Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

E60 M5 (2006 - 2010)

Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM

Mein Auto: car
Which warranty to buy?

So here is the skinny. I am in the market for a late 07-early 09 e60 M5. I picked these years because of the pricing and mileage they generally have. I am allready informed about the maintenance issues and don't care. But I do know that it would be wise to purchase a service contract at time of purchase. My question is , which one. I already have a Zurich product for my GL450 and have also spoken to an Indy shop and they said good things about them, like ease of claim payment. But is Zurich the right one for the M5, are they others? Please give so in put as what to look for. I plan on purchasing one from march-july. Iam looking for an SMG because I have issues with my clutch leg( Army injurys ) and must refrane from using that leg.Thanks for your help!
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
The problem is most GOOD 'extended' warranties must be purchased when the car is still under the mfg 4/50 warranty. After that point the options become MUCH less. Will Zurich sell you one????

The BMW extended warranty is best, but the cars you are seeking are too old, maybe a late 09 that is still in the 4/50...but the most you can add with BMW is a 7/100 (so 3 more years)