Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series

6 Series
The BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-30-2013, 07:45 PM
HerbP HerbP is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,343
Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post
Awesome!

What year is your car? If it is a 2006 then you cannot code the Angel Eyes to be active, the LMA module does not allow for it. The 2007 and up can be coded for DRL, really it is only necessary in the 2007 model year since in 2008 the selection was available in Idrive. At least on my buddies 2008 550 he can choose the AE as DRL, but his is an LCI car. If you have a 2007 I have collected this from other coding sites so I have NOT done this myself to verify. My car is 2006 and does not have the LM2 light module so I cannot code these. In the 2007 you can turn on the DRL but it defaults the regular bulb, so this coding allows you to turn off the bulb and leave only the AE:

Pre LCI (with Lm2 module) you can have them on in position 0 and turn off DRL bulbs
  1. LMA [LM2] TAGFAHRLICHT_ECE aktiv Enable DRL (the same as on/off menu if available from iDrive)
  2. LMA [LM2] VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 drl_s Select the AE as the DRL (default to drl_h for US model), linked with DRL_TFL_SML_33
  3. LMA [LM2] DRL_TFL_SML_33 aktiv Enable the AE as the DRL after switching VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL_33 -> drl_s - (LM2)

You cannot code the DVD player for movies, it just is not within the capabilities of the CCC. To do that you have to use external hardware, along the lines of a navvideo or dension and a DVD player mounted somewhere in the car.

I also set my car to boot directly to the Entertainment screen, not sure if you had done these or not, also eliminated the seat warning gong (Wife puts purse in passenger seat) and the door open warning gong with ign on:

- Key ignition warning deactivate:
Module KOMBI
cc_zuendschluessel
aktiv > nicht_aktiv

- Seat Belt Unfastened Gong
Module ABG, two values to change:
SBR_beifahrer
SBR_fahrer
aktiv > nicht aktiv
I was trying to remove my seat belt gong today, but I can not find the ABG module? Is that module named something different on my 05 model? I was also thinking if there was a way to do accomplish this, by setting the amount of seat weight?. This way you could actually have the gong present, while a person is riding with you.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Yes I have adaptive headlights. We have some tweaking to do so it will be a few days till we are ready to post the results. Stand by for updates.
Just an update. We have the lights working but they go on as soon as you hit the turn signals and fade out after about 6 seconds. On my 2012 f10 they turn on and stay on till you make a turn and are of triggered by the turn signal switch. That's what we are going for.
Progress but not done yet. I'll update again when I have the time to play more.
__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:48 AM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Well finally got some time to devote to coding and did the coding for the disclaimer... What a breeze... Thanks fellas for the great info on the procedure.
I know some are coding for quick boot up of the CCC but since Ive removed the disclaimer mine is booting up considerably quicker...
Looking forward to the next coding endeavor...
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades

Last edited by coug60; 05-01-2013 at 03:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 05-01-2013, 04:00 AM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Since my 6er is an 06 my battery is about 7yrs old now and as far as I know working fine.
My question is this. How long do they usually last and from what I think I know they have to be coded to the car when installing a new one.
If so, has anybody done the coding for a new battery and if so is there any info on it?
Apparently a bad battery can cause a multitude of variable faults and conditions and Ive been dreading the day when I have that problem and want to be ready for it... Its one of the biggest reasons I purchased the software. Just that alone pays for the investment several times over...
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 AM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,566
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
I was trying to remove my seat belt gong today, but I can not find the ABG module? Is that module named something different on my 05 model? I was also thinking if there was a way to do accomplish this, by setting the amount of seat weight?. This way you could actually have the gong present, while a person is riding with you.
I don't know? Perhaps you may need to peruse the coding sites to see what they have to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Just an update. We have the lights working but they go on as soon as you hit the turn signals and fade out after about 6 seconds. On my 2012 f10 they turn on and stay on till you make a turn and are of triggered by the turn signal switch. That's what we are going for.
Progress but not done yet. I'll update again when I have the time to play more.
Sounds like you are on the right track! You and Zerocks are mad scientists, you gotta love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Well finally got some time to devote to coding and did the coding for the disclaimer... What a breeze... Thanks fellas for the great info on the procedure.
I know some are coding for quick boot up of the CCC but since Ive removed the disclaimer mine is booting up considerably quicker...
Looking forward to the next coding endeavor...
If you get a chance, try changing that timeout value, it is and easy change. You might be even more impressed with the boot time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Since my 6er is an 06 my battery is about 7yrs old now and as far as I know working fine.
My question is this. How long do they usually last and from what I think I know they have to be coded to the car when installing a new one.
If so, has anybody done the coding for a new battery and if so is there any info on it?
Apparently a bad battery can cause a multitude of variable faults and conditions and Ive been dreading the day when I have that problem and want to be ready for it... Its one of the biggest reasons I purchased the software. Just that alone pays for the investment several times over...

