced to imbibe such fluid.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms