Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 AW 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooK77 View Post
My cruise control isn't working since I bought my car two months ago (everything else works flawless). I checked the car with a feiend's DIS and no errors showed up, we even tested the cruise control lever and all the movement positions worked on DIS.

If anyone can share some thoughts on this:
1.- Is it possible that cruise control is bricked?
2.- If that possibility exists can I overwrite the correct files and try to get cruise control back again?
How did you retrofit it?

Did you add the option code to your VO and then code the VO holding modules?

Then code the affected modules with Expert Mode in NCS?

| LCI Msport Conversion | Custom Kevlar/Carbon Fiber Wind Splitter | Exotic Tuning Front Lip | H&R Coilovers | M3 Subframe Bushings | E93 M3 23.6mm Rear Sway Bar | Whiteline 27mm Front Sway Bar | Ground Control Camber Kit | L7 | Hand-Made LED Angel Eyes | Breyton GTS-R | Bridgestone Pole Position S-04 | CarPC with Centrafuse Front End | Alpine MRP-M500 | Custom LED Reverse Lights | OEM Blacklines | BMW Performance Trunk Spoiler |
Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM

Mein Auto: 645i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdriller9 View Post
How did you retrofit it?

Did you add the option code to your VO and then code the VO holding modules?

Then code the affected modules with Expert Mode in NCS?
I didn't retrofit anything. I think the dealership bricked the cruise control function with a fault software update, because the car is not showing any errors and the cruise control lever works on DIS.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Mein Auto: Bmw 645ci
Hello everyone. Is there coding for the AUX?

I've started using the coding to follow some of the examples a lot of you have done so far. I removed my cd player connection and added the AUX cable? Is there coding that I can use to activate the Aux or do i need to make a trip to the dealership to have them activate it?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'll be removing the passenger seat gong and the computer start-up display this weekend hopefully.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:27 PM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
You need to code the CCC (or M-ASK if you don't have Nav) unit to enable the Aux in your iDrive menu. Or the better way to do it is modify your vehicle's VO (instructions on how to do so in one of the first posts). You the default code the CCC, it is a better way of doing it than just changing the line of code.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645Ci & 2007 750Li
This is a bump for the new members!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 645ci
Questions regarding digital speed Via the stalk... I updated/coded this option with my IPad and BMWhat app
and the coding works, I just have a problem with functionality. The digital speed reaches your top speed but slowly
counts down when I slow down. I can be st a complete stop snd it reads 35 MPH. I was under the assumption that this would read true speed on par with the
regular speedometer, if I'm traveling at 50 mph it's at 45 and slowly counting down... Anyone else have this
Issue?

08 Chrysler 300c stock

2005 BMW 645ci: DINAN Stage 2 software, Magnaflow Custom cat back race exhaust, AFE stage 2 pro dry CAI, GFG custom painted/CF Hydro dipped Medellin wheels (22x9 front, 22x10.5 rear) AC SChnitzer dash kit, Matte Aluminum Red with Carbon Fiber BMW performace stripe wrap, custom roundels, Yellow fogs, custom painted brake duct rings.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynsFinest View Post
Questions regarding digital speed Via the stalk... I updated/coded this option with my IPad and BMWhat app
and the coding works, I just have a problem with functionality. The digital speed reaches your top speed but slowly
counts down when I slow down. I can be st a complete stop snd it reads 35 MPH. I was under the assumption that this would read true speed on par with the
regular speedometer, if I'm traveling at 50 mph it's at 45 and slowly counting down... Anyone else have this
Issue?
BrooklynsFinest,

Thats a new one. I've done several of these specific changes for people and I've seen several more and never seen that one.

I've also never or seen anyone else that have used an iPad and BMWhat and I have to believe that is the problem.

From what I can see on their website, it looks like an OBD reader and code reset program, not a full NCS type coding program.

I've done a fair amount of coding and I would never try to do program with that device. I would really suggest you go to post #1 and order the bmwtecnnic setup, and undo what ever you did with your iPad app.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseng View Post
BrooklynsFinest,

Thats a new one. I've done several of these specific changes for people and I've seen several more and never seen that one.

I've also never or seen anyone else that have used an iPad and BMWhat and I have to believe that is the problem.

From what I can see on their website, it looks like an OBD reader and code reset program, not a full NCS type coding program.

I've done a fair amount of coding and I would never try to do program with that device. I would really suggest you go to post #1 and order the bmwtecnnic setup, and undo what ever you did with your iPad app.
Thanks, when I purchased the app it stated coding was not capable because of the stability
Of the wifi connection, I received an update yesterday saying that coding is now capable for limited cars but it's in beta.

I thought it was really cool because it has the option to code all of the popular codes from lighting to comfort access with my Ipad and Iphone, It saves your origional settings and allows one touch on or off via the app. A friend has Autologix and I'll just see if he can fix the speedometer reading after I reset it.

08 Chrysler 300c stock

2005 BMW 645ci: DINAN Stage 2 software, Magnaflow Custom cat back race exhaust, AFE stage 2 pro dry CAI, GFG custom painted/CF Hydro dipped Medellin wheels (22x9 front, 22x10.5 rear) AC SChnitzer dash kit, Matte Aluminum Red with Carbon Fiber BMW performace stripe wrap, custom roundels, Yellow fogs, custom painted brake duct rings.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
BrooklynsFinest,

Thanks, when I purchased the app it stated coding was not capable because of the stability
Of the wifi connection, I received an update yesterday saying that coding is now capable for limited cars but it's in beta.

I thought it was really cool because it has the option to code all of the popular codes from lighting to comfort access with my Ipad and Iphone, It saves your origional settings and allows one touch on or off via the app. A friend has Autologix and I'll just see if he can fix the speedometer reading after I reset it.

08 Chrysler 300c stock

Old 08-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynsFinest View Post

Interesting. Can you post a link? I'd like to know more.
Thanks.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:00 PM

DIY Coding your BMW...so simple it is available to all!

Quote:
Interesting. Can you post a link? I'd like to know more.
Thanks.
Here's a few screen shots, I left the car to get everything cleared and reset with Autologic:

8 MPH while the car is in park at a full stop
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423631.265068.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	391316

4 ECU's to code

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423701.550699.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	391319

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423747.828673.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	391321

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423779.666761.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	391322

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423810.425159.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	391323

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423832.199550.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	391324

He's resetting everything and also doing a few updates...I really wish I could find one of these on eBay lol

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1376423889.665589.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	391325

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

08 Chrysler 300c stock

Old 08-13-2013, 03:13 PM

Mein Auto: 630i, 525i, 320iC
You have not enabled the digital speedo. The digital speedo would read V = 0mph.
What you have there is reset the Average speed reading. Press & hold the BC button & the end of the turn signal stalk & it will reset to zero.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:42 PM

RR is correct. You are seeing the average speed and that's why you see a speed even when stopped.

Can I get a link to the software website? I guess anything's possible but it's hard to imagine this being able to code properly and if it did how you could make a read back-up. There are so many different files and drivers for the different model and year cars.

If you search you might find that diagnostics tool but you might not want to pay for it. They are $$$$.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:23 AM

as I mentioned yesterday in the LM2 Module Upgrade Threat , I have now successfully done my first coding and I used tampamark's guide. Thanks Mark!
since this is now a more general question about coding I thought I bring it over here onto this threat.
I have done the Legal Disclamer delete in the CAPPL module. To display the digital speed I would have to select KOMBI?
Now here is where I'm getting a bit lost, when I was doing the legal disclaimer delete I had to go to C:\NSEXPERT\WORK and locate the file FSW_PSW.TRC I'm guessing the folder will still be the same but will the file also be the same (FSW_PSW.TRC)?
It is step 12 to 16 in Mark's guide that I'm a bit worried about doing something wrong. After those steps I'm sure I will be fine, I just have to upload to the correct module.

20" wheels 245/35 - 285/30, black grill and blacked out side markers, 10W white LED angel eyes, Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein shocks,
AC Schnitzer pedals, Sprint Booster (what a waste of money), electronic exhaust cut-outs, red brake calipers (painted)
AFE air intake, door laser BMW logo projector lights, CSR front lip with carbon accents, carbon side skirts
Old 08-14-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattymetzger View Post
as I mentioned yesterday in the LM2 Module Upgrade Threat , I have now successfully done my first coding and I used tampamark's guide. Thanks Mark!
since this is now a more general question about coding I thought I bring it over here onto this threat.
I have done the Legal Disclamer delete in the CAPPL module. To display the digital speed I would have to select KOMBI?
Now here is where I'm getting a bit lost, when I was doing the legal disclaimer delete I had to go to C:\NSEXPERT\WORK and locate the file FSW_PSW.TRC I'm guessing the folder will still be the same but will the file also be the same (FSW_PSW.TRC)?
It is step 12 to 16 in Mark's guide that I'm a bit worried about doing something wrong. After those steps I'm sure I will be fine, I just have to upload to the correct module.
Good question.

The file name will always be the same. It updates after each read but the name or location does not change.

You are correct, for the digital speed indicator, you would need to read, modify and write back to the Kombi module.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:59 AM

Sorry accidental double post.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Good question.

The file name will always be the same. It updates after each read but the name or location does not change.

You are correct, for the digital speed indicator, you would need to read, modify and write back to the Kombi module.

Allright!! I 'm good to go and do some more coding
Thanks

20" wheels 245/35 - 285/30, black grill and blacked out side markers, 10W white LED angel eyes, Eibach lowering springs on Bilstein shocks,
AC Schnitzer pedals, Sprint Booster (what a waste of money), electronic exhaust cut-outs, red brake calipers (painted)
AFE air intake, door laser BMW logo projector lights, CSR front lip with carbon accents, carbon side skirts
Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci
Aux in vehicle order, aux active, aux mounted on work folder ann aux cable installed, but no aux on display, I am new to this coding and don't know what else to try before surrender to the dealer $250 for coding the aux.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:12 PM

Thanks Rebel. Ranter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
You need to code the CCC (or M-ASK if you don't have Nav) unit to enable the Aux in your iDrive menu. Or the better way to do it is modify your vehicle's VO (instructions on how to do so in one of the first posts). You the default code the CCC, it is a better way of doing it than just changing the line of code.
How do I code the CCC. I'm not sure if I have the CCC? I had quite a few options, but don't know which to select. Here's the step that I'm referring to.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CCC 2.png
Views:	55
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	393668   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCC.png
Views:	52
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	393669  
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' 645 View Post
How do I code the CCC. I'm not sure if I have the CCC? I had quite a few options, but don't know which to select. Here's the step that I'm referring to.
I got the AUX working. Thanks to kmgrady01. Thanks everyone for the instructions to coding, too. It's very easy now that I've done a few things and have gotten use to it. Next is closing the convertible top with the Key knob, hopefully.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Re: DIY Coding your BMW...so simple it is available to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' 645 View Post
I got the AUX working. Thanks to kmgrady01. Thanks everyone for the instructions to coding, too. It's very easy now that I've done a few things and have gotten use to it. Next is closing the convertible top with the Key knob, hopefully.
Good.job!

Fob close is easy. Two settings in CAS module and voila. What did you code to get the aux?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 08-29-2013, 09:46 PM

I added the AUX option to the VO and enabled the AUX config in the CAPPL. Thanks to kmgrady01:
1. add +NAUX in VO
2. module CAPPL : AUX_CONFIG = mounted
3. module CAUDI : INPUT_SCALING_SUB2 = wert_02

And i love it.

Which coding did you use for the convertible top up?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
Thanks! Good to know.

The top/windows up setting is:

CAS module

KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
set it to aktiv
Old 09-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci convertible
Question Climate controls

So I've managed to code just about every common feature that is known, but I'm not sure these are working properly or I'm expecting more from these changes. Nothing shows in iDrive when I hit the seat heaters and the controls now in iDrive don't really do much. Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Control unit: Cappl

VA_AIRVENT_SHORTCUT
nicht_aktiv -> active
VA_SEATCLIMA_SHORTCUT
nicht_aktiv -> active
VA_SEATHEAT_SLIDER
nicht_aktiv -> active
VA_SEATVENTILATION
nicht_aktiv -> active
SITZHEIZUNG_APP_9
nicht_aktiv -> active
Old 09-01-2013, 06:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 645ci convertible
INPUT_SCALING_SUB2 value

Also, for those who have coded their AUX port using wert_02 for INPUT_SCALING_SUB2, I wasn't happy with the disparity between the AUX volume and radio or CD, so I played around with this setting a bit and wert_04 seems to bring the AUX volume almost on par with the radio volume. Can someone confirm they experience the same or confirm that I'm just fooling myself.

module CAUDI : INPUT_SCALING_SUB2 = wert_04