Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:22 AM
mrdie mrdie is offline
Registered User
Location: Temecula
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 335i
Angel eyes and headlights

Hello, im new here but i would like to know or start a post on headlights and the angel eyes. I have a 2007 335i and the angel eyes are nothing like the new f30 models. i was wondering if it was at all possible to actually change the entire headlight assembly for something more like the newer models. I was looking at the angle eyes upgrade bulbs but i hear they are still not as bright and since i have the older model ( E90) i have to run them with the parking lights.

any info welcome

Last edited by mrdie; 02-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:14 PM
SD Z4MR's Avatar
SD Z4MR SD Z4MR is offline
(formerly SD 335is)
Location: San Diego, CA
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,285
Mein Auto: '06 Z4 MR | '11 335is E92
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

They're actually called "angel eyes" not "angle eyes". Try doing a search for "angel eyes" in this forum and you'll get lots of hits. I'm guessing that searching for "angle eyes" won't return anything.
__________________
- Tom
-------
Mine: 2006 Z4 Roadster (E85) | Interlagos Blue Metallic | Black Extended Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Purchased 7/19/12
Hers: 2011 335is Coupe (E92) | Le Mans Blue Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Dark Glacier Aluminum | 6MT | ED 5/12/11

BMWCCA #444696 - Click to join and a chance to win a 1-Day M School at the BMW Performance Center!


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 PM
mrdie mrdie is offline
Registered User
Location: Temecula
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 335i
thanks for pointing that out, i am terrible at spelling.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 725
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

They're actually called "angel eyes" not "angle eyes". Try doing a search for "angel eyes" in this forum and you'll get lots of hits. I'm guessing that searching for "angle eyes" won't return anything.
Welcome mrdie!

SD Z4MR nice job of welcoming the new member and gently suggesting they search for the topic.

As opposed to the sometimes popular response, "Hey, dumbass! Use the search function. That is only one of the most played out topics here EVER!".

See how easy it is to be nice?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is offline
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9,081
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
From my understanding, depending on what you currently have in your car it could be a relatively inexpensive upgrade to an expensive one.
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:40 PM
MMME30W's Avatar
MMME30W MMME30W is online now
Super Moderator
Location: On The Move
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,159
Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdie View Post
Hello, im new here but i would like to know or start a post on headlights and the angel eyes. I have a 2007 335i and the angel eyes are nothing like the new f30 models. i was wondering if it was at all possible to actually change the entire headlight assembly for something more like the newer models. I was looking at the angle eyes upgrade bulbs but i hear they are still not as bright and since i have the older model ( E90) i have to run them with the parking lights.

any info welcome
Welcome. Try Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes and see if they fit your car.

Expensive at $245, but they are very nice.

http://luxangeleyes.com/products
__________________
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM
HPIA4v2 HPIA4v2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: washington
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,132
Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
2007 335i with Xenon doesn't use H8 bulb it uses smaller bulb (BMW part #63117161444). Still you can check the board sponsor web-site for upgrade.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 925
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
PM e92-lighting member here. I think they will have what you are looking for.
__________________
BMW CCA Member 454031
Save the manuals
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Marsden Marsden is offline
Registered User
Location: Washington DC
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: German Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Z4MR View Post
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

They're actually called "angel eyes" not "angle eyes". Try doing a search for "angel eyes" in this forum and you'll get lots of hits. I'm guessing that searching for "angle eyes" won't return anything.
Well not until today anyway
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 PM
fun2drive's Avatar
fun2drive fun2drive is offline
BMWCCA 149159
Location: Panhandle of Florida
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,621
Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
This should help
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=lux+h8
And the LUX H8 V3 works on all of these except of couse the newer LCI which is bright anyway.
and
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524779
and
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483544
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:33 PM
lqaddict's Avatar
lqaddict lqaddict is offline
Salz und Pfeffer
Location: NYC
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 925
Mein Auto: 2014 F22 M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
This should help
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ghlight=lux+h8
And the LUX H8 V3 works on all of these except of couse the newer LCI which is bright anyway.
and
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524779
and
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=483544
LUX H8 V3 works on LCI E90
__________________
BMW CCA Member 454031
Save the manuals
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-25-2013, 06:47 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdie View Post
Hello, im new here but i would like to know or start a post on headlights and the angel eyes. I have a 2007 335i and the angel eyes are nothing like the new f30 models. i was wondering if it was at all possible to actually change the entire headlight assembly for something more like the newer models. I was looking at the angle eyes upgrade bulbs but i hear they are still not as bright and since i have the older model ( E90) i have to run them with the parking lights.

Are we to believe that you want to replace your upper-crust, elegant, golden glow Angel Eyes with the current, refrigerator white Audi color, 'me too' and a 'cut below' for boy racers?

I say: NO!

NEVER
be ashamed of who you are, owner of the excellent 2007 335i, the finest 6 cyl turbo BMW had made in over 20 years. Wear your golden halos with distinction, as proud as you ever were, a man among men!

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 02-27-2013 at 05:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Last Sight's Avatar
Last Sight Last Sight is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Am we to believe that you want to replace your upper-crust, elegant, golden glow Angel Eyes with the current, refrigerator white Audi color, 'me too' and a 'cut below' for boy racers?

I say: NO!

NEVER
be ashamed of who you are, owner of the excellent 2007 335i, the finest 6 cyl turbo BMW had made in over 20 years. Wear your golden halos with distinction, as proud as you ever were, a man among men!
I stand proud of my golden halos, sir! .....oooo luxangeleyes.com/products what's this?
__________________
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 725
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcgrew1788 View Post
I stand proud of my golden halos, sir! .....oooo luxangeleyes.com/products what's this?
I don't think I have seen my car from the front with the headlights on, but now I want angel eyes.

Even though it reminds me of,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	village of the damned.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	363877  
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-25-2013, 11:19 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 725
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
The BMW's of the DAMNED!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 AM
mrdie mrdie is offline
Registered User
Location: Temecula
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3
Mein Auto: 335i
Called BMW about the angel eyes, they told me to stay away from after market because they heat up too much and melt the wires. Anybody know about this or they just being dumb?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:30 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,007
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdie View Post
Called BMW about the angel eyes, they told me to stay away from after market because they heat up too much and melt the wires. Anybody know about this or they just being dumb?

I would like to see the aftermarket bulb that melts wires. Can they post a pic?

That kinda current draw's one big Bazooka!

.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 02-26-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 725
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
I would like to see the aftermarket bulb that melts wires. Can they post a pic?

That kinda current draw's one big Bazooka!

.
Yeah, that sounds like BS designed to keep people buying BMW factory bulbs. If these angel eyes bulbs pulled that kind of current the folks that had melted wires would be all over these boards warning people and complaining.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Nordic_Kat's Avatar
Nordic_Kat Nordic_Kat is offline
Omnia moderata ratione
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 7,304
Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
Am we to believe that you want to replace your upper-crust, elegant, golden glow Angel Eyes with the current, refrigerator white Audi color, 'me too' and a 'cut below' for boy racers?

I say: NO!

NEVER
be ashamed of who you are, owner of the excellent 2007 335i, the finest 6 cyl turbo BMW had made in over 20 years. Wear your golden halos with distinction, as proud as you ever were, a man among men!
Some day, in the distant future, when my 2009 has acquired the rarified title of 'vintage rolling stock' I will pull out my LUX H8 bulbs and replace them with my carefully preserved OEM Golden Halo bulbs. See, my strategy of putting in gauche LUX H8 bulbs was a carefully thought out plan to actually preserve and protect my valuable OEM bulbs, thereby increasing the ultimate resale value of my car in the next decade.
__________________
If your sport doesn't put blood, dirt or grease under your fingernails,
then it's just a game.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms