Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 12-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
How long does it take for order

I live in southern California in USA. Yesterday I went to dealer and put an order for 2014 335i. How long does it take typically from the day you book the order till the day car shows up at the dealership?
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2013, 05:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW 328i xDrive
I placed an order for a 328i xDrive on August 11th and it arrived at my dealer around October 4th. There are so many variables though, so hard to really gauge. I think my timing was probably average to perhaps a bit quicker than average.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:57 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
I'm on East Coast. Ordered 10/28 (Munich), at dealer on 12/4, took delivery on 12/6. West coast would obviously take longer, 10-14 days longer from what I've read.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:37 PM

How long after you ordered, would dealer give you information to track your order online? The guy I was dealing with at the dealership was bit useless since he didn't have any information about cars or BMW as such. The only reason I ordered with them because they offered me best deal. What are the stages you see when you track order online.

Also when the car arrives at the dealership, can you be sure no one else drives it before you? I may sound like a kid but I don't want anyone else to steal the fun of driving a brand new car with 0 odometer. This was also one of the reasons I ordered custom build car, since I don't want dealers to let many people test drive it (floor hard, brake hard and burn the rubber) before me.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 PM
just copacetic!!!

Mein Auto: 2013 328i, 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayesch View Post
How long after you ordered, would dealer give you information to track your order online? The guy I was dealing with at the dealership was bit useless since he didn't have any information about cars or BMW as such. The only reason I ordered with them because they offered me best deal. What are the stages you see when you track order online.

Also when the car arrives at the dealership, can you be sure no one else drives it before you? I may sound like a kid but I don't want anyone else to steal the fun of driving a brand new car with 0 odometer. This was also one of the reasons I ordered custom build car, since I don't want dealers to let many people test drive it (floor hard, brake hard and burn the rubber) before me.
There's a bunch of threads on your questions, suggest you do a search. As jplev said, there's a lot of variables that can affect how long you wait. Also, none of the cars will arrive at the dealership with 0 miles as the cars are driven on and off the ship and from the port of arrival to the VDC. Most have anywhere from 5-12 miles on it.

This thread might be helpful: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho....php?p=4383536

Best wishes!
'89 325i Bronz, AT(retired)
'02 325i StlGrey, AT, PP, SP
'13 328i AlpWhite, AT8, Xenon, HK
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 PM

Thanks this answers most of my queries.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: 335xi
I placed my order on a Saturday, and the dealer had specifics on VIN and production number by the following Monday or Tuesday. Car was in production by the end of that week.

Once in production everything is predictable and there are many threads discussing this. If there's going to be a delay it's going to be on getting a production slot. My dealer is one of the largest car dealers in the US and owns several NASCAR teams. Production slots were not an issue.

My car was delivered with 11 miles on it. Most of this was probably driving to/from gas station to fill it up.

Sales manager saw me coming in the store for delivery and said "hey, we don't get many cars like yours (loaded Imperial Blue 335xi), it's been a great demo car!" After a brief heart attack I realized he was joking.

Hope your dealer is as good as mine and that you see your new BMW soon!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayesch View Post
I live in southern California in USA. Yesterday I went to dealer and put an order for 2014 335i. How long does it take typically from the day you book the order till the day car shows up at the dealership?
6-7 weeks after the car has been scheduled for building. When it gets scheduled for building depends on the availability of allocations to your dealer, but they should have a reasonable idea of which week they are targeting for production.

2014 328i / Liquid Blue / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 6 MT / Moonroof / Rear Camera + PDC / Xenons / DHP / 12K+ Miles / Bought 10-16-2013
2003 325i / Gray Green / Beige Leatherette / 4 DR / 5 MT / Moonroof / 219K+ Miles / Bought 12-21-2002 / Sold 10-21-2013
1998 Civic EX / Vogue Silver / Gray / 4 DR / 5 MT / 122K+ Miles / Bought 12-30-1997 / Totaled 08-2002
1988 Sentra / Gray / Gray / 2 DR / 4 MT / 190K+ Miles / Bought 06-1994 @ 120K+ Miles / Died 12-1997