Well Coug, there is no quick answer for that one. But I will summarize for expediency...if you are replacing the battery with an EXACT replacement, same type (AGM vs non-AGM) and ah ratings then you simply need to register the new battery to the car. A simple process that does not involve coding:

Open up Toolset 32, a program that should be in your C: drive (under EDIABAS folder):

1. Open Tool32
2. Datei > SGBD, Gruppendatei Laded > Select MSV70.PRG > Click Open
3. Highlight steuern_batterietausch_registri
4. Job > Job Einmal Ausfuhren (run job once)
5. The job runs pretty quickly and the results say Job_status = okay.

If you are buying a battery that is different, for instance switching from an AGM to non-AGM then you have to go through a bunch more steps. I am getting this information from the M5board guru, Zerocks1, who posted an amazing how-to in the following thread.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...ml#post2509177

Last edited by tampamark; 05-01-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
erkbiz erkbiz is offline
Registered User
Location: Michigan USA
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 85
Mein Auto: 2013 X3
Coding to close moonroof using Comfort Access

Hello,

There are 2 coding options for closing the moonroof on my 2013 X3(F25), one uses the key fob the other uses Comfort Access.

Does anyone know if the coding for Comfort Access will close the moonroof when locking the door using the door handle function?

Thanks,
ERK
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:58 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
OK.. Thanks, good to know..
One more question. How would I use the software (if possible) to read out and clear fault codes should any arise.
I'm getting ready to do the 3M fuel injector cleaning and want to be able to clear any of the codes that sometimes arise from that DIY maintenance...
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 AM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Diagnostic Software
The best Diagnostic tool in your BMTechnic package is withouot doubt DIS. Others will argure that it is too slow. It is slow but it is very comprehensive. It is easy to use. Here is a user guide:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw0kitweak...DIS-Manual.pdf

Registering a new battery
There's no ned to go to the complexity of using Tool32 to register a new battery. You can use DIS to do this task quite easily. Here is a guide on how to use DIS for registering your new battery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrh12qooc3..._Using_DIS.pdf

Airbag Module

In the e6x (including e63) the airbag is controlled by the SGM module. To disable the seatbelt gong make the following changes in the SGM module:

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM (Passenger)
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

SBR_FAHRER_SGM (driver)
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

(Obviously you make these changes at your own risk)
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 05-02-2013, 11:42 AM
Mulchman's Avatar
Mulchman Mulchman is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Valley Forge, PA
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 518
Mein Auto: '07 650i
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkbiz View Post
Hello,

There are 2 coding options for closing the moonroof on my 2013 X3(F25), one uses the key fob the other uses Comfort Access.

Does anyone know if the coding for Comfort Access will close the moonroof when locking the door using the door handle function?

Thanks,
ERK
I have CA and I coded the ability to close everything via the key or CA. The car came with the ability to open everything. I don't know if things have changed but my car will lock/unlock, then operate the windows, then operate the roof (with the key or the door handle).
__________________
'07 650i Coupe - Black Sapphire Metallic
M6 bumpers, skirts & wheels
BMW M Cross Spoke Composite 101 Rims 20"
HUD, Comfort Access

Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:35 PM
HerbP HerbP is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,343
Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
Diagnostic Software
The best Diagnostic tool in your BMTechnic package is withouot doubt DIS. Others will argure that it is too slow. It is slow but it is very comprehensive. It is easy to use. Here is a user guide:

DIS is a very good tool! It's hard to learn to use, but it makes you think!

[Airbag Module[/B]
In the e6x (including e63) the airbag is controlled by the SGM module. To disable the seatbelt gong make the following changes in the SGM module:

SBR_BEIFAHRER_SGM (Passenger)
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

SBR_FAHRER_SGM (driver)
aktiv -> nicht_aktiv

(Obviously you make these changes at your own risk)
I just want to remove the passenger side gong! It would be nice if you could set a weight limit for the warning, this way you would have a fail safe? More than 10 #'s.

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:16 AM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
I just want to remove the passenger side gong! It would be nice if you could set a weight limit for the warning, this way you would have a fail safe? More than 10 #'s.

Thanks
There's no way to set a weight limit unfortunately. Just change the Beifahrer setting I mentioned to nicht_aktiv to disable passenger seat belt gong.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM
troylees troylees is offline
Registered User
Location: HK
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 22
Mein Auto: MINI
Hi rebel, what's the password of guide books?
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:44 PM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by troylees View Post
Hi rebel, what's the password of guide books?
Only one file has a password bmwcoding.com, sorry, I meant to take that password off.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
albertoxikitin albertoxikitin is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: spain
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 450
Mein Auto: bmw e63
I have a friend with a 2005 bmw M6 and he wants to know if he can activate mp3 mode....somebody know if he could?.... Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM
HerbP HerbP is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Georgia
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,343
Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
There's no way to set a weight limit unfortunately. Just change the Beifahrer setting I mentioned to nicht_aktiv to disable passenger seat belt gong.
I got the seat belt gong turned off today. I noticed after turning off the gong, the warning light still goes off. This tells me the system would most likely activate the air bag if needed.

Thanks Again!
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 05-04-2013, 03:19 AM
rebel.ranter rebel.ranter is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Cork, Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbP View Post
I got the seat belt gong turned off today. I noticed after turning off the gong, the warning light still goes off. This tells me the system would most likely activate the air bag if needed.

Thanks Again!
Hi, if you want to turn the light off too in the Instrument Cluster then you need to change the following parameter in the KOMBI module:

SBR_BEIFAHRER PASSENGER SEAT BELT WARNING
aktiv enabled
nicht_aktiv not enabled
SBR_FAHRER DRIVER SEAT BELT WARNING
aktiv enabled
nicht_aktiv not enabled

I included the driver one if you want that off too!!
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 PM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Cornering lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
Just an update. We have the lights working but they go on as soon as you hit the turn signals and fade out after about 6 seconds. On my 2012 f10 they turn on and stay on till you make a turn and are of triggered by the turn signal switch. That's what we are going for.
Progress but not done yet. I'll update again when I have the time to play more.
OK! As promised, the final coding is done. Zrocks1 finished the magic potion! Turning lights are operational!

Here's the link.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e63...ml#post3163145

__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Ol' 645 Ol' 645 is offline
Registered User
Location: Hampton, GA
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: Bmw 645ci
I bought this cable also, but it has been a little difficult figuring out. Does this work for the 2004 645ci? I tried to begin with something simple like removing the initial warning display and passenger side seat belt gong. I didn't get to far after reading messages. I've had my car for quite some time, so I don't know if any of the applications will work for it. Just curious to find out what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:15 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Hey I would like to do these...
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

High beams using main headlights (What is this exactly)
Enable fog lamps with high beams
Fan marker LED on in auto mode (also what about including temp markers)

Also I saw something on the "Ring Tone" with a value of 1. Are there different ring tones for our cars?
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades

Last edited by coug60; 05-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 PM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Hey I would like to do these...
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

High beams using main headlights (What is this exactly)
Enable fog lamps with high beams
Fan marker LED on in auto mode (also what about including temp markers)

Also I saw something on the "Ring Tone" with a value of 1. Are there different ring tones for our cars?
Coug60,

Look here at post 301
If you have the time there is a tremendous amount of info in this thread.
That's a partial list and I'm pretty sure those are in there.

I don't think there are Temp. Light indicators.

Headlights as high beams are just that. High beams by default are the 2 inner bulbs. On newer models you can program to use the main beams for high beams. You may need the LM2 module and that may mean from 07' on but I'm not certain.

Yes on the ringtones but I have not tried them yet.
__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:47 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Thanks Roseng...
a lot of reading... over 100 pages....

So here's another question...
I found a list of various codings, and as an example one is for the "Fan Speed" w/ Control Unit IHKA and another the "Legal Disclaimer" w/ Control Unit CAPPL
I was about to code up the Fan Speed and using the guide that I think Tampamark put out on the Disclaimer as an aide and so instead of selecting CAPPL I selected IHKA and read the ECU.
So other then selecting IHKA instead of CAPPL is everything else still the same ie pull up the fsw.psw.trc file, find GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO Change it to active save it as .man and then load it?
If so that means I could do the same for say... Seat Belt Unfastened Chimes which is Control module ABG...
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades

Last edited by coug60; 05-22-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 AM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Thanks Roseng...
a lot of reading... over 100 pages....

So here's another question...
I found a list of various codings, and as an example one is for the "Fan Speed" w/ Control Unit IHKA and another the "Legal Disclaimer" w/ Control Unit CAPPL
I was about to code up the Fan Speed and using the guide that I think Tampamark put out on the Disclaimer as an aide and so instead of selecting CAPPL I selected IHKA and read the ECU.
So other then selecting IHKA instead of CAPPL is everything else still the same ie pull up the fsw.psw.trc file, find GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO Change it to active save it as .man and then load it?
If so that means I could do the same for say... Seat Belt Unfastened Chimes which is Control module ABG...
That's the basic idea for all of the programing. Basically we are not really doing anytning but turning on or off options in the modules that already exist. It's either adding or removing the NICHT_ for most everything.

You can use NCS dummy to translate most of the coding to see the functions too.

One tip, always read the car 2 time when you initially read it. Some modules will store the entire car as well as the module itself. The second read gives you only the module it self. You only need to do this once per coding session.

Also if you want to go deeper feel free to contact Zerocks1 directly. He is the master and really a great guy. He can and will answer any question.

He lives close to me and we have mod sessions almost weekly. This week we added the BMW projector lights to my doors.

Next we are working on my AEs and converting them to V4 LEDs. Big job
__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-23-2013, 03:30 PM
coug60's Avatar
coug60 coug60 is offline
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Location: Nothern California - Bay Area
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 863
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
I'm jealous.... Thanks Roseng....
Ill let you know how it goes...
__________________

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-23-2013, 04:37 PM
tampamark tampamark is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: tampa fl
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,566
Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coug60 View Post
Thanks Roseng...
a lot of reading... over 100 pages....

So here's another question...
I found a list of various codings, and as an example one is for the "Fan Speed" w/ Control Unit IHKA and another the "Legal Disclaimer" w/ Control Unit CAPPL
I was about to code up the Fan Speed and using the guide that I think Tampamark put out on the Disclaimer as an aide and so instead of selecting CAPPL I selected IHKA and read the ECU.
So other then selecting IHKA instead of CAPPL is everything else still the same ie pull up the fsw.psw.trc file, find GEBL_ANZEIGE_AUTO Change it to active save it as .man and then load it?
If so that means I could do the same for say... Seat Belt Unfastened Chimes which is Control module ABG...
That thread is a lot of reading. The first 30 pages seem to be software install and cable issues, hence the reason I went with the BM Technic solution. Not to mention it is cheaper than what people are paying for the cable by itself.

As Roseng has stated, when you change a setting the first thing you need to know is what Module the change will occur. For some popular settings it is the CAPPL module. For others, like the digital speed on cluster, it is in the KOMBI. So you select that module, read it in, change the setting, and write it back out as a .MAN file. The Word Document in the very first post on the M5Board lists many popular settings. You can also peruse the web and find others.

I have gotten a sense of how the original writers of NCS Expert did this, they have one file that is created to show you what is in the Module, which is the .TRC (trace) file that you first look at. Then, once you are ready to initiate the change back to the car, you save that Trace file as a .MAN (manipulation) file. At least that is what I assume they stand for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post

Next we are working on my AEs and converting them to V4 LEDs. Big job
Very cool, that project is huge, but you will love the look.

Does your Wife think you are crazy yet? Mine already makes fun of me for my board activities. I can only imagine what she would think if I became a mad BMW modifier like yourself!
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-23-2013, 06:18 PM
roseng's Avatar
roseng roseng is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Calabasas, CA
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,069
Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post

Very cool, that project is huge, but you will love the look.
It's a big project but I have Al in my back yard so I know I can't "F" it up too much. He's not only an expert in this stuff, but he has become a close friend too. All I can say is "What a guy!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamark View Post

Does your Wife think you are crazy yet? Mine already makes fun of me for my board activities. I can only imagine what she would think if I became a mad BMW modifier like yourself!
She's sure I'm insane, it's my only redeeming trait. But it's my 14 year old twin girls that get a real kick out of it.

Around their friends (mostly the boys) I'm "Swag Dad" when we pull up in the 6.
The 14 year old boys love the car and the girls make me drop them off at school with the top and windows down.

When we did the door projector lights last week they went nuts. They pretend that they barely noticed it but then they ran to show mom.

My wife got in the car today to drive it for the first time in a few weeks. She said "what's that red button for?" I said "It's for sport mode". She said "Oh, was it there before?" I said no, and she pulled out of the garage without another word.
__________________

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms